• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 351 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.2%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
Awesome hack mate. Just finished it off, loving the difficulty curve. Could you please upload locations for all the special tickets and stuff

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Awesome hack mate. Just finished it off, loving the difficulty curve. Could you please upload locations for all the special tickets and stuff
<3 Thanks a bunch for the praise my man! I've added a spoiler with all the tickets and in the main post. Happy legendary hunting, and enjoy the battle pyramid!

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
#cybercrime_central on the Nuzlocke Forum Discord server got a bunch of good laughs at your Pokedex entries, thank you so much.

The only issue I see in the screenshots is the blue-roofed gym, which looks ugly as hell. Otherwise, this looks pretty neat! I like how you make the grass bridges. Pretty interesting.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Porygon -> Porygon2 @lv22
Porygon2 -> Porygon @lv23

What does this mean exactly? Will Porygon2 keep trying to devolve into Porygon at every level or something?

Yeah what's up with that? Been thinking of using Porygon2 in this hack since its one of my fav pokemon but I don't want it to..."devolve" after one level.

Where can you find Porygon anyway? Not sure if I reached that point yet or passed it by mistake.

luuma

Years
Porygon -> Porygon2 @lv22
Porygon2 -> Porygon @lv23

What does this mean exactly? Will Porygon2 keep trying to devolve into Porygon at every level or something?
Yeah what's up with that? Been thinking of using Porygon2 in this hack since its one of my fav pokemon but I don't want it to..."devolve" after one level.

Where can you find Porygon anyway? Not sure if I reached that point yet or passed it by mistake.

New Mauville basement, 2% odd chance, my absolute fave too, so good taste.

I'm now gonna explain why porygon is the best:
Whenever a species of pokemon levels up while its level is past its evolution level, it evolves.
So when porygon2 "devolves" it only takes a level before it evolves straight back into Porygon2!
Then it does it again each level, switching forms between the two evolutions constantly as you use it.

Because it learns moves from two evolutions, it has one of the biggest movepools in the game!
Each of the two Porygons has the same BST, but Porygon is tanky while Porygon2 is a fast special attacker. Every time you level up, you get to change your playstyle. It's the B E S T.

#cybercrime_central on the Nuzlocke Forum Discord server got a bunch of good laughs at your Pokedex entries, thank you so much.

The only issue I see in the screenshots is the blue-roofed gym, which looks ugly as hell. Otherwise, this looks pretty neat! I like how you make the grass bridges. Pretty interesting.

Gyms have different colour roofs depending on the town, so you won't have to hate it for too long :U Thanks for the critique tho, hope you give it a shot, my guy.
Send that boy cybercrime my thanks! I'm here all week ;)

Last edited:

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
Do you think you have/can make a version without the non-canon changes, at least with the regular type chart? It's rather off-putting for what seems like a really fun hack :(

luuma

Years
Do you think you have/can make a version without the non-canon changes, at least with the regular type chart? It's rather off-putting for what seems like a really fun hack :(

Nah, the re-balancing is by far my favorite part of the hack, and there's not enough new content for it to work without it. Safely reverting the changes would also take ages and make the game worse.
I experimented with a wide variety of different type chart changes, like 7 or so. Most of them got on my nerves, but these two never did. Beating dragon with a poison type feels good as heck! This is a much easier suggestion though so here's a tiny patch that gives you back the regular type chart: https://mega.nz/#!Ux5VVQJS!M95xXJ4nZUU9RZjnNIlf--WAERwdxhfd1GIegAhgvQQ. It's worse, and I wouldn't recommend playing it, but I do aim to please!

If there's any part of the game I flat out to touch, it's the pokemon. They're the best bit!
But heck, if you play it and still want it reverted, I'll definitely consider it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 4, 2024
Hey there man! This hack is awesome (^. ^), I was planning on replaying Pokemon Emerald again, but playing the same exact game got boring. Thanks to this hack I have gotten the motivation to play it again!
It's also cool how refreshing it feels with these changes, keep it up!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 16, 2018
Is here any option of tradeing? I'm asking because my emulator allows me to trade and link battle with friends but in most of the hacks there is no possibility :(

luuma

Years
Hey there man! This hack is awesome (^. ^), I was planning on replaying Pokemon Emerald again, but playing the same exact game got boring. Thanks to this hack I have gotten the motivation to play it again!
It's also cool how refreshing it feels with these changes, keep it up!
C: thanks man

Is here any option of tradeing? I'm asking because my emulator allows me to trade and link battle with friends but in most of the hacks there is no possibility :(
holy heckeroni I had no idea this was possible! That's so awesome. I've written straight over the top of the upstairs of every pokemon centre because I needed the space for Pokemarts but all the scripts are still there, so I will take a look and see whether I can put trading back in somewhere. It'll probably be just the one building in Mauville.

EDIT: It's all done and updated, I put it in slateport cause I had some spare space there. Piotr, if you could playtest that building that'd be fantastic, I've no idea how to!

EDIT 2; I glitched every pokemart in the region by accident, so I'm reverting the patch for now. See you in the morning!

EDIT 3: Trading is officially back in slateport!! That took longer than I hoped...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 16, 2018
Trading is working!! (I'm using My Boy for Android if u want to trade xD)
But there is one problem in leaving the trade rom. Insted of gate to the trading room, there is table lke thing disappering so u are trapped between the gate and lady standing by the door.

Trainer 766

But there is one problem in leaving the trade rom. Insted of gate to the trading room, there is table lke thing disappering so u are trapped between the gate and lady standing by the door.

This is a ROM Hack. If you're gonna do a little trading, you should expect a few bugs.

luuma

Years

THANKS A BUNCH MY GUY! I've squished this bug now.

This is a ROM Hack. If you're gonna do a little trading, you should expect a few bugs.

This is actually my fault! I know what's causing it, I changed the map's dimensions without changing a script that replaces a map tile to make the slidey door "open". Fixed this now!

Last edited:

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Looks very interesting! Is the Physical/Special split present in this hack?

luuma

Years
Just patched this again, with a few minor fixes, tweaks and balance chanegs. If you find someone gets in your way at a pokemon center, chances are they'll teach you a move indefinitely. I've now added all the evolutions that occur at later levels in the description!

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Just patched this again, with a few minor fixes, tweaks and balance chanegs. If you find someone gets in your way at a pokemon center, chances are they'll teach you a move indefinitely. I've now added all the evolutions that occur at later levels in the description!

That's good, I just restarted my game after reaching Slaterport cause I wasn't sastified with my team (only been using Corphish and Nidorina lol), maybe I'll have a better time with this newest patch.

From what I saw so far though, love how your forced take a different way to get to Mr Briney's, and saw the first of the brand new areas too west of Dewford.

Where can you find the elemental stones by the way? Been thinking of using a Flareon if its got buffed in any way.

Also, one certian girl in Slaterport ya sneak xD

Back