• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Pointblank

#YOLO
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
(OOC: Hope I'm doing this right!)

Matthias Bowman

Matthias gave Oak Town a long look as his feet transferred from the boat he was on, to the solid land the Harbour reached from. Matthias felt a slight breeze coming off the ocean, which contributed to a perfect temperature for Matthias. Matthias looked upon the small municipality, and saw an assortment of privately owned shops, providing enough services to supply the island. Despite being a small town, Oak Town looked very modernized. Matthias walked into Oak town, while carrying a black leather suitcase. Matthias noticed, much like Hoenn, he had to look down to see everyone else. Matthias arrived on the main street of Oak town, and began to look for somewhere to get something to eat. It took Matthias a while to realize he was standing right in front of a cafe, so the now surprised Matthias walked inside the quaint cafe and sat down at a table. Within seconds, a short, stout blonde waitress came to Matthias' table.

" Hello, welcome to the Port Cafe (no fancy e thing at the end) I am your Waitress Clara, how may I help you," the waitress, apparently named Clara, a name Matthias thought didn't suit the waitress, asked Matthias politely.

" I'll have a black coffee and a BLT sandwich please," Matthias replied with an assurance that his choice there would affect him forever.

" Sure thing," Clara replied.

Clara walked away behind the counter, and Matthias waited patiently.

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
(Heck yeah! New format!)
Orange Henry
(Atop the Volcano)
"Well, now that that epidemic is over, let's get a move on to the academy, shall we? Now let's gt all of our things," I say, picking up my backpack. I look for my egg, but it doesn't appear to be anywhere close. I look behind a rock to see a broken shell. "Holy cow! Where is Eggy? The pokemon inside of the shell is gone! Oh Prof. Elm is gonna kill me! Oh man!" I say, looking around in every possible spot. I see footprints leading down the mountain. "Hey! Guys! I've found some footprints! Maybe they lead to my pokemon!" I yell, following the footprints.

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
James "Jay" Rybak
"Dude! Why in the world would you think that I would judge you on some mental illness, it doesn't matter! And... Err.. Sorry for hugging you... I get really emotional, like if someone I know dies, I go insane. I'll probably not talk for a while. And don't talk about stuff that makes you sad, that's the kind of thing you want to avoid if you want to recover", said Orange.

I took a puff of relief after Orange's words. I felt more confident. At least Orange would most likely not judge me. I felt happy that another person won't judge me about my depression. I smiled and told Orange,"Thank you for not judging me."

Orange spoke again, "And by the way, I don't read medical books for no reason, I know that you aren't stupid. I don't stereotype people."

Orange reads medical books? I find surprising that such a young preteen would bother to read medical books. Not many children his age would read medical books. However, I still doubt if Orange had actually read medical books. Well, I have no objections since I read biology books when I was a young child. Perhaps I'll ask him about this information later to test if he did honestly tell me he does read medical books.

Wait a minute….something is not right here. I observed my surroundings. My bird Pokemon were near me on the ground. I could see Orange and his Bonsly, and Tetra, the Gardevoir. The surrounding area was rocky and had several trees. I suddenly realized what is missing. Ethan and his Quilava had disappeared. Maybe they left while I was in my panic attack. Never the less, I tried to focus on the current situation.

"Well, now that that epidemic is over, let's get a move on to the academy, shall we? Now let's get all of our things," Orange told me as he picked up his backpack.

I snapped out of my thoughts, and grabbed my messenger bag. I whistled to Emil, Samuel, and Nalafari to beck to my call. Very soon, Nalafari was perched atop my head. Next, Emil and Samuel had landed on my shoulders. I felt glad that I've met my Pokemon when I was younger. I considered them being my best Pokemon friends, although sometimes they act like my deceased friends at a glimpse. I tried to ignoring the nagging thoughts in the back of my head of what happened to my deceased friends. I felt myself starting to feel depressed again, and I bit my lower lip to ignore those thoughts.

Once again, thankfully, I had been snapped out of my thoughts when Orange said,"Holy cow! Where is Eggy? The pokemon inside of the shell is gone! Oh Prof. Elm is gonna kill me! Oh man!"

I noticed the "crumbs" of a broken egg shell. Orange was wandering around the area of this mountain, most likely searching for the Pokemon that had hatched out of the egg. I followed Orange as he wandered around this gravelly mountain. Orange and I spotted footprints on the ground as we wandered about on the mountain.

Orange shouted, "Hey! Guys! I've found some footprints! Maybe they lead to my Pokemon!"

