• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Clearing]

Tristen nodded when Nika said she was assigned to a Bug and Grass Type class. "Well, if classes are based off of entry exams, then they'd hardly know what I have interest in." She chuckled slyly. "They found that I had a typically..." she searched for the right term, "...unorthodox approach to taking the entry exams."

"Even so, they threw me into the Double-Battle Expert class this morning on a whim. I found it refreshing, and I won't complain about the assignment. Although I don't have any particular desire to take any sort of specializing class, I have overheard from a few people that they offer a General Expert class here, and since I'm not partial to a certain type, I think it'd be interesting to take it eventually."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

"You may be able to request a certain class, if you feel like your development is being hindered. I imagine you could arrange extra sessions with particular teachers as well."

Nika didn't seem to notice, or at least pay much attention, as Spider made her way down the back of Nika's top.

"Do you have any particular plans for the rest of the day? Any planned captures? I know you have only two pokemon, but with their types your team already has a solid foundation. It's hard to predict what you would add next."

Spider re-appeared coming out of Nika's right sleeve, performed a full circle on the back of her hand, then vanished back up the sleeve again.​

Crystallized

Always here. Always there.
Years
Alex blinked a few times as he watched the whole event, beaming at the little cyndaquill as it battled hard. "W-wow...She's rather fast" He uttered, watching Kiki hurl a pokeball at the weakened starly, watching the ball shake eagerly, waiting for the moment when the light went out to signal that the capture was complete.

"Wow...I can't wait to catch a pokemon here too.." He mumbled softly to himself, starting to daydream.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Kiki

Kiki grinned and danced about with Cynder when the pokeball... sprang open and revealed one ticked off bird! Starly screeched at her and charge, batting at Cynder.

"Ack!" Kii cried, falling over with the bird on top of her. "Flamethrower! Now!" she cried, tossing Starly off of her and holding Cynder up, who fired at the bird and... missed? Oh right! Double Team! Kiki really hated that move! She leapt to her feet.

"Double Team again!" she said, setting Cynder down. The mouse raised his evasion yet again, and Starly soared down... Clipping her with his wings, knocking her onto her back. Cynder groaned weakly and lay still, nocked out.

"Oh! NO FAIR!" she protested, hurling the vulpix plushie, knocking the bird to the ground. Starly chirped weakly as she flung another pokeball at it, sucking the bird back inside.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn cheered for Cynder and Kiki, surprised that the Starly broke free. He was shocked to hear her yelling like she did. He wasn't sure what shocked him more: her getting upset, or her throwing her stuffed pokemon and hitting the Starly with it.

As she tried a second time to capture it, Shawn decided their next stop: the beach. He wanted a good water-type and figured that was the best place to find one. He kept looking back and forth between Kiki and her pokeball.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith
Near the Mountains

Rosalyn smiled as she finished the sketch of her Pokemon "alright Jazz, Silver that's good, stop for now and I'll have you two train later" she said putting her sketch book away carefully, as well as her pencils before turning her attention back to her Wartortle and Skarmory. "that was great training" she said seeing the looks in her Pokemon's eyes that said they wanted to keep training. "I just don't want to overwork you, time to rest a bit" she smiled returning the two Pokemon then calling out Belle. The Togekiss chirped happily and flew around her in a circle.

"Glad to see you like being out Belle, I'll train you in a bit, just want some company right now" Rosalyn said petting Belle's head for a moment, "we're heading to the Mountains then to the Volcano" Rosalyn said happily. Suddenly though Belle flew away from her towards a tall man who had extremely light blonde hair, from what she could see the man was training a Flygon and a Salamance. "Belle come back here!" Rosalyn called out running after her Pokemon, she was going to be wary of this new person at first, having not seen him around the Academy before, and having seen the encounter with a Team Rocket Spy, she was going to be sure this man was trustworthy.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Tetra

I am following Master Yew's orders when I observe the Starly being attacked by the Quilava. I let the fire hit, unable to do anything otherwise. I am sure to make him entirely immobile until I am done translating. I then put down the three, and pick the table back up. Our food arrives, and Master Yew orders replacement food for the young trainers. the small one, Orange comments about me, and I nod in his direction.

