• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Airborne: A Hoenn Journey (T) [IC]

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Airborne: A Hoenn Journey
tumblr_m9ivklPZVC1r26xvpo1_1280.jpg
Intro

Welcome to the Hoenn Region, a vast tropical land, filled to the brim with exotic locations and boundless oceans. This beautiful region, created by the legendary pokémon, Groudon and Kyogre, is a treasure trove of fun and adventure just waiting for eager pokémon trainers to explore its riches.

It has been exactly fifteen years, since the legendary trainer May thwarted the nefarious schemes of Teams Aqua and Magma, which threatened the entire pokémon world. She has since been hailed as one of the greatest trainers the region had ever seen and thrived in her role as the Poké-League champion. However she has mysteriously gone missing for the past year, leaving Elite Four member, Winona, to take her place.

Regardless of the league matters, Hoenn is as prosperous as it has ever been. Today marks a special day in which a number of aspiring trainers in Rustboro City are to receive their starter pokémon... including you! The leading pokémon researcher of the region, Professor Roxanne, has promised to entrust you with a pokémon and a pokédex in return for your participation in her studies. With your starter in hand, and an entire world to explore, who knows what sort of experiences are waiting in store for you out there?

Are you ready? Your very own adventure is about to unfold! Be courageous and leap into the world of pokémon where dreams, adventures, and friendships await!

The Workings

It's been 15 years since the events of Emerald (NOT ORAS). As stated before, the pokémon champion, May, has gone missing for quite some time. Gym Leaders have come and gone with the years, technology has advanced and with it towns and cities have blossomed. Gym Leaders will, for the most part, be original NPC characters, controlled by the GM. However, you'll see a number of familiar faces around the RP :3

For the sake of not making things a pain, there will be no levels or IV/EV system. The RP will take a very anime-style approach on pokémon. Since there are no levels, the Pokemon can earn new moves whenever the roleplayer sees fit, but please be reasonable about this. Also, since there are no levels, pokémon evolution is one of the few things that must be checked for approval with the GMs. PM me first before making your pokémon evolve.

The diversity of Pokémon in Hoenn has changed dramatically over the passing years with the growing popularity of pokémon training. The release of pokémon throughout the region and daycare center have introduced different species into the ecosystems of Hoenn, making the fauna the most diverse it has ever been. Basically, there will be pokémon from all the regions available during this rp, not just the ones native to Hoenn.

You do not need the GM's approval to capture wild pokémon. However, while there may be exceptions, for the most part you are limited to catching one pokémon per route. You can go ahead and capture any pokémon in the given area that you want. Just try and be reasonable with it (making a long detailed post if the captured pokemon is rather rare or hard to catch) Available wild Pokémon, and their attacks will be in the chapter description.

This roleplay will be broken up into a multitude of chapters. Each one will have a number of different events that you may choose from, each event warranting a reward for its completion. However, there will be an overarching story that may take the place of these events. All the chapters will also have a main objective that you much complete by the end, such as making it to a certain town.

The RP will be accepting characters on a "first come-first serve" basis with a limited number of spots. Right now i'm thinking around 9, but that number may expand depending upon interest. However, because of this I will be judging a little harsher than other journey rps may be. If I don't accept your character at first, it's nothing personal and I will work with you in expanding upon your application if you'd like. :D

The starter pokémon that your character receives is up to you! However, it must be one of the 18 starter pokémon that are given out throughout the games. Also note that you may not have the same starter as any other players. If you submit an SU with the same pokémon as another player who has yet to be accepted, it will be considered a competition and I will accept whichever character I believe to be a better fit for the RP. If this ever happens you could just switch your pokémon to a different one :p

Each starter will start off knowing four moves with a maximum of six learned at any one time. The starters may come knowing a single egg move of your choice. They may also have an ability of your choosing from the list of abilities that they can have naturally.

The Rulez

1. Follow all PokeCommunity/RPC rules and guidelines
2. The GM ruling is law :3
3. The rating is T for Teen, don't go too crazy. Leave all that for the fan fictions.
4. Try to be as active as possible. I understand that we can all be busy and such, but we gotta move on. If you won't be posting as much, let the GM know in advance. However, you will be booted off if you do not return or if you go inactive without messaging me.
5. Be respectful to one another, and have fun cause isn't that what it's all about? lolno

Cast

Frozen Heart as Robin Morris
Spoiler:

Pastel Phoenix as Danielle Metts
Spoiler:

Oddball_ as Belle Blackwood
Spoiler:

Godzil as Carter Fontaine
Spoiler:

FireSnow as Cyrus Capaldi
Spoiler:

Etherion as Dylan Josh Thompson
Spoiler:

adventure as Paige Perrary
Spoiler:

HTS123.0 as Hunter Trait
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Route 116​
tumblr_ndask8QfPh1rcufwuo1_500.gif
"They look like quite the promising group, if I do say so myself"

A familiar voice rang out from behind Roxanne, prompting her to whip around so fast that her glasses almost fell out of place. A grin spread across the young professor's face as she recognized whom she was speaking with.

"Flannery! it's been too long."

"Too long, my ass. If you actually wanted to see me you'd get out of this hellhole you call a lab for once and come visit Kanto. You're always welcome to come by and watch me whoop down on trainers in Cinnabar."

Giggling at just how unchanged Flannery's fiery personality was, Roxanne gave her old friend a hug. "I was just about to ask how you and the twins were doing over there, but I suppose there's my answer."

Giving the shorter girl a pat on the head, a pouty expression spread across the red head's face. "Well you know those two. Liza and Tate never come around to visit me anymore, they're too busy up there in the Indigo Plateau to ever see their auntie Flannery. I always have to go up there to check up on them myself."

She sighed before leaning up on one of the various contraptions that took up the lab's interior. "You already know that they can handle themselves just fine. The only one of us that I'm worried about is Brawley, I haven't even heard from him since then."

A troubled look made its way onto Roxanne's face, before she caught herself. "I'm sure that he's fine. As incredibly irresponsible and reckless as he can be, he's always come back home in one piece."

"I suppose so..." Not allowing her mind to remain caught on disconcerting thoughts, Flannery changed the topic of discussion by pulling out her pokénav. "I'm assuming you got Winona's message?"

"The one concerning the reunion?" The professor pushed up her glasses before crossing her arms. "I've already responded, I can't make it due to some new findings that popped up. Make sure to apologize to her in person for me."

Giving a hearty laugh, the fiery gym leader nodded. "You, Norman, and Brawley will be the only ones that won't be there. We'll be sure to party it up in Evergrande to make up for y'alls absences!" After mussing up her friend's hair, Flannery gave her a farewell hug. "Well I gotta get going. Be sure to send the strongest youngsters of the batch my way, it's been a little while since I've had a good battle."

"I'll be sure to, my friend." Returning the embrace, Roxanne smiled. It had been a while since she'd had a chance to have a face to face discussion with any of her old friends.

After waving goodbye to Flannery outside the lab, Roxanne returned to her place behind a desk filled to the brim with various notes and sheets of paper scrawled with writing. "Now... where was I?"

The Route

After receiving your starter pokémon, a number of pokéballs, and a shiny new pokédex from Professor Roxanne, you're all set for taking the first steps of your adventure! You've already had the past couple of days to explore Rustboro City, so it's not as if there's much left to do here. The former pokémon gym that was converted into a state of the arc laboratory, serves as a precursor of what is to come along your journey. The Professor has already mapped out your passage to Verdanturf Town, home of the closest gym, and recommended starting point for all rookie trainers.

The first stop on that path is Route 116, running east of the city, straight into Rusturf Tunnel. It is a popular area for beginner trainers to develop their battling skills, so you'll be sure to see quite a number of kids running around, challenging everyone and everything they lock eyes with to a battle. A few areas of the pathway are covered in light tree cover, but otherwise it's a single stretch of fresh, green grass. At the end of the route there is a small building, which is a rest house for the construction workers who are working in Rusturf Tunnel. .

Available Pokémon

zigzagoon.gif
bidoof.gif
pidgey.gif
bunnelby.gif
poochyena.gif
276.gif
wurmple.gif
budew.gif
273.gif
285.gif

Missions

You can choose out of any of the missions below. Be sure to claim missions in the OOC thread to let me and the other players know which one you are doing. You may joint post or collaborate on these missions with other players, but two players may not write for a single mission separately. Also, know that you aren't limited to just these missions. You can make posts catching pokémon, battling a trainer or exploring the route for yourself. I purposefully made fewer missions than there are players because I'd like for you guys to have some fun with this and not be restrained by these things. The missions are only here to serve as a plot point for you to write off of :3

Mission 1: A number of baby Taillow are wandering about on the ground, not above in nests like they should be. Looking around, there doesn't seem to be any nests up in the trees. Where is the mother Swellow in this situation? Could this involve that group of kids you saw earlier, playing with the slingshot? Reward - Muscle Wing

Mission 2: Nora's mother always told her, never go out into the tall grass without a pokémon. Well, Nora was feeling rather brave today and decided to venture out into the tall grass... without a pokémon. Now she's found herself surrounded by a small number of Bunnelby. A helping hand from a passing trainer would be much appreciated. Reward - 500 P + 1 Great Ball

Mission 3: After a long night of working, the construction workers, working within Rusturf Tunnel have returned to their rest house for the day. However, the horde of Seedot outside of the building are making so much noise that it's impossible for any of them to get any sleep. As they're too tired to fight their own battles, a trainers help is needed. Reward - 1,000 P

Mission 4: Ryker and Audrey are in the midst of a couple's argument for the ages. The normally loving pair's dispute has resulted into a pokémon battle that is not only harmful to the pokémon of the route, but to their blossoming relationship as well! A third party is needed to end this confrontation through peace or violence, either would work. Reward - 3 Potions + 1 Super Potion

Mission 5:
Forty-five year old Jimmy thinks that he's real tough, picking on beginner trainers with his Loudred. He's positioned himself in the middle of the route, challenging unsuspecting trainers to a battle. Someone needs to put this middle aged delinquent in his place. Reward - 600 P + 1 Potions

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years

001: Versus Bidoof

ZfViGzL.png

Belle casually strolled through the grassy pathway, stopping to point out some of the more interesting wildflowers to his new friend.