Nalafari-Starly

I was glad that Jay was treated from that awful condition. At least those humans back at that pharmacy didn't catch me. I hope those humans won't mind that I broke a window at that store to get the frick out of the fricken, small pharmacy. Heck, I can't wait 'til I get of this mountain. I am already overcoming with boredom. I just want to get to that human academy to relax, and besides, it's already getting late.

"Shhhheeeetttt!"

That was just Jay's whistle for me, Emil, and Sam to return to him. I flew to the top of my trainer's head, while Emil and Sam landed on Jay's shoulders. I relaxed my muscles a bit, and opened my beak to yawn. Maybe I'll take a nap, I'm so dang tired from that flight. I tucked my head under my wing, and tried to sleep. Very soon, the next thing I saw was the warm blanket of darkness as my vision blurred and my eyes closed.

Last edited:

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante Redson --- Location-Heading toward Oak Town

Dante continued walking toward Oak Town when he noticed that the Murkrow that he saw flying earlier started to follow him. Wit that, Dante started pick up the speed to a slight jog and then looked back. The Murkrow was still following him and much to Dante's annoyance, he turned his head to Rufflet.

"Rufflet, I have a feeling that this Murkrow", Dante said to Rufflet. "Now go and use Quick Attack on Murkrow."

Rufflet jumped off of Dante's shoulder and flew at Murkrow at extreme speeds. Murkrow was caught off-guard when Rufflet came straight at him. But, however Murkrow countered with a Haze attack covering the area with a haze to which caused Rufflet to miss.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Lucas McQuire - Acadamy Registration Offices - Forest Entrance

Lucas entered the registration offices, walked up to the front counter. He peers over the counter to find out that there was a sign up saying 'Out For Lunch - Back in 1 hour'. Lucas sighed and walked back outside. 'Well guys what do you want to do? We could go back into the Forest we were in earlier to see if we can find any more Pokemon? We can also find your family Heracross!' Heracross cheered as Lucas seen how happy it was. The trio made their way back to the forest.

Hours later, they find themselves at the entrance of the forest. Lucas smiles. 'Let's see what we can find guys. He pulls his goggles over his eyes as he walks into the forest. Aipom looks over towards a certain part of the forest. Beginning to freak out Aipom points at the direction it was looking. Lucas looks over too. 'W-w-what is that?' Lucas begins to shake with fear, as there was a moving purplish blue flame, with a upset crying noise echoing through the woodland. 'I-i-is that a ghost?' Lucas began stepping back. 'G-g-guys...maybe this wasn't the best idea.. Let's go back to town...' Aipom nodded as it hopped on Lucas's shoulders as Heracross flew into the forest chasing after the flame. 'HERACROSS! Get back here!' the trainer and his purple monkey companion raced in after Heracross into face what could be something quite horrifying.

Years
Kayla looked down at Holly, who was shaking. "Hey, just calm down," Kayla said. "Don't have a panic attack." Holly nodded and pet Daisy on her head. The Deerling licked the girl's hand. Kayla looked around and frowned. "Well, this journey was a bust..." Holly blinked. What journey? We just wandered around the academy like a couple of idiots... Kayla sighed and picked up Jasmine. The Tepig snorted. "Why can't Rosemary be here? I don't want to be cuddled!" Daisy giggled. Kayla frowned. "I hope our pokemon are okay..."

Rosemary ran away, still crying. Primrose frowned and tripped, dropping Lumina. The Litwick woke up and started to cry. Molly sighed and picked up the baby with Psychic. Yuri chased after Rosemary, not noticing the Heracross running into the forest. Rosemary hopped over the bug's head, but Yuri ran into it. She shook her head and looked up, bowing apologetically.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Tetra

As Jay recovers, I stand. Suddenly, Orange starts freaking out, as Eggy is gone. I realize what the seriousness of the current situation is to Orange, and at once tune my highly developed brain to the nearby organisms. I at once notice a young Cubone, huddling under a bush. He is scared, so much so that it rubs off on me. I walk up to it, crouching down next to its bush.

There there, little one. You have no reason to fear me, I am here to comfort you. I say. I hear a soft coo from within the bush, and some sniffling. I reach in to pick it up, and feel its warm body scooting away from my hands. I mentally sing a soothing lullaby, one that I had heard from Master Yew from a young age. The cubone eventually comes into my arms, and I pick it up, cuddling it. I stroke its head, or at least the skull perched atop its head. I gently rock it, still singing, until it falls asleep.

Oranfge, I do believe that I have found your 'eggy' I say, walking over to him. I smile in his direction, and hand the sleeping Cubone to him. I then take a few steps bavck, nodding to Jay.

