• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2010
how to run game? I patch ruby us whit ips file and when i put in emulator that its analyzing and unpacking something and than nothing isnt hapening. help me. :)

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I have the same problem. I believe someone said I need the Ruby ROM with MUGS intro, but it's impossible to find...
Is there any way to make this patch compatible with a normal Ruby? For instance, is there a patch on PC that will put the MUGS intro into my Ruby ROM? Because seriously, this looks amazing, and I really don't want to miss out...

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I have the same problem. I believe someone said I need the Ruby ROM with MUGS intro, but it's impossible to find...
Is there any way to make this patch compatible with a normal Ruby? For instance, is there a patch on PC that will put the MUGS intro into my Ruby ROM? Because seriously, this looks amazing, and I really don't want to miss out...
You don't need Mugs Ruby!
Just press a after the Day & Night has unpacked the stuff.
If it doesn't work, try another ROM.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I am thinking of extending the beta a little bit to the 6th or 7th gym. So that probably means the new beta's gonna be delayed...
I am just wondering if it's okay with you guys?

Anyways, in the field of updates, still scripting all those minor things during my little free time. :)

Also, I need a castle interior tiles for the Leon Empire Castle. If anyone has a tileset, can you share it with me? :P

---oOo---​

Let my thread invasion resume.xD
Beta 3 sounds interesting so far.
And those tiles on the mountain, Are they stairs?
Looking good, I Hope to see you regain your interest in hacking.

yah, those are the new stairs. I changed them 'cause I don't find stairs to be natural in climbing up/down from mountains. :\
and, yah, I regained interested a bit, which is enough to make some progress. :)
thanks~

yes it back thanks for new updates jagold

np~ ;)

... now that LoG is back, will we use sprites mainly the HG/SS ones?

LoG's back? the hack wasn't paused or stopped, ya know. I made some progress during the thread was closed.
So I guess the proper term for this is, the thread of LoG's back. :D
sprites from HG/SS? The trainers or the PKMN sprites? :\

Your Game are The Greatest
I waiting for the Next Beta

thanks~

how to run game? I patch ruby us whit ips file and when i put in emulator that its analyzing and unpacking something and than nothing isnt hapening. help me. :)

after it unpacks, just click 'Z'(if Z's your 'A' button).

no. with or without the MUGS intro, it should work fine.
As H20 stated, just press the 'A' button.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
I am thinking of extending the beta a little bit to the 6th or 7th gym. So that probably means the new beta's gonna be delayed...
I am just wondering if it's okay with you guys?

Anyways, in the field of updates, still scripting all those minor things during my little free time. :)

Also, I need a castle interior tiles for the Leon Empire Castle. If anyone has a tileset, can you share it with me? :P

---oOo---​

yah, those are the new stairs. I changed them 'cause I don't find stairs to be natural in climbing up/down from mountains. :\
and, yah, I regained interested a bit, which is enough to make some progress. :)
thanks~
I Agree with those stairs, It seemed unnatural seeing stairs on a mountain. :\
Thats nice to see you regaining interest, and its nice to extend the beta 3, More content is nice.

Years
I think it's okay that you're extending the beta to the 6th/7th gym, I'd like to play more of the game. The Leon Empire is where the empire knights will be right? Well have a good day, peace out!

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Your hacks are pretty good ,but my question is :is reign of legends a finished hack now ? Sorry for the stupid question

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
You don't need Mugs Ruby!
Just press a after the Day & Night has unpacked the stuff.
If it doesn't work, try another ROM.
Didn't work, but I've tried loading up the clean rom and I think I know what the problem is, something about the internal clock battery? I don't think it runs properly with VBA, could that be affecting the day/night system? If so, how do I fix it? Anyway, I"m asking this because this hack looks awesome, and I also really wanted to play Rescue Rangers, but I have the same problem.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I Agree with those stairs, It seemed unnatural seeing stairs on a mountain. :\
Thats nice to see you regaining interest, and its nice to extend the beta 3, More content is nice.

yeah... :P
I see. Thanks. :)

I think it's okay that you're extending the beta to the 6th/7th gym, I'd like to play more of the game. The Leon Empire is where the empire knights will be right? Well have a good day, peace out!