"This looks like Viola riviniana more commonly known as the dog violet of course. Didn't know they were native to regions like Hoenn, but with all the international travel, it isn't a surprise. Just takes one seed to destroy an ecosystem. You know all about plants and gardening don't you Vyl?" The white haired teenager asked the green wood Gecko Pokémon on his shoulder, who stared at him with a curious large yellow eye.

"Treeko tree?" The Pokémon responded.

"Well of course!" Belle nodded in approval despite having no idea what his new Pokémon had just said.

The two continued on their way through the grassy route, passing several trainers who were engaged in battles with wild Pokémon.

"That is a valid point isn't it." Belle thought to himself. If I want to keep doing this, i'm going to need to have Syl battle other Pokémon and get stronger...

As if answering his silent prayers, the bushes to the boy's left began to rustle and shake. Seconds later a small brown head poked out and began to sniff the air around it and, upon noticing the boy and the treeko, waddled forward and began sniffing them.

"Well you're certainly a friendly little guy!" Belle noted as he sat down stroked the Pokémon's fur. "Not exactly the kind of monstrous thing they warn you about on the road signs... can you imagine a beware of wild Pokémon sign with this guys face on it?"

"Treeko tree." Vyl noted plainly prodding his trainer with a nearby stick.

"Whats up Vyl?" Belle asked looking towards his starter Pokémon. As he did so, the starter Pokémon merely pointed at the bidoof, which had been digging through the boy's bag since he had sat down.

"Hey you little..." Belle grunted pulling a bidoof with a half eaten sandwhich in its mouth out of his bag. "You little thief." Belle chuckled shaking his head.

"Bidoof" The Pokémon responded and pawed the ground, a gleam in his eyes.

"Oh? Alright, Syl lets show this little guy how we deal with thieves." Belle called out, pointing at the Pokémon with an overly dramatic finger.

"Treeko..." The Pokémon sighed, disapointed that this idiot had become his trainer. The Pokémon leaped off of the fallen log it had been sitting on and landed infront of Belle with the grace of a circus acrobat.

The bidoof wasted no time, throwing itself forward and rolling towards the Treeko with great speed.

"Pound him into the ground with you tail!" Belle called out, watching all of this unfold with a slight smile.

The Bidoof was rolling forward at a good speed, but the nimble Treeko easily used his tale as a paddle and swat the bidoof into the air and acrost the little field. The plump mouse Pokémon fell to the ground and climbed back onto its feet, clearly not very injured by the fall. It then began to roll forward again at a faster pace than before.

"It doesn't matter how fast you go, use quick attack!" Belle ordered.

Syl stepped forward and seemed to disapear in a flash of light. The rolling bidoof suddenly lurched to the side as a green shape appeared next to it, lashing out at him with a painful looking kick.

The bidoof stopped rolling about and stared at the wood gecko pokemon as if trying to devise a plan that could stop it.

"Vyl dragonbreath while its distracted!" Belled called, still using his dramatic pointing finger.

The wood Gecko closed its eyes and took a deep breath and released the energy infused air as a single blast, smashing it into the pondering Bidoof.
"Bi... doof." The Pokémon gasped, pouncing forward and sinking its its large buck teeth into the neck of the Treeko.

"Hyper fang?!" Belle gasped, not knowing if he should go and help his Pokémon or not. As if in answer to his thoughts, the Bidoof began to glow with a green energy, which started to flow into Vyl. "Oh I see, Absorb." Belle noted, watching as his Pokémon litterally sucked the life out of the bidoof.

The bidoof wobbled around and stared at the enemy Pokémon with determination. It lowered its head and let out a battlecry before charging forward.
"Vyl! Thats skull bash! Don't let that connect!" Belle shouted, realizing that this battle could be over in an instant.​

THUD!!!

A flash of green. The bidoof fell to the ground mid charge, as Syl stood over it with a a branch in its hands. A comedically large welt formed on the top of the Bidoofs head.

"Alright!" Belle cheered happily. He dug through his pocket and pulled out one of the red and white Pokéballs that the professor had given him and tossed it at the unconscious Bidoof. The ball shook once... twice... three times... CLICK!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
The Journey Begins

Cyrus
637da32fc2d190_medium.jpg
Spoiler:

Badges
Spoiler:

Cyrus straightened his tie and pulled on his blazer. Today was the day his quest to become the champion began and his first obstacle, Route 116, was laid out in front of him.

"Chim Chim?" His partner, Chimchar, said, seemingly asking something.

"That's correct Titus. Today marks the beginning of our quest to show everyone that we are the best battlers that Hoenn has ever seen" Cyrus said confidently, giving a slight shake of his head to shape up his green hair.

Titus and Cyrus were a match made in PokeHeaven. When Cyrus walked in to Professor Roxanne's office just two days ago, he was uncertain he would be able to find a Pokemon that shared his desire to be the best. When he left, those uncertainties were gone. When he left, he had a partner for life.

Cyrus had walked into the lab and made his way into Roxanne's office.

"Hi there Professor Roxanne. My name is Cyrus Capaldi. I believe you have a Pokemon for me?" Cyrus had said politely, bowing his head in respect.

"Yes, of course. Follow me"

Cyrus followed the professor into a large room with a fairly large table in the middle and a line of Pokeballs on it.

"Let me show you your choices."

Roxanne, one by one, released the Pokemon from their balls. Totodile. Turtwig. Chespin. Froakie. Tepig. Roxanne continued until almost all the starter Pokemon were standing there on the table. Cyrus' eyes were only drawn to one Pokemon though.

That Tepig.

The look in its eyes told Cyrus all he needed to know. This little pig wanted to win and prove its power. Just when Cyrus was about to tell the professor his choice though, things took a surprising turn. Out of nowhere, the Tepig was sent flying into the wall. In its place was a fiery little monkey.

Chimchar.

It's left hand was crackling with electricity and Cyrus quickly realized what happened.

"Darn it Chimchar! What have I told you a million times!" Roxanne yelled, turning towards Cyrus now, "I'm so sorry Mr. Capaldi. Chimchar is a bit of a troublemaker. Let me put him back in his Pokeball. You wouldn't want a Pokemon like him." She reached for Chimchar's ball.

"No"

Roxanne stopped. "Pardon?"

"No. I want the Chimchar" Cyrus said emotionless, staring into the Chimp Pokemon's big brown eyes, "I want Chimchar" Cyrus repeated.

"Well, um, if that's what you want..." Roxanne handed Cyrus the Pokeball.

"Let's go...Titus. We've got a journey to go on" Gesturing Titus towards the door and casually walking out of the lab.

Cyrus thought about this as he and Titus walked down the main path on Route 116. A Chimchar with Thunderpunch and willing to do anything to win, even cheap shots? Sign Cyrus up for that. He and Titus weren't about to let anyone or anything stand between them and their goal.​

Years
Hunter Trait
Lavi.600.1223217.jpg
17 | Male | The Hero's Beginning
I can't believe mom and dad made me do this! How selfish of them! They didn't even care to ask me if I wanted to go on a Pokemon adventure! An exasperated Hunter Trait sat on a bench outside of Rusboro City's PokeMart, a look of sheer anger and frustration on his face. It seemed as if he was about to explode at any minute. I was perfectly content staying home and becoming the ship captain of legends. He crossed his arms, creasing his black t-shirt a bit, and looked down at his feet, letting out a quiet, "Hmph."

"Excuse me." A quiet, soft voice rang out from above Hunter's gaze. "Are you Hunter Trait?"

Hunter instantly forgot his anger. "I am he." He said as he looked up, brushing the hair out of his face, giving an awkward, yet charming grin. The person asking for him seemed to be an attractive young lab aide, who couldn't help but giggle at the ridiculous facial expression. "Who's asking?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

The aide smiled and pointed to the building a little bit down the road, obviously what used to be the gym, but is now the laboratory. "Professor Roxanne is waiting for you down the road." She laughed a bit. "She saw you sulking out here and sent me to collect you. She can't have her trainers dropping out because they couldn't find the lab." Her nose crinkled in amusement.

She thought I was angry? And lost? Apparently several hours of internal groaning and complaining had been lost from the trainer's mind in mere seconds. Better play it off. Hunter laughed as he stood up, stretching his arms out behind him as he yawned. He towered over the shorter lab aide, but he didn't seem to notice. "I suppose she can't." His signature grin was still plastered on his face as he started to walk towards the office.

The aide struggled to keep up with his long paces, but she manged to catch up to the red-headed youth. "You must be excited to go on your very own Pokemon journey!" She smiled and looked up at him, brushing brunette locks from her face. "There'll be adventure, battles, glory..."

She began to ramble for a few moments, but Hunter had zoned out. I'll be going away from my home, everything I've ever known, every friend I've ever had, every story that Old Man Yancy hasn't told me... The goodbye with his parents had been hard, of course, but he was surprised how hard it was for him to say goodbye to his mother's crew. Well, after some thought he realized that it wasn't. They were essentially family to him. "Hunter?" The mention of his name brought him back to reality. "Are you excited?"

Hunter's inner monologue was forgotten yet again. "Definitely." He looked down at her one last time as they approached the door. The hunger for adventure was evident in his eyes. "I've finally got a chance to change the world." With that, he turned to the lady standing by a table with interesting brown hair. Hunter approached her and smiled warmly, stretching his hands behind his back and smiled. "Professor Roxanne?" A simple nod told him that he was correct. "Hunter Trait reporting for duty!" He snapped his feet together, straightened his back, donned a semi-serious expression, and saluted the professor.

"...Uh..." Taken aback from the response she received from someone sulking so fiercely just moments ago, she laughed nervously and nodded. "It's a pleasure to have you, Mr. Trait." She smiled and looked to the table, where a series of PokeBalls laid. "You'll be getting to choose one of these." One by one, she released the Pokemon within the balls until they were all empty.

There was an impressive collection gathered there, no doubt. Turtwig, Torchic, Piplup, Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil... "They're all so amazing..." Hunter couldn't help but gape his mouth as he looked over all the potential friends he could have. There were some that particularly stuck out in his mind. A Mudkip near the center of the line stood firmly at attention, a Bulbasaur further to the right stood with a small grin on his face, and a Torchic with a rather noble expression stood to the right of the Bulbasaur. Hunter looked over the three Pokemon, as if staring into their souls, and looked to the professor once more. "I'll take the Mudkip." He smiled.

The Pokemon, upon hearing his name, jumped up excitedly and ran to his trainer, breaking his stoic appearance, and leaped up instantly. Hunter, although surprised, caught the Pokemon, and stumbled back a bit, knocking over a nearby potted plant, which thankfully did not break. Roxanne couldn't help but laugh as she shook her head. "Wait right here. I'll be right back." With that, she disappeared into a room.