I apologize, but I must be going now. Perhaps we shall meet again someday! I say. I curtsy, turn, and begin running back to Master Yew, who I mentally mark. He is walking out of the city, although slower than usual. I come up to the path between the Academy and Oak Town, and I spy Master Yew, who is carrying a few boxes. I sprint over to him, and quickly take the two largest ones, beaming. Master Yew smiles, and nods in my direction.

"Glad to see you, Tetra." Master Yew says. I nod in agreement, blushing slightly.

It is good to see you too, Master Yew. I say as we aproach the Academy.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn smiles once again, seeking that Kiki is back to her hyperactive self. "If only I could be that care-free..." he thought to himself. As he looked around, however, he seemed to notice that Yuki had gone missing. He was concerned, but decided to not let it show. Besides, she'll probably show up again...At least, he hoped so...

Shawn looked to Catches, almost not seeing him next to Kiki, and smiled, seeing his impatience. "Don't worry, you two. Andy is doing better. He's awake now. Come and see!" he said, grabbing Kiki's hand. He led them both to his room. He opened the door and casually waved as he allowed the girl and pokemon to enter. "How you doin?" he asked Andy from the hallway.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Orange Henry
(Totally Happy!)
Tetra hands me a sleeping Cubone, quite a cute at that. I whisper, "Thanks, Tetra. I owe you more than just one." Tetra says she's going to go back to Mr. Yew, and I say goodbye. I walk over to Jay and ask, "Well, she's not really Eggy anymore. What should we name her? Something that suits her. I trust you because of all the crazy adventures we've had these past few hours. What do you think we should name her?" I then take out a pokeball, and put her in it. I then get out my sharpie and some tape to label the pokeball, and ask again, "What's a suitable name for a female Cubone?"

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
BAG
Spoiler:
TYLER SMITH

Pokémon:
155.png

Healthy

Held Item(s):
xtransceiver.png

Chapter One:
Welcoming PTA's New Groomer, Ty!

Part Two

Ty rather quietly stepped into the line for lunch, acknowledging the lunch lady with a simple nod, then examining the assortment of foods. Quite a selection! Ty skipped the turkey and instead went for the ham, being modest about how much he'd take; even if they do have tons of food, it's still nice to pick modest amounts. He went to various other things, some festive, like stuffing, some not, like ramen noodles and pizza. He concluded his meal with a roll and a slice of pumpkin pie, and a few other bits of food picked out by Hono. With his full tray, he thanked the woman behind the counter and headed over to an empty table to take a seat.

Perhaps loner mentality had become a subconscious aspect of his decision-making? Who knew; He chose not to pay any attention to it and placed his tray on the table. He began eating his ham, taking bites and giving pieces to his Cyndaquil. Hono seemed to really enjoy it too. "Want a bath when he head back to our room Hono?" Hono replied with a small head nod.

Fixed Float!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Lucas McGuire - Forest

Heracross flew its way through the Forest until it noticed a Skitty jumping over it's head. The beetle stops and watches the cat run away crying. Suddenly, something bumped into Heracross. Heracross not realising what it was turns around and faces what seemed to be a Lillipup apologising. He scratched his head. Unsure of what to do, Heracross walked over and began petting the pup. 'Heracross! Where are you?' Heracross heard as a familiar voice echoed those words through the woods behind it. Lucas and Aipom jumped came through the same clearing where Heracross and the Lillipup was. 'Oh, Heracross, what's up with this Lillipup?' Heracross turned it's head and faced it as Aipom got closer to the pup.

'You didn't have to apologise, Lillipup. I should say sorry to you. Also are you lost?' asked Heracross. Aipom hyperly butted in, 'So, So, So, what's up? Where you the ghost? What was that flame? And where is the crying gone?'.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Kiki

Kiki grinned happily at this, waving her arms emphatically. This of course caused Birdy to take off and fly overhead, chattering angrily. Her friend was ok! He was gnna live! She hugged first Catches then Shawn happily, grinning brightly, not even batting an eye when Shawn grabbed her hand.

"Yeah! Let's go see him now! Birdy Return!" she said, pointing her ball into the air and activating it, sucking the starly in a flasy of red light. She pranced along behind Shawn, since it wasn't skipping exactly, and grinned as she spotted him, waving and hugging him happily.

"Andy! You're ok!" she said, sounding happy and relieved.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Nemo "Ace" Dannan
The Cafeteria

The rainbow of berries prepared in the cafeteria almost made Nemo's eyes hurt, as she erred over which to take. The choice was never so varied in Pyrite, but they were good enough for anyone that wanted them; there was the occasional shipment that came in with new boxes of berries, but they were always taken before anybody could actually sell some. She sends a glance to Cassie, who gives her a similar befuddled look in return, and sighs as she pulls out her P★DA.