Why thank you. If you ever need to talk to me, I understand english. I mentally say to Orange, and proceed to eat.

Seth and Teal

As the group entered the cafeteria, they saw Kira, who looked reasonably angry. Kim drifted over to her side, and assumed a position not unlike her misstress'.

"It's about time you three got back. Let's go." Kira said, leading them to the base of the mountain. Teal turned to Seth, and immitated Kira. Kim saw this, and sent a horrible chill his way.

Once they had reached the forest, Kira quickly turned around. Seth bumped into Teal, ho in turn bumped into Lucas.

"Sorry. So? Why did you stop here?" Teal said, talking first to Lucas, and then Kira.

"Since we lost half of the people that were here before, we're gonna have to go two on two. Lucas, you're with me." Kira said, standing off to one side. she drew a line with the toe of her shoe. "This is start. you may have one Pokemon out at a time. for example, if I were to have a Pokemon out that can help me get through the forest, and another for the mountain, i could only have one out at a time. Chose your first." Kira explained. Seth released Scyther, Teal had Heracross, and Kira had her only Pokemon, Kim.

Ready to lose? you could never hope to keep up with Lady Kira. Kim said to Seth, telepathically. Seth had begun to get used to Kim's piercing, icy, taunting mental voice.

In your dreams, Ice Witch. Seth replied, which only succeeded in getting himself frosted by Kim.

Last edited:

Crystallized

Years
Alex blinked and looked a little surprised by the sudden turn of events, even more surprised as Kiki threw the plushy at the starly, and managed to hit it. Letting Rahya out of his pokeball just incase Kiki needed some back-up. "Just shout if you need any help!" Alex called out to Kiki, smiling as he nuzzled Rahya, who made a sound as if grateful for the affection. Clearly Alex loved his pokemon a ton!...

Last edited:

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Orange
"Errr..... Did your pokemon just talk to me?" I ask the professor reluctantly. "And thank you for re-ordering my Cheri Sandwich, they are my favorite food." I hear a crackle noise from Eggy, and I look down to see a small crack on Eggy's shell. I put it up on the table and show everyone. "Look! Eggy has a crack in his shell! It means he's gonna hatch soon! I can't wait for him to hatch! I wonder what kind of pokemon he'll be! A Psyduck, Bulbasaur, or even Piplup! It will be cool to find that out." I continus to wonder about the species of the pokemon inside the egg...

Last edited:

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Tetra

Are you afraid to speak with me directly? Understandable, but do keep in mind that I do have feelings. I say to Orange, who procure an egg from his pocket, placing it on the table. I see Master Yew nodding, and I follow suit, although mine is shorter and brisker. I look down at the Quilava that was giving me trouble, and glare at him. I take another bite of my delicious salad, and turn to Jay.

Greetings. We have yet to formally meet. I say, and I wait for his reply.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
Kiki

Kiki brightened up happily and hugged Alex next. She was so happy to have friends like these! Having friends made everything better! The ball soon stopped shaking, and it pinged, so Kiki grabbed her friends and danced around happily.

"I caught a pokemon! Yay!" she said, dancing about before bounding out and grabbing her new pokeball and picking up her plushy. She returned Cynder and tossed her pokeball, catching it and grinning.

"Great job Cynder! I know you and Birdy will get along great!" she said happily.

Draco

Killita roared playfully and pranced about, tackling Zeal. Zeal roared back, then looked up at the Togekiss. Killita looked up as well. Drake smiled and turned to see the girl watching him.

"Zeal, stop her." he said simply. Zeal roared and slammed his large foot down on Killita's tail, stopping her from pouncing on thegirl and licking her face. He walked over to his dragons and grinned. "I'm Drake, the new Daycare man, and you are?" he said, pushing his hair out of his face.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Clearing]

"I'll be sure to let someone know if I want to change classes. For now, I figured that learning how to battle with both of my pokemon in a double battle is still useful to me, so I don't mind. As for my plans for the rest of the day," Tristen thought for a moment then replied, "I just plan on getting a feel for the island and going out to train my pokemon more. I was thinking about exploring the deeper forest more just to see what it's all about. If I run into something interesting, I'll attempt to catch it. I am, however, looking for an electric or fire type particularly. I want to be able to even out my team as far as variation goes."