Hunter looked down at his new companion and grinned as the Mudkip gazed back up at him. "You're gonna need a name, huh, buddy?" The Mudkip simply nodded, keeping its smile. "How about...Poseidon?" The Mudkip shook his head no. "Kyogre?" No. "How about Gyarados?" Hunter raised an eyebrow. No yet again. "Well crap..." Hunter groaned and hung his head for a moment. Wait a second. His head shot up and he looked his Mudkip right in the eyes. "Tidus?" He inquired. YES. "Woohoo!" He jumped up and pumped his fist in the air at his success. A laugh escaped as Tidus, with the same enthusiasm, cheered, 'MUD! MUDKIP!"

"Did I miss something?" The Professor had returned, and she was holding a few PokeBalls and the fabled PokeDex.

"Eh...No." Hunter blushed a bit as he realized how loud he had been. "Sorry about that."

Roxanne sighed, a soft smile on her face, and walked up to him. "These are yours." She said as she handed him the devices. Within an instant, he had placed them into his bag. "Now, I want you to record all the Pokemon that you can. Can you do that for me?" She smiled hopefully.

Hunter nodded as Tidus jumped down from his hands. "We can do that, Professor." After a few more exchanged pleasantries, the trainer and his new companion exited the building and began to walk towards their next destination: Route 116. The trainer and his Pokemon, almost identical in personality, started their journey.

At the entrance to the route, Hunter looked down to Tidus and smiled. "Ready to change the world?"

Years
Carter Fontaine / Male / 17 Years Old

"The bond between humans and Pokemon is a rare and wonderful connection. To some, Pokemon are pets. Others use them to battle. And some study Pokemon, and send aspiring young trainers off on a romantic journey of self-discovery so they may learn the ways of life, friendship, and what's really important to them... And it beats getting a real job, am I right?"

Carter tossed away the brochure he had been reading from (and subsequently mocking), and his new friend Snappy jumped up and caught it in his mouth, idly tearing it to shreds as he followed behind Carter. "I mean, it was nice of the Professor to send me on my way like this, but what exactly does she expect me to do? Write her a letter every week explaining what I learned about friendship? Challenge the Gym Leaders and take on the Elite 4? I moved to Hoenn to make a fresh start for myself, not go wandering across the country fighting people."

Snappy followed behind quietly, honestly just happy to be outside. Carter glanced back at him and smile. "You got it good, kid. You're young and carefree, and what you're gonna do with your life isn't a problem right now. So maybe you should decide. What are we gonna do?" He pointed at Snappy, who merely tilted his head in confusion. Carter raised an eyebrow, expecting an answer. "Well, what do you wanna do?" Snappy suddenly leaned forward and bit down on his hand.

"YEEOOOOWWW!"

Carter pulled his hand back, shaking it quickly in pain. Snappy grinned happily, running up and nuzzling Carter's leg. Looking at his hand, he realized that he wasn't bleeding, and in fact none of Snappy's teeth had broken skin. The bite was more playful than malicious, and the little guy probably didn't even know his own strength. "Heh... alright, let's go burn off some of that excess energy, huh?"

Arriving at Route 116, Carter had to admit that it was pretty. It was green, and calm, and had a certain quality to it. He knew there was a word for it. Pastel? No, pastoral! Route 116 was a pretty, pastoral place. And Snappy seemed to like it, as he was running around, chasing leaves that had fallen from the trees.

"You know, if I had a camera, I'd probably take a picture of a place like this. It'd look great on somebody's wall, and I'd probably get payed pretty well for it! Rich people will buy anything! But I don't have a camera. So let's go beat something up, huh?" Snappy fell into line behind Carter, and the two made their way to the long grass. He was certain they'd find a Pokemon there.

Sure enough, him crashing through the grass scared away a flock of Pidgey, and one of them was a brave enough bird to stand up to him. "Alright, Snappy! Whoop its butt! Use... uh... use your instincts, I gotta look up your attacks!" Carter powered up his Pokedex, searching for Totodile's moves. Meanwhile, Snappy followed his instincts and charged the Pidgey, his fangs glowing blue. His Ice-infused fangs dealt severe damage to the Tiny Bird, and it was taken out in one hit.

Carter glanced up to see the fight was already over, and shrugged as he put his Pokedex away. "Guess I know what your favorite snack is, huh? We'll go find you some more birds!"​

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years

002: Versus Jimster?

PKorqi9.png

We should be able to find a grass type here." Rose thinks out loud as she treks through the tall grass. Now that their journey had officially begun, getting a team started was priority number one, and there was no better place to start than a Pokémon that could cover her Cyndaquil's weaknesses. With the brightest of smiles on her face, she glances down at the fire mouse in her arms, slowly placing him on top of her head. "See anything?"
The small creature glances from left to right, searching intently for movement within the tall grass. A few feet away is some rustling, and it's coming closer…closer…very quickly. "Quil-quil!" Keaton taps on his trainer's head urgently.

Rose blinks in surprise as the rummaging comes closer. It's—not a Pokemon at all...it's a schoolgirl. "Woah there!" She calls out as the frantic little girl comes hurtling towards them. She skids to a stop, only an inch from Rose's outstretched arm. "Where's the fire?"
"N-no fire." The young girl sniffles as she speaks. "I-I just need to get to the Pokemon Center." The schoolgirl looks down to her arms, where a rather obliterated Poocheyna lay.
"Oh gosh!" The words fly from Rose's mouth before she can think them through. That Poocheyna looks like it's been through far more than a friendly battle with the low level Pokemon of this route. "What happened?"

"I…I just wanted to see the Whismur." The schoolgirl whimpers. "B-but…there's this man…he said I could only go to the tunnel if I beat him in a battle." The sniffling intensifies. "Poochy did her best…but his Loudred was so strong…"

"Loudred?" Rose asks angrily. Some guy's bullying little girls into battles with an evolved Pokemon? Oh no. This is NOT going to fly. "Where's this man now?"

"O-over there." A shaky finger points the way. "Where we found him…"

"Go on to the Pokemon Center." Rose' glare melts into a sweet smile as she locks eyes with the little girl. "When you get back, he won't be there anymore. We're going to take care of him."

"Y-you're sure?"

"Very sure." Rose thrusts her arm against her side as Keaton hops from her head. Once on the ground, he releases a tiny battle cry, as well as the flares from his back.

"B-be careful, okay?" With that, the young girl runs off.

"Ready, Keaton?" Rose asks strongly. A nod from the fire mouse, and the pair march off.

"You're gonna need to work off that sandwich." Belle muttered to the Bidoof, which was now riding happily on his shoulder.

"Doof."

"Don't you doof me... hey whats going on over there..." As he spoke, the boy pointed towards a young girl running out from deeper in the route.

As he arrived, Belle overheard bits and pieces of conversation. Something about a guy with a Loudred. "Well this sounds interesting." The white haired boy mused, appearing from nowhere.

"Who are you?" The little girl sniffled.

"Belle Blackwood, Pokémon trainer for professor Roxxane. Having issues?" Belle replied, kneeling down so that he was on head level with the young girl.

"Well... there was a mean man with a Loudred. The other girl went in to go fight him, but I don't know if she'll be strong enough!" The little girl sobbed.

"Oh well have no fear, Belle is here. I'll go make sure this other girl has all the backup she needs, and that this Loudred training jerkface stops picking on little girls." Belle replied, hoping to his feet.

"Be careful!" The little girl shouted as Belle began to walk away.

"Careful is my middle name. Actually its Bryce, but figure of speech and all that." He replied with a wave.

Belle and his party ran off towards the cave, once again leaving the snivveling little girl alone with her mutilated Poochyena.

Be careful!'

Rose heard the same schoolgirl make the same request, which caused her to turn her head. She wasn't calling after her again, was she?

No, someone else was coming this way. A boy—and a Bidoof. Rose paused mid-stride as Belle came closer. "You were at Professor Roxanne's lab." It was hard to forget that silvery hair. Rose puts on a smile, albeit a slightly uncertain one. "You saw her too, didn't you? The girl with the Poocheyna."

"Yes and Yes. Belle Blackwood here to help." The boy said with a slight nod. The girl was about his age, if on the shorter side. Like his, her hair was unusually colored, albeit hers blue instead of his silver.

"Bidoof" The plump mouse Pokémon input.

"Treeko-Tree" Vyl contributed.

"Oh of course, Professor Roxanne gave me Vyl, and uh... Doofy here happened to steal my sandwich so I sort of caught him. Its a long story." Belle explained quickly.

As they were speaking a loud sound came from deeper into the route, and moments later a young boy with a Skitty in his arms ran out crying.

"Well I don't know about you... but I think somebody needs to teach this guy not to pick on little kids." Belle said dryly as he watched the boy run past.

The uncertainty melted away from Rose's eyes when the two Pokemon spoke up. There's just something about the presence of Pokemon that makes everything easier. "Y'know, I think I'd like to hear that story sometime." Sandwhich theft turned capture, that's bound to be good for a laugh-- bur for now, there are other matters to attend to. "I'm Rose. Rose Burne." She gives a small nod before her head tilts to her Cyndaquil, who hops from the ground to his trainer's shoulder. "And this is Keaton."

"Cynda-quiil." The fire Pokemon puffs a tiny ember from its mouth in a joyful greeting.

"We were trying to catch a-" The loud sound from within the cave caught her story short. Another young trainer comes running from deeper in the route, clutching a Skitty that looks about as well off as that girl's Poocheyna.

Seems her story will have to wait; their friendly neighborhood jerkwad was going to keep looking for young trainers to pick on until they put him in his place.

"I was thinking the same thing. Say we make it a tag team?" Rose asks, her hands coming to rest on her hips in a confident stance.

"I say we shall." Belle replied with a grin. "Lets go get this jerkwad."

They didn't have to walk long to find the source of these childrens problems. A middle aged man in a charizard looking costume was standing in the middle of a clearing, sneering down at a young boy and his heavily damaged Aron.

"Oi, Why don't you grow up and pick on somebody your own size?" Belle cried out, flailing his arms into another dramatic point, this time at himself and his new companion.

"Oh ho? You think you twerps are going to be strong enough to take on the Jimster? HA! As if. I'll send you two crying back to your mommys just like the rest of these brats!" The Pokémaniac shouted, his Loudred stomping its feet and turning towards the newcommers.