Thanks.
And yes, the Leon Empire's the place where the Empire Knights are. ;)

Your hacks are pretty good ,but my question is :is reign of legends a finished hack now ? Sorry for the stupid question

Yeah, although it has a lot of glitches, it's done. :\

Didn't work, but I've tried loading up the clean rom and I think I know what the problem is, something about the internal clock battery? I don't think it runs properly with VBA, could that be affecting the day/night system? If so, how do I fix it? Anyway, I"m asking this because this hack looks awesome, and I also really wanted to play Rescue Rangers, but I have the same problem.

=3

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Well, you're back, djg.
When I play your game, Hero must back to the previous places many times. And I think it's not good. :\
Anyway, Good luck with your hack. :D
(Sorry about my English =.=)

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Well that was bloody unhelpful. Seriously though, this is a problem I've had with every single one of your games. Does anyone know if it's related to the internal clock battery? Do I need to find a new ROM?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Wow, it's back? Awesome.
Anyways, if Ryan and Kevin have Gary and Gold Sprites, then why don't you make their
OWs the same manner aswell? Just a suggestion, I guess.

Well, you're back, djg.
When I play your game, Hero must back to the previous places many times. And I think it's not good. :\

Actually, Sky, it's good because it would be different than other Hacks.

Well that was bloody unhelpful. Seriously though, this is a problem I've had with every single one of your games. Does anyone know if it's related to the internal clock battery? Do I need to find a new ROM?

I'll answer your question.
No, it's non-related to the Internal Clock Battery.

And what problem do you have?

Mind posting a few screens so that I can answer it?

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Ok...You Can't play it.
So what do you see on VBA?
If it would have anything to do with the internal clock it would be you don't have it set to real time clock.
I Don't really understand your problem though?

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Okay, so here's the problem. When I start the game, this happens:
1. The day/night system unpacks, okay, that's fine.
2. The entire screen goes black (so no use posting screenies, I'm afraid) and refuses to respond to input.
Anyone know what the problem is? I'm dying to play this hack, it looks absolutely amazing. Kudos to you destinedjagold!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
How far does this hack actually take since you "planned" to include elite four in it too ?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Well, you're back, djg.

Sorry about that. Yeah, the PLAYER does go back and forth towards far places. I did that on purpose, since I was inspired to do so from the Digimon World 3 game. ;)
And don't worry about your English. =3

The reply I gave you was actually a link towards a thread on how to fix the internal clock thingy.

Okay, so here's the problem. When I start the game, this happens:
1. The day/night system unpacks, okay, that's fine.
2. The entire screen goes black (so no use posting screenies, I'm afraid) and refuses to respond to input.
Anyone know what the problem is? I'm dying to play this hack, it looks absolutely amazing. Kudos to you destinedjagold!

Maybe your Ruby ROM isn't compatible with the patch, maybe?
Try downloading a new Ruby ROM from other sites.
As far as I know, there are three different types of Ruby ROMs out there.
1 is the MUG-less intro Ruby ROM. Second is the ordinary MUGS Ruby ROM and the third is the MUGS intro Ruby ROM that works with Explorers of the Sky, which is 12345's hack. :\

How far does this hack actually take since you "planned" to include elite four in it too ?

Patience is a virtue. Do keep in mind that us ROM hackers also has real lives to deal with. =3

Wow, it's back? Awesome.
Anyways, if Ryan and Kevin have Gary and Gold Sprites, then why don't you make their
OWs the same manner aswell? Just a suggestion, I guess.

They already have their respective OW's. =3
2qbds9g.jpg
2q8zehs.jpg

Last edited:

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years

LoG's back? the hack wasn't paused or stopped, ya know. I made some progress during the thread was closed.
So I guess the proper term for this is, the thread of LoG's back. :D
sprites from HG/SS? The trainers or the PKMN sprites? :\

I think so :D
both of them, trainers and PKMN... are we gonna use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back