The sleek grey device was a departing gift from her father, upgraded with the best software they could afford for it, but it wasn't too different from her old, bulkier one left back in Orre. She pulled up sections of programs across the scene with a soft touch, as if she were pulling bubbles across water, until she finally found what she was looking for; some berries fit for her, and the rest for her Pokemon, all of which she stuffed into her empty berry pouch to feed them throughout the day.

As Nemo tossed one of the berries into her Absol's open maw, she turned her gaze across the room in search of a good spot to sit; somewhere alone would be good, until she could find somebody to practice or explore the island with. Then, her eyes settled on a lone young man who was talking to his...she didn't remember the name, but a quick flash of her P★DA reminded her that it was a Cyndaquil.

Loners were always good people to embrace, she'd learned back in Orre; they would always be more grateful for contact and could make good allies, else they'd be aggressive and be worth a battle. Besides, it would be easier to get to know somebody by themselves than having to grab the attention of an entire group. The fact that he seemed to be older than her didn't much matter, in Nemo's mind; most of the people in the gang were.

The tall teenager strolled across the cafeteria with Cassie padding along beside her, until she came to the opposite side of the young man's table and gave a brief greeting smile to the young man, as she tucked away her unique Orrean device. "Hey." The fifteen year-old greeted with a thick accent, as she hopped over the edge of the seat and the thick-furred Absol sat down beside her. "I'm Ace. You busy?"

Straight to the point, as things were done back in Pyrite, but Nemo waited patiently for the young man's response,

Years
Yuri nodded and looked in the direction that Rosemary had gone. "We're lost... We knew where we were going, but that Skitty you saw run off got us lost..." She looked at Primrose. "Go after her! We don't need her to get lost even more!" She turned back to the Heracross. "What? Oh, that must have been Lumina." Lumina yawned at the mention of her name. Molly set her down and smiled as the Litwick walked over to Heracross and gave him a hug. "Hi there, mister!" she said. Primrose watched them, but ran away when she saw Yuri glaring at her. "Okay, okay, I'm going!" Yuri looked up at the Heracross. "Do you know how to get out of here? I bet our trainers must be worried..."

Rosemary ran away, still crying. She stopped running when she ran into a tree. "Oh great... Yuri's going to kill me! I shouldn't have gotten myself lost! I am going to be in so much trouble... And what about Kayla? She's probably worried sick! I can't believe this!" She paced around nervously. "Isn't the best thing to do run away and get help? Or are you supposed to stay where you are?" she asked herself. After a moment of deciding, the kitten sat down and licked her paw impatiently. "Someone will find me..." she muttered as she groomed herself.

Kayla looked down at Holly. "Do you think we should go look for our pokemon? They should have been back by now! Why would you let them go into that forest of death?! Have you lost your mind? If our pokemon die out there, I'm holding you responsible!" Holly frowned. "It's going to be okay, Kayla. Just calm down and take deep breaths." She waited for her cousin to start breathing before she continued. "If they got into any trouble out there, Molly would have come back by now. They're fine." Kayla nodded. I hope they're fine...

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
James "Jay" Rybak
Tetra had discovered a brown object with the skull of a Pokemon, from a bush. Out of curiosity, I stepped closer to observe the object held by the Gardevoir's green arms. The object was a young Cubone with a head topped by a Pokemon skull. The Cubone looked so delicate as if it was a newborn babe. I could spy the young Cubone's eyes closed through the eyeholes of the skull.
The Cubone appeared to be serene within a slumber.

The Gardevoir smiled at the direction of Orange's direction, and past the dozy Cubone to him. Orange had whispered something that I was unable to hear, to Tetra. Tetra took a few steps backwards from Orange after she had given Orange the Cubone. Tetra nodded at me, and I nodded back, understanding her.

Tetra's telepathic voice echoed through my mind,"I apologize, but I must be going now. Perhaps we shall meet again someday!"

"Farewell Tetra! Thank you for the assistance for the journey that we went through today. May I wish you a positive life onwards!" exclaimed with a smile, and a hint of sadness for Tetra's departure. Tetra bowed, turned around, and ran off into the horizon.

"Well, she's not really Eggy anymore. What should we name her? Something that suits her. I trust you because of all the crazy adventures we've had these past few hours. What do you think we should name her?"Orange walked towards me and asked,"What's a suitable name for a female Cubone?"