"Jimster?" Belle snorted as Vyl hopped off of his shoulder and began to stare down the Loudred.

"Well if this is going to be a two on two battle, I had better send out my new pet as well!" The man chuckled, and in a flash of red light a Bunnelby stood beside the Loudred.

"You read my mind." Right down to her choice name for the guy they were hunting. This Belle character is shaping up to be a pretty cool guy.

Their heroic quest soon landed them in front of a middle aged man...in a...Charizard costume. Oh. Ooh...this is embarassing. Just looking at this guy makes her feel a whole new level of pity for everyone involved.

Jimster.

"That's...what he said." Rose leers at the cosplaying man-child as Keaton hops off her shoulder and goes to join Treecko. The flames from his back erupt as he stares at the stomping Loudred.

"If you think winning will be that easy, you won't mind us going first. Keaton, smoke screen!"

Belle shook his head. He thought HE was childish. "Vyl, Lets give this man baby something to cry about! Quick attack!"

The wood gecko Pokémon disapeared into a blur of green and dove right into the smokey cover which the Cyndaquil had created.

"Loudred! Silence these brats!" The Pokémaniac shouted, pounding his chest with a styrofoam claw.

As he spoke a blue shape was thrown out of the smokey cover, the Loudred landed on its back. The giant creature climbed to its feet and let out an uproar, shaking the trees around them and sending swarms of Tailow flying away.

"Yeow! I guess he's not called Loudred for no reason!" Belle shouted, covering his ears with his hands.

"I can't hear you!" The middle aged man cheered, sticking his tounge out at the trainers.

"This guy is a litteral child." Belle scoffed and shook his head.

This Loudred might be strong, but it was also too slow to block Treecko's speedy attack, and heavy enough that the fall probably hurt it just as much as the gecko's own impact, this was good to know—but for now, they had to silence that Uproar…and the best way was to make him flinch. "Well, not literally." Rose flashes a playful smile and a friendly wink to her partner, before turning her attention back to the man-child-izard. "Keaton, shut that Loudred up with Extrasensory!"

Cyndaquil opens its mouth, shooting a multicolored energy blast straight for the purple Pokémon's own gaping maw.

The giant Pokémon staggered back, clutching its head. The extrasensory noise had caused it to cut off its obnoxious attack.

"Guh! Bunnelby, use double slap on that flaming rat!" The Pokémaniac shouted.

The little rabbit Pokémon jumped, or perhaps more appropriatly, hopped forward and swung its large ears at the Cyndaquil.

"Vyl! While he's distracted, show him a taste of your dragon breath attack!" Belle ordered. The wood gecko sucked in its breath and released it as a charged beam of draconic energy, smashing into the nearby Loudred.

"Keaton, get away with a quick attack!"

The flames from Cyndaquil's back grew larger as it used the burst of speed to zip behind the Bunnelby's flailing ears, then launched itself at the grey rabbit's back in a full on smash.

Along with being childish (and almost as much of a loud mouth as his Pokémon) it was becoming clear that their opponent had no idea how to double battle; only focusing on one Pokémon at a time, and only commanding Bunnelby when Loudred was completely incapacitated. This worked well for them, as it didn't seem he could even attempt to protect Loudred from Treecko's Dragon Breath while he was dealing with Keaton and Bunnelby.

Belle could see that the Loudred was hardly phased. It would seem that a second stage Pokémon could take far more damage than he had at first suspected. He stole a glance over at the cyndaquil who was easily keeping the Bunnelby at bay. Had it been a newly caught Pokémon? At least the guy didn't simply beat on it and leave it to die, but then again with the way he had been acting...

"Loudred! Circle throw!" The man yelled. The giant blue Pokémon lunged at Vyl and threw him, quite forcefully, into Belle. The Pokéball which belonged to Vyl snapped open and pulled the wood Gecko Pokémon in. Doofy leaped off of his trainers shoulder in order to get in on the fight.

"Uh, okay! Doofy use uh..." Belle started, fumbling for his Pokédex to try and figure out what moves Bidoof could use.

"Bunnelby! Shake that thing with a Rollout and take out that beaver!" The man exclaimed.

Every fiber of her being wanted to scream out that using a Pokémon to assault a trainer in battle was against every rule in the book, yet she knew it would do no good…and showing that his tactics were getting to her would only add fuel to this guy's obnoxious fire.

Speaking of fire, her fire type wasn't going to last long if it was hit with a rollout. For Keaton's sake, as well as their newly partnered Bidoof, they would have to make double-certain that attack didn't hit. "Give Bunnelby another smokescreen!"

Cyndaquil lunged into the air, away from Bunnelby's rolling assault, and hurled the smoke blast straight for its eyes. Even after the smoke cleared, they wanted to make sure Bunnelby's accuracy stayed depleted.

"Oh yeah!" Belle muttered, remembering one of the moves the bidoof had used on him earlier that day. "Skull bash!"

The bidoof reared its head and pawed the ground, clearly preparing for a charge at the Loudred.

"Loudred, get over there and get that thing away from Bunnelby!" The Pokémaniac shouted, causing the big hulking pokémon to stomp over and lunge for the Cyndaquil. "Did I tell you to stop using Rollout?!" The man continued, stomping his styrofoam foot in the Bunnelby's direction.

Rose smirks as a realization hits her: Their opponent has no idea what kind of Pokémon Keaton is; she's never called him by his species name. Just a little something to add to their opponent's growing list of reasons to have to pick on small kids to boost himself up.

Skull bash?! That's a really powerful move for a Pokémon so young. If Doofy can make contact, this battle is over—but he's going to need another few seconds to charge up, and in those few seconds, Loudred can't grab it with another circle throw. No problem, she has this completely under control.

"Keaton, use Ember on Loudred!"

Bunnelby wasn't going to make contact with that rollout any time soon, not while it was blinded by the smoke, giving both trainers the chance to fully focus on Loudred. Cyndaquil leaps upward when Loudred comes charging for it, its flames once more growing larger as it fires a blast of tiny flames for the purple Pokémon's face.

That was all the distraction they needed. In the split second that Loudred was distracted, Doofy charged forward and caught the purple Pokémon in the back, adding a little leap at the end to reach. The purple giant was thrown acrost the room with surprising force considering that the impact came from something so small.

"Great job Doofy!" Belle cheered, hopping up and down with excitement.

"It's not over yet!" The Pokémaniac shouted, pointing towards a very smokey looking Bunnelby. "Rollout!" He cried, and the Pokéman began rolling forward trying to make contact with either of its opponents. However its eyesight was heavily damaged by all the smoke and it rolled right past the cyndaquil and into a nearby wall.

"Is that really all you've got Jimster?" Belle asked sarcastically.

Oh, that's almost sad, watching Jimster go into a pretty heavy state of denial as Bunnelby rolls right by Keaton, without even a chance of contact. "Let's end this officially." For someone who feels so sorry for the sight before her, there was a suspiciously giggle-like sound at the end of her words. "One more Ember."

The flames on Keaton's back recede into his back as he calls upon his last attack, showing some mercy to the poor rabbit Pokémon. As the embers crash into the Bunnelby, and the little 'mon falls defeated, Rose joins her partner in a victorious show of hopping.

"Oh." She speaks once their victory bounces are complete. "Keaton is a Cyndaquil, by the way." She smirks towards their beaten opponent.

"Why you little... You haven't seen the last of me!" The Pokémaniac shouted, recalling his fainted Pokémon and running through the treeline, surprising Belle at how well he was able to move in such a ridiculous costume.

"Well then, I guess thats that." Belle sighed after a moment.

"Bidoof!" Bidoof commented from a nearby bush. As Belle looked over, it appeared he was digging through something.

"Oh not again, hey spit that out!" Belle complained as he pulled a very slobbering bag from the Bidoofs mouth. As he did the bag tore open and the contents spilled out. Two potions and what looked to be about 1,200P. "Hey not bad. Think it was old Jimsters? Either way, it would be a shame to just leave it here..."

"Apologize when you get there!" Rose shouts to the Pokemaniac's backside as he takes off. By the time he gets to the Pokémon center, Nurse Joy will have dealt with three crying children and three brutally wounded Pokémon. An earful from the Pokémon Nurse and her Chansey might be even worse than the beating he received from Team Bluebell (she will never admit to calling them that).

"I kinda hope I haven't seen the last of him." Rose comments in response to Belle's sigh. She would really like to hear how Nurse Joy (and any Pokémon trainers resting at the center) reacted to a man that attacked small kids and baby Pokémon.

Her thoughts are cut short by the sound of the rummaging Bidoof, and she watches with amused eyes as trainer and Pokémon play tug-o-war with the bag. As Belle speaks, rose bends down and collects the two potions, tossing one of them to her battle partner. "I'd say a potion and some cash is the least he can give us, for making us go out of our way."

I like her. Belle thought to himself as she tossed him a potion and some of the cash. "Well either way, the little ones should be safe to travel the wilds with nothing but a super powered creature by there side once again. All is well on Route 116. I guess I'll see you around miss Rose. Good to see another one of professor Roxanne's assistants." Belle said as he started walking away, throwing a wave to the girl and her Cyndaquil behind him and wondering what he would get up to next.

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Danielle Metts

Route 116
Danielle had known that she wanted Dom as her companion the first time she laid eyes on him. There was something about the Turtwig that drew her to him, be it his calm demeanor, the way he strutted about with a sense of importance, or his cute little shell and stubby legs. Either way, she knew he would be her loyal companion, the knight to her maiden. Thankfully, the little turtle seemed to like her too. He eagerly followed her out as she left the lab, needing no commands to keep pace with her. He seemed to want to just stick by her side and follow her down the path to Verdanturf town.

The path wasn't very well maintained compared to the streets of Lilycove she was normally used to, but she couldn't complain too much. She did thankfully bring good walking shoes, although they did clash with her outfit more than she would have liked, and the cramped buses and other transport vehicles made her long to be outside and stretch her legs again. Verdanturf was said to be a small town more connected with nature than either Lilycove or Rustboro, and while it wasn't the ideal place for her to begin her journey into fame and recognition, it would be a nice change of pace to start with. The only thing that worried her about the town is the fear that no one would "get" it either. She tried to debut in both the previous cities, but no one understood her art there either, and both of those populations were much higher than Verdanturf's. Could a small town person really understand art better than the city?