Tristen noted Gabriel, who was hugging her arm slightly as she held him. Above, Skarmory was still circling around the sky over them, but he had turned to occupying himself with different maneuvers in the air, unaware of Tristen's watchful eye.

"So," she asked, "I understand that you're in the Suicune Dorm. Do you have any particular plans for after the academy?"

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith
Near the Mountains

Rosalyn shook her head for a moment as she glanced at her Togekiss, "You just love making me chase after you Belle" she chuckled slightly before turning to face the man who had introduced himself as the new Daycare man Drake. Seeing his two dragon types, Rosalyn was in awe. In her opinion they were beautiful Pokemon, plus, she was low on cash and every other drawing or painting she had sold of a Dragon type Pokemon always sold for more. "My names Rosalyn, nice to meet you" she said glancing at him then back at his Pokemon.

"you have nice looking Pokemon, I've always found Dragon types fascinating" she said with a small smile. Despite what she had thought before Rosalyn felt like Drake was alright, she didn't have the same feeling around him that she had around the rocket spy earlier.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn smiled at Kiki. "Congratulations on a new partner. Now I want to find a new member, too. The first one I want to find would probably be at the beach. I want to find a strong water-type." He looked to Zapper, who was gliding around close-by. "Zapper, are you ready to go?" he called. Zapper glided quickly to him, showing she was ready to go.

Shawn looked to Alex, who had his Rhyhorn, then to Kiki, seeing her grinning face. "I would like you two to come with, if you want to. Doing things in a group is much more fun than being alone..." he said, but stopped short. Suppressing his thoughts, he turned to the sandy shoreline, hoping to find what he wanted.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

"I've been reasonably deep into the forest, though I've heard it's apparently dangerous if you go too far towards the center. I imagine the volcano is a smart area to look for fire types," Nika mused, "and I'm not sure about electric types. A lot of them, like Joltik, feed on electricity. So somewhere with enough of it to support them I suppose."

Plans for after the Academy? Right now her only focus was on beating her mother, which she really ought to be training for...

"I'd always considered being a Gym Leader," she admitted. "But now that I know more about the job, I'm not sure it's for me. I think I'll just enjoy being a trainer for a while, test how much good this place has really done me. After that, I'm not sure. What about you?"​

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Clearing]

"I've heard interesting stories about the forest, so I would simply like to sate my curiosity by going in a little deeper. I've already gotten quite close to the volcano already today. It's an interesting place and I'll be sure to go there more often for fire types."

Tristen tilted her head as she thought about what she planned on doing with her life. She has always been more of a nomad, living off the land, traveling. "I don't quite know what I would like to do." She shrugged with her short answer.

"As a trainer," she asked, "what sort of traveling experience do you have? I'm curious."

Nideous

Years
Kiki

Kiki grinned and tossed her pokeball into the air, revealing the weakened Birdy. Birdy chirped softly and circled overhead before landing on her shoulder. She had to agree with Shawn, doing things with friends was a lot more fun than without them! And who knew? Maybe she could catch another pokemon at the beach! She had always, as if this moment, wanted a water type. So it sounded great!

"Meet my new pokemon Birdy!" she said happily, and Birdy chirped happily, a smug look on his face before she returned him. She looked at her pokeballs. She needed more though. More friends to have fun and adventure with. More pokemon. But she was happy now, so everything was alright! Well, it would be pnce she healed her pokemon.

"I'll be right back!" she said before dashing towards the pokemon center.

Draco

Drake smiled. This kid... She must be one of the students. He didn't really know though. The only students he knew were the ones that he had previously met, and there were only two. Pepsi, and Valorie. He wasn't a teacher, so he didn't deal with the students unless they came to him, and he hadn't even gotten his Daycare Center open yet.

"Draco. One of the Dragon Masters of Blackthorn City, and an expert Pokemn Breeder at your service in that case. Dragons are very powerful, majestic creatures." he said, though the way Killita was trying to horse around woth Zeal, they didn't look majestic at all. The flygon soon batted Zeal to the ground and ran over to Rosalyn and sniffed her.

"Flygon!" she cried happily. Drake chuckled.