I created a brew of thoughts within my mind as I brainstormed suggestions and ideas for the name of the young, female Cubone. Marrow would be a good name as marrow is part of a bone. Cubone are often associated with bones. However, once the Cubone evolves into a Marowak, the name would sound cliché as it is too similar to Marowak. Maybe Adrienne would work? Wait a minute that would not be right as Adrienne means dark one in another language. The young Cubone is not a dark type. Perhaps another good name would fit. Perhaps something that fits that young newborn Pokemon…hmmm. Another idea popped into my head. If there was a light bulb above my head, it would light up. The name I thought of was not too cliché, yet not too far related to a Cubone. The name I had chosen means a free woman. The young Cubone was free from the confinements of her egg. I had finally made my final decision for the name of the newly hatched Cubone.

"I suggest that a brilliant name for your Cubone would be…,"I caught myself with a breath, smiled, and I spoke the final word or in this case, the name, "Caroline."

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Orange Henry
(Atop the Volcano still)
I smile at Jay, for his suggestion was brilliant. "Caroline," I say, "that's a tremendous name! I hope she likes it once she wakes up." I scribble the name on the pokeball and put it in my bag. "And just to let you know, I do label my pokeballs, cause I usually forget who's in what pokeball. Once, when I was doing a rental battle at an event in Newbark Town, I sent out the wrong pokemon by accident. It was embarassing, so from then on I've labeled my pokeballs." I announce, "After a long day of randomness and excitement, you wanna go down to the academy? Oh, and I forgot to ask, what dorm are you in? I'm in Raioku." I begin to walk on the path down the mountain.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Lucas McGuire - Forest

Heracross nodded. 'Yes, I know my way around this forest pretty well, I was born and raised here! Until a few hours ago when, my new trainer Lucas saved me from a Scyther attack! So do help getting outta here?' Aipom began jigging. 'Oh, oh of course, I'll be happy to help! Lucas will be too! And where's your trainer?' Lucas sits down and observes the Pokemon continue their conversation.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
BAG
Spoiler:
TYLER SMITH

Pokémon:
155.png

Healthy

Held Item(s):
xtransceiver.png

Chapter One:
Welcoming PTA's New Groomer, Ty!

Part Three

It didn't take long for some girl (with an accent that told him she wasn't from anywhere near his region) approached, quickly taking a seat at the same table. "I'm Ace. You busy?" Ty shook his head in response. The girl sat there, and an Absol followed her to the seat.

"Interesting Pokemon," he commented with interest. "Oh, and my name is Ty... This Cyndaquil is Hono." He paused from eating and gave another glance to the Absol. "You want a grooming?"

Fixed Float!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Location
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valorie watched Mark as if searching for an answer for something. It only took her a moment to stop this as she came to an answer to his question though. "Alright, Sure..!" she said, only slightly eager. As if she'd ever turn down a battle! She reached into her satchel to search for a particular pokeball when human arms wrapped themselves around her thigh. A blush sprung to her cheeks immediately and she stopped what she was doing and glanced over her shoulder to find... a dwarf boy. It took her several long moments to go through the motions of figuring out this was not in fact an extremely affectionate stranger but Kiyoko, perhaps not understanding the implications of wrapping himself around the leg of a girl wearing a short skirt. Valorie honetly had to do a double take to remind herself that Kiyoko was a pokemon, and that this made things entirely different! She just sort of reached down topat Kiyoko's head in a somewhat affectionate manner.

By the time she had gotten over the initial shock of having a dwarf embrace her leg another shock had come to her attention--She was standing in front of herself, and the other her was mocking her! Valorie's expression just sort of went blank for a moment as she tried to figure out what in the blazes was going on here! It didn't take her long to figure out that this was Mistress.... Valorie's expression just sort of tensed, her cheeks bulging outwards slightly in an irritated manner as she gave a sort of semi-glare at Mistress, especially after being accused of loving Mark. What did she know anyway? Valorie balled her fists all tough-like and just sort of acted indignant towards the teasing, crossing her arms after Kilik put Mistress away as if to dare those around her to come tease her. I'll--! Um... I'll do something bad! I swear!

Valorie jammed her hand back into her satchel and yanked out a pokeball, thoroughly frustrated now. She was looking forward to this. She tossed the ball out and... Flygon emerged. The female dragon type pokemon seemed to stretch and yawn, turning her attention down at Valorie and flashing her fangs in a non-threatning manner. Valorie glanced up at the larger pokemon before turning her attention to Mark. "Ready when you are." she said, slightly impatient, but otherwise trying to ignore the part of her that just wanted to hide her face somewhere.

Back