Lost in her thoughts while walking the road, she didn't even notice the shaking grass stalking her until a small grey wolf-like creature burst from it's cover. She let out a startled yelp and nearly tripped over herself when she jumped back. For a moment she panicked, she'd never been this close to a wild Pokemon that seemed so ready to fight, until she noticed Dom assuming a protective stance in front of her, waiting for a command.

"Okay, no need to worry." She reassured herself. "This is just a battle, I'm a trainer now. I've got this."

She reached into the small pocket hidden on the side of the dress for her Pokedex while the two Pokemon stared each other down. Flipping it open, she pointed at the wolf and gathered a bit of information on it. Apparently it was a Poochyena, although all the ones she had seen looked much cuter. Maybe it was just the wildness of this one?

"Okay Dom!" She yelled to get the Turtwig's attention, double checking the Pokedex to confirm what moves he knew. "Use... Tackle?"

Despite her hesitation, the tiny turtle launched himself forward towards the Poochyena. Just a few moments before impact he twisted his body in a way that slammed his shell into the wolf's side, knocking him back. Before Danielle could celebrate, however, the Poochyena stood back up and let loose a loud howl before running and headbutting Dom back. This time, it was the turtle's turn to go flying, landing at the feet of his trainer. Bending down next to him, she saw several scrapes along her Pokemon's side from the impact. But the Turtwig pushed himself back up in spite of the wounds and nodded his head in a signal to give him the next command. Looking over the Pokedex once more, a certain move stood out.

"So this gives you strength back, huh?" Danielle muttered to herself after reading the description of the move. "Okay, use Absorb Dom!"

Little spores of light began to form on the petals of the Turtwigs leafs and drift towards the Poochyena. The dog-like creature was able to avoid some of them, but soon others proved to be unavoidable, and each spore that made contact changed from a yellow color to a rich green and floated back to Dom. As soon as all the spores either landed and broke harmlessly on the ground or made their way back to the little leaf atop Dom, Danielle surveyed the battlefield once more. Most of Dom's wounds were now gone, and the Poochyena seemed to be having difficulty standing up straight anymore. Realizing this was a prime opportunity to make her first catch, she reached into her bag to pull out one of the Pokeball's Professor Roxanne gave her. To her surprise, however, they weren't in the pocket she thought they would be in. Rustling through a few more pockets, she finally found them in the hidden pocket of the bag she never used before. Pulling one out, she prepared it to capture and looked up... To find the Poochyena had run off.

"Awwww, I really wanted that one too."

Giving herself a light smack on the head, she moved all the Pokeballs to a more accessible pocket and squatted down next to Dom.

"Oh well, you did great." She reassured him. "Sorry about not being that prepared after all."

Looking around for a place for Dom to rest, she spotted a large tree just atop a small hill, and motioned for Dom to follow. Taking a seat underneath, she set her bag to the side and made a space for Dom to curl up next to her. Even if she couldn't catch the Pokemon, she got some inspiration from it. Taking out a small notebook and a pencil, she began a small sketch of Dom during the battle as she saw him.

Unfortunately, no amount of inspiration could capture the moment right. His leaves were too small, his head was out of proportion with his body, and even worse than that, his stance looked stiff and awkward. This was nowhere near the fluid motions she saw during the battle, and she tore the page out in disgust. Well, at least she could write some more. Flipping back to where she left off, she began again on her story. This would be the first major scene! The part when the young woman finds her friend dead in a closet from a beast attack and runs off to find the young owner of the manor, unaware that he isn't actually human. She briefly considered describing the murder scene in more detail, but ultimately decided against going too in depth. Gore was cheap and true horror fans were desensitized to it. In order to actually scare anyone it would have to be unique, but then that would cast doubt on why she thought it would have been done by anyone but a human. No, gore wasn't what was needed, dread was.

Lost in her own thoughts, she barely heard the yelling that started. Initially content to ignore it, she noticed out of the corner of her eye that a small crowd had gathered some distance away from the source, a vicious Pokemon battle between two similarly aged people. Pushing the thought out of her mind, she almost didn't notice the wayward needles flying her way, barely dodging them as the landed just above Dom's head.

Whoever was arguing didn't matter, they almost hit her and Dom. Now she was angry.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
146311079036734_zpstyuid6xr.png
Robin Morris
Route 116
Chapter 1.1 | Late Riser, Early Morning

Current Party:
007_zpsuttj1n0e.png
Coral
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Robin stood with a glazed look in her eyes as she walked out onto Route 116. It was early... much too early. The teenager would often sleep in until at least 11:00 AM or so. Yet here she stood, the clock just barely striking 8:30. The sounds of chirping Tailow and Pidgey filled the air, with fading patches of early morning fog still dancing along the dew-touched blades of grass. By her side, a rather bubbly and easily excited Squirtle was rocking back and forth on the heels of his feet. His eyes were practically shining with anticipation, his tail even twitching as he glanced up at Robin with a rather dopey looking smile on his face.

"Maybe we could do this later, yeah...? Like... four hours from now?" Robin suggested, placing a hand on her hip as she glanced down in the Squirtle's direction. "Besides, if you start out all peppy now... You're gonna run out of steam by the time we get halfway down the route, Coral."

The words spoken to the girl's Squirtle seemed to fall on deaf ears. He was already bounding forward onto the route, turning back to look at Robin as if questioning what in the world she was waiting for. Coral had always been quite the peppy pet to keep around. He seemed to almost always have abundant energy, causing the girl to question just what in the world caused him to have such drive. When she was growing up with her brothers, Chris had always told her that it was natural for Pokémon to develop traits which mirrored those of their trainers. Robin had been Coral's trainer for almost half a year now, and she seen little signs of him picking up any of her own habits.

Letting lose a rather exhausted and loud yawn, Robin rubbed the back of her head and began to trudge behind her Squirtle with a weak smile tugging at her lips. "Alright, alright... Water we waiting on, let's get moving..."

Coral's excitement seemed to grow as Robin was finally following behind him. As much as she hated to admit it at such an early hour, she really found her Squirtle's upbeat personality to be quite endearing. No matter what happened to him or how long they would be forced to travel, Coral never seemed to be out of energy. Most people would assume that Robin would have been the one to stay up all night, the excitement of meeting Professor Roxanne, receiving a Pokédex, and setting out for unbound adventure keeping her tossing and turning all night. In an ironic twist, it was actually her Squirtle who suffered from this problem... and it was her Squirtle that kept her up half the night as well. What followed was a rather humorous morning, for those who may have spotted Robin. She was one of the last trainers to arrive, and showed up in a classy manner by wearing only her sneakers, sleep shorts, and a tank top. Though embarrassing, it was a bit nostalgic to Robin in a way. It reminded the girl of a rather cheesy cartoon she used to watch with her brothers when they were younger, in which the main protagonist showed up late for his first day of Pokémon training dressed in a similar fashion. Robin was a bit luckier than the said character, however. While he got stuck taking a Pikachu as his starter, she was blessed by already having her's upon arrival.

She gave a small glance upwards in the direction of Coral, making sure that the little Squirtle was not getting into trouble, before reaching into her jacket pocket and pulling out a small, red, encyclopedia-like device. It was the Pokédex she had received from Professor Roxanne... something that just a few months ago she never would have pictured herself carrying. While other trainers were setting out on adventures to become stronger, conquer the league or even "catch 'em all", Robin had another goal in mind. It was a goal she vowed to both of her parents that she would not return home until she had completed it.

"Is Chris really out here, somewhere...?" Robin questioned, her eyes glancing up ahead at the route stretching out before her. "It's been so long since his last letter... How do we even know he's still alive?"

Robin clenched her fist, belittling herself inwardly for even thinking such a thought. What sort of hero would she be if she was already thinking of the negatives in this situation? She had to remain positive and keep hope... It was all that she and the rest of her family had left.

Suddenly, the sound of a girl's scream quickly reached Robin's ears. Snapping from her thoughts, the trianer began to look around, rubbing her eyes quickly as if to make sure she did not doze off while walking and everything that had just happened within the past four or so minutes was real. Her worry was put to rest as the sight of Coral running off towards a nearby rock caught her attention, his tail wagging back and forth as he scrambled on top of it, eyes wide in excitement. Robin gave him a curious look as she made her way towards the rock, returning the Pokédex back to her jacket pocket as she did so.

"What's wrong, boy? Did Timmy fall down the well again?" Robin questioned, a faint smirk tugging on her lips. She was greeted by a quick blast of water to her face, Coral seemingly not impressed with her rather snide comment at the moment. He began to frantically point forward, causing Robin's curiosity to grow more. "What the shell's got you so excited, pal?"

Robin's question was quickly answered as she looked in the direction that Coral was pointing. The scream came from a rather small girl. Robin was no professional age guesser, but she figured that the girl was no older than eight or nine given her size. She was rather lithe, her sunny-blonde hair pulled up into two rather cute looking ponytails. Her sapphire-blue eyes were wide with fear as she clutched her Skitty doll tightly in her arms. What caused the girl to be so terrified? What was so dangerous that it caused her to be screaming at the top of her lungs at such an early hour?

A horde of Bunnelby. A wild horde of Bunnelby had surrounded the girl.

She had for some reason, whether she was clueless or just adventurous, decided to venture out into the tall grass. Robin could not tell from her distance away from the child, but she did not seem to possess a single Pokémon to her name. Chances were she probably snuck out and away from her parents to have her private playtime in the grass. Of course, without a single Pokémon in her possession, the chances of the girl getting away from the horde of Bunnelby were slim to none.

"Looks like the kid ventured out a hare tad father than she meant to," Robin mused quietly, crouching down to stay out of sight from the wild Bunnelby horde and the child. "Question is... what to do. I mean, I guess I should go save the day and get her outta there... But I doubt we're gonna be able to take 'em all on alone..."

Last edited:

Etherion

393.gif

The playful blue penguin ran toward the boy's lap and motioned its flipper-like arms to his face, contouring his expression into a grin. He grabbed the Water-type and raised it up into the air, away from his face. It seemed to be excited for a new day, it was its first time being away from the lab and in the comfort of a trainer, first time it has been given a name to call its own - the penguin was enjoying every single moment of it, evident from its beaming smile. The boy lowered his new Pokemon, as it started to dart around the room again. He recently got the chance of meeting a young professor and she kindly gave him a new Pokemon after expressing his dream of becoming a trainer, stating that she admired the boy's passion and was in luck because she was giving away starter Pokemon to up and coming trainers like him. Aside from the Piplup, the professor also gave him the quintessential items - a number of Pokéballs, a shiny new Pokédex and directions to the nearest Pokemon Center where he could stay in for a few days.