"That's Killita, one of my first pokemon, and this is Zeal, he's been with me from the beginning. Down girl." he said as Killita licked Rosalyn. She crooned happily and took off, flying into the air. Drake huffed. It was so difficult to seem like you knew what you were doing when you had a hyper dragon...

"Killita Return! And stay returned this time!" he said, pulling out her pokeball. "I'm sorry, she gets excited about everything." he continued, leaning against Zeal, who sighed and looked curiously at Rosalyn. She didn't seem at all scared, and she had complemented him, which didn't happen often. Zeal liked being imposing.

Crystallized

Years
Alex's face immediately went bright red from the hug he received from Kiki, stunned briefly before regaining his composure and fixing his glasses on his face.

"U-uhm...C-congratulations Kiki" Was all me was able to stammer out before looking over at Shawn with a smile.

"M-mhm, I would like a water pokemon too...Maybe make up for Rahya's weakness to water types, Ehh buddy?" Alex said happily, putting a hand on his Rhyhorn's head, patting softly. "Uhm...Should we wait for you Kiki!? Or do you want us to go with you?" Alex shouted after her, just before she dashed off.

Rayha nuzzled his hand slightly, glad to be receiving some more attention from his trainer.

Last edited:

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
Nalafari-Starly

First, the Quilava insults me. Now he tries to harm my friends. That's it, he is so dead. As I prepared to kick that Quilava's a** with my Brave Bird attack, I grinned and made a threatening chirp at theQuilava," If you want to hurt my best buds, ya will have to get through me first ya punk."

As I began to hit the Quilava, out of nowhere, I felt stuck in the air, floating and unable to move. I noticed the Gardevoir using Psychic on me, the Quilava, and the Bonsly. The adult human was giving us a lecture,reminding me about one of Sam's lectures that he had given me. Why would I need to apologize, after all, I was just trying to protect my teammates. Instead of apologizing, I merely shouted multiple curses to the Quilava. I saw the Quilava unleashing a blaze of fire. The psychic Pokemon may have stopped my attack, but the Quilava's attack was unaffected. The Quilava aimed a burst of flames toward me. Oh FRICK, DANG YOU QUILAVA!

The inferno of flames hit me, scorching mainly the primary feathers of my left wing. I felt pain coursing through my veins. My eyes were closed as I was aching in pain. As the Gardevoir, released me, I fell to the ground with a smack. Unfortunately, I was still conscious and did not faint. The pain burned like heck, and falling to the ground does not help at all. I felt myself being lifted up onto a soft cushion, and I felt warm cotton around me. Next, I felt something bitter and squishy near my mouth. I realized that the item in my mouth was a berry,and swallowed it. The berry had subsided my burning ache. I heard the sound of a Pokeball releasing another Pokemon. Hopefully, the Pokemon was not untamed like the Quilava.

Instead of a dang attack like I expected, I felt a pair of warm wings around me besides the cotton. Bit by bit, I slowly opened my eyes. My vision was fuzzy, and I blinked again with my third pair of eyelids to get rid of the fuzziness. I saw Emil and Sam towering over me.

Emil-Swablu

I saw Nals being lifted up by Jay, and he put Nals next to me on my lap. I was worried about Nals, he's one of my best friends and is like a brother to me. Nals was shaking with pain, and his eyes were closed. I wrapped my wings around Nals, trying to comfort him. If only I was brave enough, this wouldn't happen. I felt like I was an idiot. I should have protected him. Tears were leaking out of my eyes. I'm an idiot, an idiot who can't even protect her best friends. I saw a flash of red light, and suddenly,Sam was next to me on Jay's lap. Sam looked at me, and nodded. I nodded back to him. Sam wrapped his wings around me and Nals, comforting both me and Nals.

My human, Jay, took out something blue from his bag, and put it near Nals's mouth. The blue item was a Rawst berry. Nals ate the berry, and stopped shaking in pain. Nals had stirred, and his eyes opened.

"Hey guys, Sammy and Emi, are ya guys alright?" Nals spoke with a raspy voice, and he coughed.

"N-nals, are you alright!? P-please don't worry about me", I spoke with a voice full of worry.

Sam told Nals,"Do not fret about me. You should be worrying about your own health Nalafari. After all, you had gotten yourself debilitated."

