• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Touhoumon: Another World Remix

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Huzzah! Wonder! Magic! But most of all

*UPDATE*

...Well, that may be hyping this up way too much considering what's actually changed...*Cough*...Anyways.

As always, the latest version, complete with changelog and patcher, is in the OP. For this release I packaged the smaller, nicer NUPS in Tsukuyomi's stead.

What's new in this one? Many many 1.8 sprites, many dex entries, and- well, it's better to try it out and see (or read the changelog). I fixed the Akyuu text glitch and when you get back to Kanto...strange things will happen. So for now until V3.5, I'll say that this hack goes up until the end of the first Gensokyo portion. I'd imagine 3.5'll be released somewhere between tonight and Saturday.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
I just noticed something by starting over a few times, the music bug where the music just stops playing, in battle or OW.. it only happens in the beginning untill I reach the scarlet mansion after which I no longer have the problem. After the bug didn't happen anymore I just kinda forgot about it, but you might have noticed this already xD.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
Sorry If Im bothering you with my many posts/suggestions/etc. However I have another small suggestion regarding the Marisa fight. If you lose to her it would be really nice If you'd end up in Alices house instead of the pokecenter, the walk from the pokecenter to Marisa really gets annoying after you've been beaten a few times.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Sorry If Im bothering you with my many posts/suggestions/etc. However I have another small suggestion regarding the Marisa fight. If you lose to her it would be really nice If you'd end up in Alices house instead of the pokecenter, the walk from the pokecenter to Marisa really gets annoying after you've been beaten a few times.
You're not bothering me at all.

I actually think that's a pretty good idea, and I'll go for it. Question, though: have you fought the revised Marisa? How is she?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
You're not bothering me at all.

I actually think that's a pretty good idea, and I'll go for it. Question, though: have you fought the revised Marisa? How is she?

She seems a lot better now, but that might be because I got a zReimu at the moment so I'm not really sure how much she has changed really, sorry about that ^^''.
Right now I'm almost at shion town again and got a full party around lvl 45-55.

I also do have to say, the transition between gensokyo to kanto became a lot easier, but I really miss the story part of that Yukari brought you there in the first place and the cut-scene when you return home. It would be better for me if Yukari became a NPC in that town (forgot the name) and maybe pops up after you examine the relic then continue from where Yukari would have send you after you normally would have beaten reimu. Or if you really want to remove the pure black area, you can make her teleport you just before entering the town so that it triggers the cutscene. When I used the relic and went to the area you would normally come from it directly triggered the cut-scene so I think it would be a lot nicer.

PS I'm loving the updated sprites :)

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
She seems a lot better now, but that might be because I got a zReimu at the moment so I'm not really sure how much she has changed really, sorry about that ^^''.
Right now I'm almost at shion town again and got a full party around lvl 45-55.

I also do have to say, the transition between gensokyo to kanto became a lot easier, but I really miss the story part of that Yukari brought you there in the first place and the cut-scene when you return home. It would be better for me if Yukari became a NPC in that town (forgot the name) and maybe pops up after you examine the relic then continue from where Yukari would have send you after you normally would have beaten reimu. Or if you really want to remove the pure black area, you can make her teleport just before entering the town so that it triggers the cutscene. When I used the relic and went to the area you would normally come from it directly triggered the cut-scene so I think it would be a lot nicer.

PS I'm loving the updated sprites :)
Thanks for the feedback!

The "Homecoming" scene's gonna be revised so that it works when you come downstairs and your mom says slightly different things, that'll be in the next patch. As for Yukari, this part also works as a bit of direction. The only way to get back to Gensokyo is to go through the Gap Zone, which you can't do until you get cut. This'll kind of clue the player in to the idea that they need to progress in Kanto until they get said HM.

As for Yukari, don't worry, I have plans for her.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
Thanks for the feedback!

The "Homecoming" scene's gonna be revised so that it works when you come downstairs and your mom says slightly different things, that'll be in the next patch. As for Yukari, this part also works as a bit of direction. The only way to get back to Gensokyo is to go through the Gap Zone, which you can't do until you get cut. This'll kind of clue the player in to the idea that they need to progress in Kanto until they get said HM.

As for Yukari, don't worry, I have plans for her.

Alright, looking forward to the updates :)

Also that isn't the only way is it? You can enter gensokyo in sion town as well, or has this changed?.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Alright, looking forward to the updates :)

Also that isn't the only way is it? You can enter gensokyo in sion town as well, or has this changed?.
Nah, that's the same since it just takes you to Hakugyokurou- that much is fine with me since it's not until later. As long as they can't just jump back into the Gap Zone right after they get back to Kanto for the first time, it's fine with me.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
Nah, that's the same since it just takes you to Hakugyokurou- that much is fine with me since it's not until later. As long as they can't just jump back into the Gap Zone right after they get back to Kanto for the first time, it's fine with me.