He let out a puff of air - this was it, his new journey, an adventure of a lifetime. He would never thought that this day would come, but it did. He let out the thought of his family, they were busy anyways, and besides, he reminded them that he would update them from time to time on what was going on.

With contained excitement, he got up of the bed and gathered his belongings, storing them in black backpack, he donned on his light jacket and overlooked the area before him. Rustboro City, a place described having a unusual yet unique cityscape, a plethora of buildings were scattered about, it was a city probing the integration of nature and science. And over to the distance, a long grassy area loomed, it was their first obstacle of some sorts to reach the first gym in another town after the route.

He exited the Pokemon Center with Finn by his side, eager to get their journey started. He took the liberty to buy the necessities for later use, so he thought that they would be set and well off.

It was late morning when they arrived at the grassy pathway, Route 116, east of Rustboro City. Dylan noticed the number of trainers that lingered around, the crowd, seemingly locked in a few battles they looked like they were beginner trainers just like him. A puff of breeze bashed against his hair, as he donned his headphones and blasted away to few soft pop tunes. They continued on making their way to the route, all seemed rather peaceful, until the Piplup tugged on his shirt - perturbed and flustered. "Huh?" he bent down to the level of his Pokemon.

"What's the matter?" he asked, the anxious Piplup pointed up ahead.

A girl, pale as white with fear was cowering in distress. Surrounding her was a swarm of a small, gray, rabbit-like Pokémon. The herd of Bunnelby encircled their target, their prey. She was curious enough to have stumbled upon their territory, and that angered the Normal-type Pokémon. Finn quickly ran toward the kerfuffle, with Dylan tagging behind the Piplup - ready for battle, as a screech escaped from the girl's mouth.

INVENTORY
pokeballs (5x), pokedex

Last edited:

FireSnow

Years
Taillow in Need Pt. 1

Cyrus
Spoiler:

Badges
Spoiler:

Cyrus was getting bored. They had been walking for a couple hours now without much going on. They had passed a group of kids not too long ago but other than that, he and Titus hadn't seen hide nor tail of life.

"What kind of journey is this? I thought it was supposed to be an exciting time full of adventure?"Cyrus looked down at Titus, "How else are we supposed to grow and become the best of the best?" Titus just shrugged his shoulders as he walked.

It was then that the two partners heard something, like a faint chirping sound.

"Tai! Taillow!"

The pair looked at each other. It was the first sign of life they had encountered.

"Let's go!"

Cyrus and Titus quickly hurried their pace as they headed towards the sounds.

"Taillow! Taillow! Tai!"

The sounds were getting louder now.

"Hurry up Titus! Those chirping sounds should be coming from past these bushes!"

The pair burst through the bushes and were surprised at what they saw. Before them were about half a dozen young Taillow, all chirping. They all looked scared and excited. One was nervously flapping its wings, like it wanted to fly but couldn't. Another was pecking at the tree they were huddled under. There was even one who must've given and been quite hungry as it dug at the ground, picking out worms and other small bugs for its enjoyment. Cyrus was stoked. This would be some perfect training for him and Titus.

"You ready Titus?"

"Chim"

His partner let out coldly. Clearly he was ready for a battle. Something clicked in Cyrus' head though. Why are these Taillow on the ground? They are fairly young and clearly aren't the best flyers if they're even able to." Cyrus inquired, "And where's the mother, Swellow? Shouldn't she be here taking care of them?" This whole situation was confusing Cyrus. Then he remembered.

That group of kids.

Maybe they would know something. With that, Cyrus turned and began walking briskly. He needed to catch up to those kids before they got too far.

Little did he know, one of the young Taillow had decided to follow him, keeping itself hidden in the bushes.​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Paige Perrary
4.png

> Route 116

The Charmander was perfect. His scales were healthy, his eyes were bright, the flame on his tail was intense. But he seemed so restless and tense. Every sound from the grass next to the road on Route 116 made him jump and the tip of his tail give out a tiny smoke cloud. It had only been an hour since they looked each other in the eyes for the first time, and Paige had a good feel about them, but something was clearly wrong. Finally, she stopped walking, so abruptly that the lizard almost bumbed into her leg. She crouched down to his level and he immediately looked as if he believed he had done something wrong and would get a scolding.

"Hey, buddy. Is it possible... That you have never been out in the wild before?"

Charmander blinked with his big blue eyes... before slowly nodding. She found that amazing, that simple gesture. Because it wasn't actually an easy question she had posed. Charmanders were a very intelligent species; most of the starters the professor gave out were. He was able to understand her human Hoennitian speech, even if she didn't understand his. Yet.

"It's alright," she said and gingerly reached out a hand to rub his bald head. He seemed to enjoy the gesture and smiled a little bit at the touch. "The outdoors is really nice. Feel the breeze, brother."

She stood up and looked towards the sky before she closed her eyes and just took a deep breath for a moment. After a few seconds, she looked down and saw her pokémon do the same. His breathing was calmer now, and the hint of a smile was still there. Paige knew then that she had nothing to worry about. This little fellow was very intelligent, and they would become a great team one day. She and her little pokémon bro.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Robin Morris Featuring Dylan Thompson
Route 116
Chapter 1.2 | A Daring Rescue

Current Party:
007_zpsuttj1n0e.png
Coral
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Robin was midly intrigued by this turn of events. The last thing she expected was for this boy and his Piplup to suddenly come running to the little girl's aide. The brown-haired girl had figured that she would have to look for someone to help her fend off all the wild Bunnelby horde that was surrounding the child. The fact that this oppurtunity presented itself was going make things much easier.

"Alright, Coral... Looks like things are gonna go pretty smooth for us in this situation. You ready to be a hero?" Robin questioned, looking down at her Squirtle with a grin. The Squirtle bounced up and down on his tail in delight, giving Robin a quick thumbs up before rushing towards the impending battle. Robin followed behind, her hands in her jacket pockets. "Don't really know how strong this Piplup is or how good his trainer is, but... I'm sure we can work something out."

Dylan haphazardly rushed to his Piplup's side, noticing a girl with a Squirtle also came to the aid of the little girl. The penguin turned its head and locked eyes with its trainer - this was their first battle together, it was their chance to hone their deftness. The Water-type raised its flippers upward, and prepared for an attack.

"Let's start things off with Feather Dance!" The Piplup hovered upwards, rapidly flapping its tiny flippers until an array of blue feathers encircled its body. It spun around, sending the army of feathers toward the horde of Bunnelby, some averted the attack by burrowing underground, but the unforetunate ones found themselves covered with a mass of down. A couple of the rabbit-like Pokemon scrambbled to brush of the feathers, but they clung to them - making their movement sluggish.

"There, I lowered their attack" He motioned to to the girl with the Squirtle.

Robin nodded, turning to focus her attention on Squirtle. A bright, goofy smile was on his face as he hopped back and forth from one foot to the other. It looked almost as if this battle was something that he had been looking forward to for sometime. Rubbing the back of her head with a sigh, Robin decided it was time to get to work.

"Alright, Coral... Blast one of these guys with a Water Gun attack!" Robin ordered.

Coral was more than happy to oblige. The Squirtle quickly leapt forward, taking aim at one of the wild Bunnelby with glee before rearing his head back and and shooting out a blast of water in its direction. The Bunnelby who was targeted was currently much to busy to notice that it was being attacked, mostly on account of the Piplup's feathers that were still clinging to its fur. The Bunnelby's eyes widened in shock just as the water sprayed up against him, sending it flying away from the rest of the horde.

"Looks like these things are gunning for trouble, am I right?" Robin asked, sending a grin in the direction of the boy who used the Piplup.

He threw a nod at the girl and rapted his attention toward their first battle, they need to focus, they were endangered - he was accompanied by an inexperienced Piplup in combat, up against a plethora of Bunnelby - for once, he was glad that someone else was battling. "Use Bubblebeam!" While the turtle Pokemon began to strike at the one Bunnelby, Finn ran towards the other one and unleashed a stream of light blue bubbles, each eminating a soft pop upon contact with Normal-type. The Piplup drew back, ritocheting from its attack as it's target flew backwards.

As if on cue, three more Bunnelby began to tunnel upwards and join the fight - now the horde was complete. "Oh..." Dylan trailed off, the newcomers didn't look pleased from the events earlier. Two of them glared at the tandem. Both of the Normal-types got engulfed in a flash of white light, granting them temporary boosts in their agility. It was too fast that Finn never saw it coming, the two rammed their bodies toward the penguin in a strong Quick Attack. They came skidding to a halt as Finn flew and landed with a thud in the ground. It groaned - but got up. "You got this Finn," Dylan send a few engouragement.

"Now use Peck!" Piplup got on its feet, it swirled its head and its beak glowed white and rushed towards the nearest Bunnelby, one of the two who attacked it, and jabbed it repreatedly, each strike dealing a blow that would surely leave a mark. With one last peck, the Bunnelby went down and hit itself in a nearby tree. One down.

But the victory was short lived - the first hit came and bashed the Piplup in the head. Finn skidded and knelt down from the pain, and the next strike of the Double Slap was enough to send the penguin sprawling toward the ground.

"Coral, Tackle!" Robin ordered.

The little Squirtle dashed forward, knocking the Bunnelby that attacked the boy's Piplup out of the way. A broad smile took over Coral's face as he bent over, starting to taunt the horde by wiggling his little butt in their direction. This seemed to be just what they needed to change targets, as the horde turned to focus their attacks on Coral now as opposed to the recovering Piplup.

"Your Piplup looks like he's just a hare too deep into trouble," Robin replied, sending the boy another grin. "Get him up and rolling again. Coral can run distraction for the time being."

One of the Bunnelby seemed to be pulled in by the Squirtle's taunt. It quickly dashed forward, obviously attacking with a Quick Attack. Coral braced himself as best he could, the attack knocking him back as the wild Bunnelby continued to chase him down. Robin's eyes remained fixated on the scene the entire time, however. It seemed that the girl was not in the slightest bit worried about her Pokémon's health.

"Now, Withdraw!" Robin shouted.

