• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
im going to say something that is important in japan dark means evil like a vilian and light means good like superman so it would make sence to create a light type to be dark types how u say like opposite. ps. u know how super heros fight bad guys. makes sence y fighting is super effective against dark

blue

gucci
Years
I suppose you could couple up that Psychic looking Gym with the possible Fairy/Magic type..
Gym-psychedelic.jpg

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That honestly just looks like a Psychic-type gym. :x Like it doesn't scream Magic because I see Magic as p much Psychic-type.

PLUS ABRA KADABRA ALAKAZAM means Magic and it's Psychic :3

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Fairy is clearly tied with normal or psychic as magic or mana is under psychic. Its own type is not really needed.

To those who might bring this up due to similarities, Ice is separate from water because, despite one common connection, liquid water, one thing is not and important, temperature. Ice is mostly tied with cold and freezing and not in physical concept. Its weakness to Fighting type is tied to the brittleness of objects when under intense cold or frozen as commonly seen in some cryogenic tests.

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
to all those "sound wont fit in charts lol"s.
just imagine that bug wasn't a type. fit in type charts? how would it be against electric and psychic and stuff like that?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
We should be expecting some news late next week if not earlier as Corocoro will be coming out. Hopefully we'll get some disclosure on the mascots typing and maybe even Sylveon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
We should be expecting some news late next week if not earlier as Corocoro will be coming out. Hopefully we'll get some disclosure on the mascots typing and maybe even Sylveon.

meh...I still don't think they'll give us any of that yet. Especially Sylveon. I'm hoping for Gen 6 Pokemon or another evolution if anything.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
They wont reveal anything about sylveon or Mewtwo Awakened until its near the movie release. That would be the right time and setting. So around July big news should be coming out. I think this month will be a little more of a tease or just a new Pokemon to keep us busy until then. June we should know a little more. July should be the most full of information. Then August we should know almost what we need to know unless they make it a complete surprise until September or the game release which would make everyone go crazy!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
They wont reveal anything about sylveon or Mewtwo Awakened until its near the movie release. That would be the right time and setting. So around July big news should be coming out. I think this month will be a little more of a tease or just a new Pokemon to keep us busy until then. June we should know a little more. July should be the most full of information. Then August we should know almost what we need to know unless they make it a complete surprise until September or the game release which would make everyone go crazy!
Uh...people are already going crazy. :)

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I'd rather have some news about the games itself. A new feature or new footage, and if there were to be news about a new feature, a new Pokemon related to that would be nice.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like to see some more new gameplay footage, it would be interesting to compare it too the trailer from January, there's bound to be some progression in terms of graphics and such.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'd rather have some news about the games itself. A new feature or new footage, and if there were to be news about a new feature, a new Pokemon related to that would be nice.

I think I'm more interested in hearing about how this bond system is going to work or getting a glimpse of the region map (even a clouded one) than seeing new pokemon or the type of the legendaries/sylveon.

I wouldn't say no to a new pokemon though.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I saw that. I wasn't going to question it; it's possible, but I doubt Porygon will get another evo. or altermate evo. The genetics thing lends to something happening with it, though (computer genetics, 0s and 1s, think about it).

…and there's always the field of computational evolutionary biology. I, however, think that Porygon's evolutionary line is complete as it is.

732 - Cryohedral - Ice/Steel
I assume this is supposed to be some Cryogonal evo? oO; I never even thought it needed one.

Cryogonal could use a new form, though, to explain what happens when he evaporates like his PokéDex entry says he can.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
This information drought is making me concerned with the game's development. They may be taking there time revealing things, but they seem to be hiding lots of things.

I'm worried that the game could be released unfinished in time for October, as things like the ugly looking over world make me concerned with the game. Plus, with the fact that I didn't care for Gen 5 as a whole has made be rather wary of this new title.

Years
meh...I still don't think they'll give us any of that yet. Especially Sylveon. I'm hoping for Gen 6 Pokemon or another evolution if anything.
Well if the speculation/rumor of the new type being release this month is true and Xerneas and Sylveon are indeed members of the new type I imagine they'll reveal that together to show off some of the members of said type.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Sigh, we really do need news seeing how we're talking about fakes again :( .
I'm hoping Torcoal does get an evolution as I've always wanted to see what GF can do with it. Fire/water would be awesome and unexpected considering most speculations have had it evolve into a Fire/Steel, or Fire/Rock.

Actually, Torkoal seems kind of big to be the base of an evolutionary tree in my opinion, so I hope it gets a pre-evolution (or maybe even two; that thing is large enough to be a final evo!)

Poison tea...

idk, what does France sell? Bread? Make it like poison bread, or poison sushi mon to return to Pokemon's roots!

Fois gras.

Delicacy? Pfft!

Cyclone

Oh right, a poisoned snail would work, and would be kind of like macargo slightly??

(idk if that's what you meant but that came to mind!)

Depends. How does a poisoned snail match up to duck liver? (That's what fois gras is, I've watched enough Japanese Iron Chef to know.)

Cyclone

I think he wants some escargot, too…

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well if the speculation/rumor of the new type being release this month is true and Xerneas and Sylveon are indeed members of the new type I imagine they'll reveal that together to show off some of the members of said type.

That's just it though. "If". There isn't any solid evidence and we have shaky defense for there being a new type.

The only proof we have is a leaker's word from Gen 5 saying there is a new type. According to two other sources, this is false. So we have two credible sources at the very least, both being leakers with as of yet 100% release leak info being true.

This CoroCoro will yet again, make or break rumors. If Sylveon isn't revealed Fairy type this issue chances of a new type drop to lower areas.

Years
I also feel the same way, gen 5 seemed to lack luster compared to gen 4 & 3 (and remakes of 2 &1), though that may be my own fault for getting my hopes too high. I'm actually lowering my expectations this time around.

Now I hope this issue also has info on new Pokémon so we can get a better idea on the overall design/look of this generation.

Years
Does anyone think that Pokémon Smash may announce that they'll have news next week? I'm hoping that for today's show they'll announce that next week they'll have something, maybe we could even get a silhouette or something, anything we could use to speculate. I enjoyed the speculation of Zoroark back in the late days of Gen 4 before Gen 5 was announced.

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
I ´m forward that goes on sale , It will brilliant this game :D for this moment the new pokemons is very cools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back