Ah alright.

I'm actually thinking of making a online touhoumon game like how http://www.pokemonlegends.com/ works. If I'd make this game I'd base it off touhoumon another world. Just the biggest problem for me before I get started is that I'd like to have the gensokyo map.
Is there any way you could extract the map and make an image of it (excluding the trainers and other obsticals such as cut able trees or pushable boulders)?
If so then no need to do it right away, I'd just like to know if its possible because this would help me out so much and then maybe I'll start the project around Christmas. :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
hey , thats neat to see that THM:AW still on the road!
I'm looking foward on it , I noticed the post on sanae's website so i came to give my support! you've done some great stuff i cant wait for the final version :3

funny fact: bonéka looks like the portuguese word "boneca" that means doll

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Can you upload the .ips patch with the Physical/Special Split ?
The Phys/Special Split was in the original Version 4, which does have some changes. I was originally going to apply the patch to Vanilla Another World (and I was close to done that much) when I realized that by default, every move is physical. This basically means that I would have to go back through every move again just so that I could change a byte for each. I've done that twice so far, and it's taken hours each time.

So what I can do is post the original Version 4 from way back when I first added the PSS (since that's missing a lot of the changes and fixes I've introduced since then), and if you really, absolutely need the split with the vanilla game, I'll see if I can make time later.

But for now, the .ips I mentioned is in the OP under the "Patching" spoiler. Enjoy!

zerosuguha91

A Doom Desire is corroding me
Years
The Phys/Special Split was in the original Version 4, which does have some changes. I was originally going to apply the patch to Vanilla Another World (and I was close to done that much) when I realized that by default, every move is physical. This basically means that I would have to go back through every move again just so that I could change a byte for each. I've done that twice so far, and it's taken hours each time.

So what I can do is post the original Version 4 from way back when I first added the PSS (since that's missing a lot of the changes and fixes I've introduced since then), and if you really, absolutely need the split with the vanilla game, I'll see if I can make time later.

But for now, the .ips I mentioned is in the OP under the "Patching" spoiler. Enjoy!

Thanks for your quick reply . Do not strain yourself . (My english grammar is too awful D: )

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Now that I think about it, were you planning on editing Boneka cries as well?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Now that I think about it, were you planning on editing Boneka cries as well?
I could, but it wasn't on the bucket list.

There's a lot that I have to do before getting to the small stuff, and Boneka cries in particular I've seen little demand in AW, if any.

And, on a personal note...I can understand why they would be changed, but the thing about cries is that they aren't really all that particular to the characters that the Touhoumon are based off of in 1.8, and can often be pretty arbitrary. Momiji's cry, for example, is a bunch of sticks dropping. What even. And I get that the idea was to make Touhoumon its own entity- that was basically the ideology behind all of 1.8, so unique cries wouldn't remind you of existing Pokemon, but I have to wonder if adding them really have any effect.

Of course, if people actually do want it, I could consider it, but even then there are some hoops in that certain Touhoumon don't exist in 1.8 that do in 1.53 and vice versa.

Years
t7ByNlt.png

Interacting to this guy gave me a Heaven Orb. Subsequent interactions after talking to other people in the room gave me a Great Orb.

hTt0v86.png
RwPBYUZ.png

Edit: After healing in the Pokémon center, interacting with the bar customers and talking to the guy above, I received ??????? which does not appear in the bag. Talking to the guy next to me and interacting with the guy above right after getting ??????? gave me a Heaven orb.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
I liked very much your idea,I tried the alpha version....and i love it :D
the change in the difficulty I did not like much, but it's something good comes easier
and I hope this project reaches far :D
Cheers
P.D:sorry for bad inglish

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
the change in the difficulty I did not like much, but it's something good comes easier
Is there any part that you specifically thought was too easy?

Because I'm not trying to make the game too easy, just more balances, so if there are any complaints with the difficulty, I'd love to hear them. They can only help.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
Is there any part that you specifically thought was too easy?

Because I'm not trying to make the game too easy, just more balances, so if there are any complaints with the difficulty, I'd love to hear them. They can only help.

Well, the first important battles (aya,remilia,primsriver sisters,etc) and gyms in kanto they were easier than before
but now i see you only make the battles more balanced,and i understand that
and thanks for add the exp. for catch bonekas and the use of the hm cut
Continue the great work

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Just some news.

First up, CSanae's a starter again. As is CSakuya. How are both of them starters along with CMarisa and CReimu? Ehuehue, you guy'll just have to do a little poking around in the Shrine when picking your starters.

Also, I've moved the teleport to Kanto from your room straight to the event with your mom. This will lead into a hopefully not-so-wordy event with a mystery character.

Nothing particularly big, though I do plan to get an update out sometime this month. Preferably with the sprite glitch out of the way. I'm at my wits end about that.

Back