Without missing a beat, Coral quickly pulled his head into his shell, followed by his arms, legs, and even his tail. The wild Bunnelby arrived just in time to deliver a follow-up Quick Attack to Coral's shell, causing almost no harm to the Water-type.

"Now, Tackle again!" Robin shouted.

Coral did just that. The Squirtle quickly emerged from his shell, pushing himself forward and right into the wild Bunnelby's gut. The rabbit-like Pokémon let out a garble of pain as it fell back, landing in the dirt roughly from the force of Coral's blow.

"Piplup! Get up! You can do this!" He hollored. The Piplup, though hestitantly and with visible bruising, got up. It wobbled, but it shook the pain. This was their first fight after all, and it would not allow it to be a loss.

"PI-PIP. PIPLUP!" It got pumped up, although weak, it had will to fight. "Alright Piplup! Use Bubblebeam again!" It quickly aimed for the Normal-type that had feathers stuck to its its back turned to the Squirtle, who valiantly distracted the horde.

It quickly turned around, only to find a massive flurry of bubbles coming at it's way. It braced for impact, but that didn't help. Before it could cover its face, the stream of bubbles struck. Each with a defending pop. The row of bubbles marched and didn't stop coming in until the Bunnelby was down, and down it went.

Coral and Robin turned their focus to one of the remaining two Bunnelby. The remaining members of the horde were starting to look a bit nervous at this point, not that the trainer or Squirtle could blame them. Coral flashed one of the Bunnelby a rather toothy looking smile, his tail wagging back and forth, as if trying to taunt it into attacking him. However rather than falling for the bait, the wild Bunnelby quickly turned tail and ran away from the battle.

The last Bunnelby glanced at its brethren as it scurried of to the path behind them, but the little fella had other intentions, either it take out one of its adversaries or fall fighting them. It quickly dashed for a Quick Attack aiming at the penguin.

"Avoid it!" The Bunnelby hastily ran but the Piplup leaned toward its side, the Normal-type just gracing its opponent with its attack. "Use Pound!" Finn slammed one of its arms toward the Bunnelby and it fell down, landing in a thundering thud. "Bubble!" A barrage of blue orbs escaped from the Piplup's mouth and seeked out their target - the weak Bunnelby. One after the another, the bubbles swarmed the rabbit and exploded right in its face. It let out a groan in agony in the ground.

Dylan huried and reached toward his pocket and produced a red and white ball. "Go, Pokeball!" he threw the ball toward the weak Pokemon and it sucked it inside in a flash of light. One shake. Two shake.

It produced a ping sound.

"Alright, we got the Bunnelby!" He picked up the ball and petted his Piplup in its head. "Good job, Finn."

"You did pretty good for our first real battle," Robin said, glancing down to Coral with a small smile. The two somehow shared a small fistbump, which Coral seemed delighted to exchange with his trainer. "You really gave 'em shell."

Robin looked up from her Squirtle, and for the first time since the whole battle started, she turned her attention to the small girl who had been surrounded by the Bunnelby horde. Her eyes were wide with shock, as if she had been completely absorbed in the battle that had just taken place. A small look of concern gracing her features as she took a step towards the young girl.

"...Kid...?" Robin questioned. "You okay there...? I mean, I know things got kinda hare-y, but... It wasn't that bad, right?"

The small child remained silent as her eyes snapped to the two trainers and their Pokémon. Gradually, a broad smile took to the girl's face before she took off running towards the two. "T-Thank you so much! I thought they were gonna eat me or something!"

The little girl then turned to Dylan, "H-hey mister, thank you, as well." her eyes misty eyes windened with contentment.

"You're welcome." He replied. "Remember, dont wander in the tall grass again ok?" he warned. "If your big enough to have a Pokemon, you can travel just like us." He flashed a smile, and turned to the trainer.

"Hey, umm," he began to splutter. "I-I'm Dylan, by the way. And thanks for your help back there, my Piplup would have been toast if it weren't for you and your Squirtle."

Robin turned to face the boy, a grin gracing her lips as she looked back and forth between Dylan and his Piplup. "Relax, no need to get your feathers all ruffled, am I right?" She paused, giving the Piplup a lazy wink before continuing on. "Besides, trainers are supposed to help each other too, right? I mean, there can't just be battling between them."

Truth be told, Robin really did not know if they were supposed to interact in other ways. Most of what she knew about being a trainer was just pure speculation from the show she used to watch with her brothers when she was just a little kid. Still, she figured that even a cheesy little cartoon like that must have had some merit in regards to the life of a Pokémon trainer.

"Oh, name's Robin by the way. Nice to meet ya," the girl replied, extending a hand out for Dylan to shake.

Coral did his part to send a greeting as well. He offered a large, warm smile to the Piplup, his tail wagging back and forth quickly with excitement evident in his eyes. The Squirtle was clearly delighted to be making a potential new friend.

Dylan took the girl's hand and shook it. For once, he thought he was coming out of his shell - all those years being locked up at the family estate - he quickly vanished the thought. There was no time to look back now, especially after a thrilling experience like this. He was his own man now.

"Nice to meet you too." he smiled, looking at the the Pokemon - in their own way, they were interacting too. As the Squirtle shook its tail in excitement, his Piplup acted the same way. Swaying its hips, letting its cape to bob in the motion. And then it cheered, overjoyed to meet a its first friend in a while.

"So, ah, Robin," he turned to his new acquiantance. "I gotta go back the Pokemon Center to heal up before heading out. See you around?" He asked, eagerly waiting for a response.

"Yeah, sure. Sounds like a plan," Robin replied. "We need to get moving ourselves. See ya around,"

Robin watched as the boy and his Piplup began to make their way back to town. She glanced down at Coral, who seemed even more pumped and ready to begin their journey now that he had gotten to have himself a battle. Giving Coral a quick nod, the girl turned and began to make her way down the route once more. However before she got too far, Robin felt a quick tug on the sleeve of her jacket.

"E-Excuse me, miss?" a younger voice called out. Robin turned to see the little girl who she had just saved with the help of Dylan. "I wanna give you something for helping me back there."

Robin raised an eyebrow. "Well, you don't really need to sweat it, kid. I mean, a lot of people would probably just take the fact that you're not hurt as a payment."

"No, no! My mom always says that kindness should be rewarded," the girl explained. Robin opened her mouth to object again, but quickly closed it. The teenager figured that chances were it would be an argument that she would never win. She and Coral both watched curiously as the child rummaged about in her pockets, eventually pulling out a blue and red colored Pokéball and some money. "I saved up a lot of money so I could buy some of these balls. But I think you'd do better with them than me."

Robin watched as the child held them out for her to take. She could not believe the kid was willing to pay her so much money and give her a Great Ball as well. She glanced down at Coral, as if questioning the Squirtle about whether or not it was a good idea to take the reward or not. The beaming smile and quick nod of the head was enough to tell her that he was on board with it.

"Alright then... Thanks a lot, kiddo," Robin replied, giving the small girl a warm smile.

"Thank you, miss!" the child replied, before turning and starting to head off back towards town. "I better catch up with him and give him his reward too! Bye!"

Robin watched as the small girl took off running back towards town. With a sigh and small chuckle, she turned and started walking back across Route 116. It had barely been two hours and already this was turning into quite the eventful journey...

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Danielle Metts

Route 116 - Part 2
On her way to confront the people battling Danielle repressed a little bit of the rage she was feeling. Getting angry right off the bat did no-one any good, she would have to approach this at least appear calm and collected. Pushing her way through the little bit of overgrowth separating the path from the wilds, she caught a look of the people battling for the first time. She was certain that she had passed by the two on the trail earlier, and during that time they had been all lovey-dovey. Why were they going at each other so fiercely now?

Auugh, it didn't even matter why they were fighting, they were going after each other too ferociously. The woman's Roselia and the man's Lombre were caught up in the owner's emotions themselves, attacking without a care about the other or anyone near them. Poison Stings, Water Guns, and Mega Drains flew wildly off target, soaring out of sight into the areas beyond the roads. This had to stop before any Pokemon or people got hit and injured.

"Excuse me, can you stop that?" Danielle asked, maintaining a polite demeanor but speaking loud enough to be heard clearly. "You nearly my Pokemon and I."

"Sorry, this doesn't concern you." The woman shouted back before commanding her Pokemon to do another Poison Sting. The move went wide again, and the man had to duck to avoid it.

"Are you trying to hit me Audrey?! I'd believe you almost hit someone with that aim." The guy shouted back.

"Shut it, Ryker. It was probably one of your attacks, seeing as you can't even manage to land a job, much less an attack."

Well, actually it was your Poison Stings Danielle thought to herself, but saying that would only make them more angry most likely.

"Look, it doesn't matter if this concerns me or not," She pleaded, running out of patience fast with this stupid couple, "you're going to hurt someone like this."

"If you don't want to get hurt, mind your own business." Ryker snapped back right before ordering another Nature Power towards the Roselia. The small balls of light shaped themselves into several small seeds, which his target dodged easily. The seeds flew into a small gathering of shrubs nearby and created a loud slamming sound when the impacted with the ground.

As soon as the last of the seeds fell, a small pack of Poochyena emerged from the shrubbery, growling. Danielle noticed Dom had positioned himself once more in front of her, taking another protective stance. Looking over the pack, one of the Poochyena in particular looked familiar. The scruffy fur and torn ear matched the Poochyena she had fought and failed to catch earlier, and it seemed Dom had noticed it too.

"Oh man," Audrey groaned, "now you did it. Look at what you and Lomie stirred up."

"Me?" Ryker replied, a hint of disbelief in his voice. "Maybe you shouldn't have had Rosie stand so close to a likely Pokemon den. Isn't it you who wanted to be a fancy researcher?"

"How was I supposed to know? And that was when I was like seven! You see, some of us grow up. Forget it, Finish it Rosie, before anything else bad happens."

Another batch of purple needles formed in the flower of the Roselia, right as the scruffy Poochyena decided to charge. The path of the little wolf was right in the trajectory of the needles, and it seemed to late to stop the attack. Without even thinking, Danielle's feet began to move and she found herself diving to grab the Poochyena.

"Protect it!" She shouted to no one in particular.

Feeling something furry around her hands, she grabbed and pulled it close to her, tumbling across the battlefield. When she finally stopped and regained her senses she found herself on the other side of the path with a very confused Poochyena in her hands and it's pack mates around her. Realizing what she did, panic swept through her before she realized she felt no pain. Checking over herself real quick, she saw no needles in her, and the Poochyena seemed unharmed also. Confused, she turned back to the fight and saw Dom retraced into his shell, which was covered in the poison pins and glowing slightly. A second later, the pins shattered and fell out of Dom, who stood up seemingly unharmed.