Samuel-Pidgey

As I was released from my Pokeball by my trainer, James, I saw Emil hugging an exhausted, quivering Nalafari. Emil's eyes were brimming with tears. Emil looked at me, and I nodded to her. Emil had nodded back to me.I put my wings around Emil and Nalafari to sooth them. James had given a Rawst berry to Nalafari to relieve Nalafari from his burns. Nalafari had stopped trembling, and he slowly opened his eyes.

"Hey guys, Sammy and Emi, are ya guys alright?" rasped Nalafari before he coughed. I knew that Nalafari would care about me, and I also cared about him too since he is a friend of mine. As much of a jerk Nalafari could be, he is still very loyal to his closest friends who were me,Emil, and James. Sometimes, I would wonder how I had gotten myself to become friends with him.

"N-Nals, are you alright!? P-please don't worry about me",chirped Emil.

"Do not fret about me. You should be worrying about your own health Nalafari. After all, you had gotten yourself debilitated", I told Nalafari with apprehension for Nalafari within my tone of voice.

James "Jay" Rybak

I lifted up Nalafari from the ground to set the shivering Pokemon onto my lap. I released Samuel out of his Pokeball when the coast is clear and seemed to be safe, and put him on my lap to keep him secure from the Quilava. I gave Nalafari a Rawst berry to relieve him from his burns. Emil and Samuel were cuddling around Nalafari with anxiousness for him. I decided to not disturb them.

The professor had reordered my group's food. I thanked the professor for reordering my dish, even though I had finished my meal before the fight caused the table to fly off. I asked a waiter if I could use a plastic container to save my food for my next meal. The waiter walked off to the kitchen, and then came back with a white container with a plastic cover. I thanked the waiter as I place my reordered salad into the container. I set the container inside my messenger bag.

"Look! Eggy has a crack in his shell! It means he's gonna hatch soon! I can't wait for him to hatch! I wonder what kind of pokemon he'll be! A Psyduck, Bulbasaur, or even Piplup! It will be cool to find that out", said Orange.

I was fascinated that the egg was beginning hatch. I took out my notebook, and began to write information as if I was writing down a lab report, and I had drawn the egg onto my notebook as I observed the egg. I had always loved the biology of Pokemon from the ecology to ornithology. The fact that I love art was an added bonus. I was doing two of my favorite things,drawing and observing the biology of Pokemon.

Greetings. We have yet toformally meet. I heard something within my mind. I turned to the direction of the speaker to discover it was Tetra, the Gardevoir, who may have telepathically spoken to me.I felt concerned about the security of my mind, and how I sound like to the Gardevoir. What if my deepest darkest thoughts could be found out by Tetra?What if the Gardevoir finds out about my secrets? What if I sound too impolite or too introverted? Okay, I'll try to talk to the Gardevoir in order to get my nervous tensions over with. I breathed in…and out…inhale….and exhale… Hopefully, nothing bad will occur.

"H-hello Tetra. M-my full name is James Preston Rybak. My most common nickname is Jay.I-I apologize if I did not formally greet you during my trip to Oak Town," I managed to squeeze out those words with stuttering. I took in a deep breath. That went well; perhaps I should try starting a conversation about some topics I prefer. I've never been good at creating conversations in a group due to people would talk before I had a chance. I was usually the "third wheel", the listener. But with a one on one conversation, I felt safer than a group conversation. I have a chance to speak in a one on one conversation.With a bit of luck, I hoped no one would interrupt my conversation with the Gardevoir.

Last edited:

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Tetra

Greetings James. As you most likely know by now, I an Tetra. I say. I notice that James is slightly concerned about my speaking to him telepathically.

There is no need to fear. I will not invade your private thoughts willingly. I say to James. I see that you are an artist. I love art. Personally, I find that charcoal is a great tool. I say, noticing his drawing of the egg.

I finish my salad, and push the plate slightly off to the side. I stand up, and bring my chair closer to Jay's. I look down to see that her three birds are chattering amongst themselves. I give an oran berry to the Starly.

I am sorry that I allowed that Quilava to attack you. I hope that we can become friends. I say to him, but allowing all three of the birds to hear me.

Back