• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: G3T - Gen 3 Tools

DankRabbit

SleepLate
Years
After using TL's quick Enhancer to apply fairy typing I've gotten the fairy typing to show in the move editor but I can not get it to show in the pokemon editor any help?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 18, 2017
After using TL's quick Enhancer to apply fairy typing I've gotten the fairy typing to show in the move editor but I can not get it to show in the pokemon editor any help?

Go to your G3t Folder and open the "Customization" folder there...
there you will see "pokemon.ini" file

there you will see something like this
Spoiler:

at the last add 17=Fairy

and you are good to go with the Fairy type :)

EDIT: Actually the 23 there is already Fiary type if you used TL's quick enhancer ...
But to be sure and not get confused you can try the thing I said above :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 24, 2023
Do you guys know how to find the ini. for a hack that you havent created?

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 24, 2023
Manual search with the help of hex-editor

but the problem would be there with counting the new number of pokemons, moves or any other item in the table if the vanilla ones are expanded....

Is there a tutorial on how to do this?

It's a rom called pokemon super heart red

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Is there a tutorial on how to do this?

It's a rom called pokemon super heart red

I have never heard of tutorial on editing ini files.. ~_~

but yeah you can do it manually because its not so hard..
but for that you will need to have the knowledge of hex-editing :)
and also some table locations in vanilla(clean) rom.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 24, 2023
I have never heard of tutorial on editing ini files.. ~_~

but yeah you can do it manually because its not so hard..
but for that you will need to have the knowledge of hex-editing :)
and also some table locations in vanilla(clean) rom.

Thank you so much...

so i know very little about hex editing,, but i assume you are talking about using it to manually find the number of Pokemon, moves, and etc...

so can you possibly help me with that?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 18, 2020
Does anyone know how to change the move name with the moves editor? I can't seem to find anywhere to change it's name

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
question, may have been asked but I dont have the time to read all posts atm

but when making a new move, it did not save the description
retyped it again, got an error message about move exceeding rom lenght
and then the offset is turned into 7FFFFFF

I should still have space to spare in the rom's hex, plus
example:
Nature hits hard and heals party status

its pretty short description, cant exceed the space the slot should have

how can i fix this?

EDIT: found something else
it wont save the animation offset, keeps setting it back to the moves direct location, but I want it to use animation of other moves
ok, i can use a hex editor, look for the offsets and replace the pointer with the one I want, but felt like stating it as i am sure its supposed to work XD
still hoping for a reply on why it keeps stating it does not have enough space in the slot when adding a description
i checked and have enough free space in the rom for way more adjustments, so...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
I don't know how often this problem surfaces for other people, but I'm trying to use this tool while adding new types into a ROM hack, and I've done the edits to the files (0x17 = new type), but whenever I try and load the move editor I get an "unhandled exception" that says "-1 is not valid for index" (or something along those lines). This also happens with a totally unedited Fire Red rom. Any ideas for solutions?

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
I don't know how often this problem surfaces for other people, but I'm trying to use this tool while adding new types into a ROM hack, and I've done the edits to the files (0x17 = new type), but whenever I try and load the move editor I get an "unhandled exception" that says "-1 is not valid for index" (or something along those lines). This also happens with a totally unedited Fire Red rom. Any ideas for solutions?

Have you tried 0x12? It should work with hex numbers.

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
so no one will help on why I cant switch the animation offsets and type my own description offsets?

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
Im condused about one thing. When i go into the move editor and edit battle data (Power, Accuracy, etc.) i have no idea how to save the changes.

Help Would be Appriciated :)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Im condused about one thing. When i go into the move editor and edit battle data (Power, Accuracy, etc.) i have no idea how to save the changes.

Help Would be Appriciated :)

If you checked "Enable Saving" in G3T's main window, any modifications you do are saved automatically, I think.
1odfl9p.png

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
If you checked "Enable Saving" in G3T's main window, any modifications you do are saved automatically, I think.

Thx for reply :)
Hmm doesn't seem to work.
I can edit and save the Description of moves. It has a "Save Offset" button.
Battle Data doesn't seem to have one :/

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Thank you for this invaluable tool! I use it on all my GBA runs. I have a question, does anyone know what (InvalidArgument=Value of '402' is not valid for 'index')(Parameter name:index) is? Whenever I get this, the Pokemon evolution table is all jambled up and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. Any thoughts?

Leandro Zam

Brasileiro
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2021
Thank you very much for the tutorial, I hope you continue the good work, I will always be accompanying you to give you prestige.

Back