Also around her was the battling couple, now white-faced and for the first time, speechless. It seemed to take a few moments for what just happened to sink in with them.

"D-d-did you just do what I think you did." Ryker stuttered.

"This is what I told you about!" Danielle exploded, manners be damned. "You idiots were so caught up in your little squabble you almost hurt someone! You're lucky I'm okay, or I'd be reporting this to the police! Hell, I just might, you've done such a great job endangering everyone just trying to enjoy the day!"

"No no no, don't do that please!" Both of them pleaded.

"Here, take these!" Ryker shouted, throwing a few potions out of his bag. "I'm so very sorry this happened."

"And take this too!" Aubrey added, pulling a super potion out of her purse and tossing it with the others. "Just please don't tell anyone!"

Thinking over everything and feeling exhaustion starting to weigh down on her, Danielle decided to just let them leave. She was didn't want to see them any more than she had to now.

"Leave!" She snapped at them. "Just get out of my sight now. I want nothing more to do with you two."

The couple scurried off, leaving the potions behind. As soon as they ran off, she realized she was still holding the Poochyena, which surprisingly was not trying to bite her face off. Dom wandered over, worriedly, but Danielle saw released the dog and scrambled to pick herself up. None of the Pokemon were attacking, but they still seemed on edge. Putting the potions in her bag, she felt a small tug on the back of her dress. The scruffy Poochyena seemed to want her to follow him into the shrubs.

Following him into the den, she saw just why the Poochyena were so riled up. The impact craters from the Nature Power attack was obvious, and in the middle of the den was a small Poochyena who seemed to have been wounded by the attack. Realizing she just got the potions, she pulled one of the normal ones out and knelled next to the wounded Pokemon.

"This might sting a little." She whispered to the whimpering Pokemon before spraying the bottle's contents over the wounded area. Almost immediately it seemed to have made the wound appear much better, and soon the Poochyena was able to pull itself up and walk around, albeit a little slowly.

Excusing herself, she left the den so as to not upset the wild Pokemon any more, and made her way back to the road. As soon as she stepped upon the road, she heard a small bark behind her. Turning, she spotted the torn-eared Poochyena behind her, dropping into a battle stance. It took a second to process what it wanted, but she seemed to understand what it wanted.

"Do you want to battle again?"

A small bark confirmed his intentions. Looking over to Dom, who nodded his approval, took up a battle stance again.

"Okay Dom, just like last time. Use Absorb!"

The spores of light flooded from Dom, and it seemed like the Poochyena made very little effort to dodge the attack. The wild Pokemon returned with a weak tackle, lacking the impact of the one earlier.

"Okay, try one more tackle back!"

Dom impacted with the Pokemon, launching it across the road. Ready this time, she pulled one of the Pokeballs from her bag's front pocket and prepped it. As soon as she saw the Poochyena get back up, she tossed it at it. The ball landed atop the Pokemon, and instantly the balled opened and absorbed it. Giving a few small shakes, the Pokeball finally dinged and stopped moving.

Picking it up, she released her new partner from the ball. The Poochyena stood facing her for a moment, before sitting down. She crouched next to him and began to pet him, feeling the torn pieces of his ear.

"Now you need a name. It looks like you've had your fair share of fights. Plus you're so impulsive, ready to go off like a loaded gun at any moment." She said to him softly, thinking. "That's it. Wesson! Or... just Wes. Hey there Wes! You've already met Dominic."

She motioned over to the turtle, who trotted over and rubbed his face against the Poochyena's fur. Although he looked uncomfortable for a moment, Wes repeated the motion to Dom. It seemed like the two had no ill feelings towards each other.

"Okay, now that everyone's happy, let's head out. We've wasted enough time here."

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Rose Burnes Chapter 1.2 - A rose for a Rose

R_zpsgsdjy5oe.png

"I like him." Rose declares to Keaton. The smile that formed on her face during their battle was yet to subside, and likely wouldn't for some time. "Hope we see him again."

"Quil!" The fire mouse nods in agreement.

"Now, ready to get back to the mission at hand?" They were on a roll, and hopefully they could keep it going long enough to find and capture a grass type. Again, Keaton nods, and settles himself on his trainer's shoulder for a better view of their surroundings.

For several minutes the route is quiet, only the sound of rustling grass breaking the tense silence that is Rose and Keaton's search—until finally a louder, less subtle sound breaks that focused tension. It sounds like…someone beating a leafy branch against the ground?

…Yes, that is exactly what it is. Several feet from the tall grass is a flowering bush, and close to that bush is a Budew, grasping a fallen tree branch between its buds, attempting to…sweep? That's what it looks like, the little fellow is trying to sweep debris away from the bush.

Rose's eyes light up at the cute creature's efforts. The little bud certainly is trying hard, despite not having hands…or something that more closely resembles a broom.
"…We have to catch it." Rose whispers. It's a grass type, exactly what she was hoping to find, it's clearly a very determined and hard worker, and…it will make her sister incredibly happy to hear she caught the Pokémon that will eventually evolve into Roselia. Upon leaving Johto for Hoenn, that was the only specific request she was given ('be safe' and 'do your best' were hardly exact directions).

Keaton looks to his trainer and gives a tiny nod. While he doesn't really share her excitement at finding a sweeping plant, he can sense how much this means to his trainer. He hops from her shoulder and lands in front of the bud Pokémon, fire springing to life from his back.

The Budew jumps in surprise, apparently so focused on its project that he didn't notice the two. His broom-like branch is tossed aside, and the grass type quickly begins to spin in a circle, water spouting from his tiny body and dampening the surrounding area—and causing Cyndaquil's flames to shrink considerably.

"—Water sport." Rose frowns. Keaton's Ember won't be doing much of anything now—and with the risk of Budew having the Poison Point ability, she didn't dare use a physical move like quick attack. That leaves the duo one option. "Keaton, use extrasensory!"

The Cyndaquil stops attempting to shake his flames back into full-gear long enough to shoot the vibrantly colored energy towards the Budew—something the grass type didn't appear to see coming. The attack lands its mark and sends the flower bud thrown backwards. Landing with a harsh thud, Budew slowly rises back onto its stubby legs. Its body begins to glow an intense green, instantly followed by Keaton's body doing the same. Tiny orbs shoot from the fire type's body and return to Budew—who looks highly displeased.

"Cynda?" Keaton's head tilts to the side. It would seem the mega drain did so little damage that neither side felt much.

Poor thing…it sure is trying hard. Rose smiles as she gives her command: One more super effective attack should do it. "Keaton, one more!"

Her Cyndaquil jumps into action, charging for the little grass type as another Extrasensory blast shoots from his mouth. Another direct hit is landed—as the bud hardly has the energy or the strength to leap after the first powerful blow. Once more Budew hits the ground, though this time it hardly seems capable of hopping back up.
Rose grips an empty Pokéball from her belt and gives it a good luck squeeze. She draws in a deep breath as the metallic object leaves her grasp, knocking into its target and collecting it in a bright light.

Shake…Shake…Shake…Ding.

Last edited:

FireSnow

Years
Taillow in Need Pt. 1

Cyrus
Spoiler:

Badges
Spoiler:

Shortly after leaving the clearing with all the Taillow, Cyrus caught up to that group of kids walking.

"Hey! HEY!"

The kids stopped and turned around curiously. What could this nicely dressed guy want?

"Ummm hey there? You lost or something?" One of the kids stepped forward, presumably the leader, "Take a left at the big oak tree and walk straight. You'll be back in Rustboro in no time." The kid then turned around and began walking again.

"HEY! I'm from this area so I think I know hot to get back to the city!"

The kids stopped and turned again.

"Then what is this about mister? We've got places to be, people to see ya know."

Cyrus was getting very irritated with these kids with their snooty attitude. Someone needed to set them straight about who was really superior.

"Alright twerps, listen up. About a mile back there's a clearing with a bunch of young Taillow on the ground, with no nest and no mother Swellow in sight. You know anything about that?"

The kid looked at Cyrus before busting out in laughter.

"Mister, you sure are nuts. We've been walking along this path for the last 2 hours. We know nothing about no Taillow. Now if you'll excuse us, we're gonna head out now." The kids turned around and began walking again.

Cyrus gritted his teeth. That attitude of that kid was killing Cyrus. He knew they knew something but he had no way to prove it. He clenched his fists and turned back the way he came. He'd have to fix the situation on his own. Something about those Taillow all on their own really bothered him. Just then, a streak of dark blue and white flew by him.

"OW! OWWWW! HEY STOP IT YOU TWERPY BIRD!"

Cyrus turned around at the commotion and was shocked to see the scene he was now witnessing. One of the Taillow from earlier was attacking the kids, pecking at their bodies and sending gusts of wind at them. Cyrus smiled as he knew the kids were trapped now.

"You know, this Taillow was one of the ones I found in the clearing. If I had to guess, I'd say it doesn't believe that story of yours. I wonder why?" Cyrus smirked.

"We don't know what you're talking about! We didn't do anything!" The leader batted at the Taillow but missed.

"Well if that's the case, I guess I'll be on my way." Cyrus turned and began walking.

"Wait! WAIT!"

Cyrus looked back.

"Okay we did it!" The kid pulled out a slingshot and tossed it to the ground, "Now call off this blasted bird! Please!"

Cyrus stopped and turned, "Now was that so hard? Come on Taillow, I think they've had enough."

The Taillow calmed down and flew back towards Cyrus, landing on his shoulder. Cyrus walked towards the kids and picked up the slingshot. He looked at the leader and then snapped it over his leg.

"What...hey!" The kid started before being shutdown by a death glare from the Taillow.

"Now if you'll follow me, you've got some Taillow to help out."

Leading the kids back to the clearing, Cyrus learned that the kids were out shooting the slingshot at random things on the route when they came upon the clearing. Up in the tree was a Swellow and its Taillow offspring. Thinking it would be funny, they had decided to see if they could hit the nest. This proved to be a poor decision as the onslaught of rocks at the nest scared the Swellow, who could not see its hidden assailants, leading it too fly off. Soon after, the nest was to follow as it fell off the branch it was perched on, scattering the Taillow. The kids proceeded to laugh about it as they walked away from the clearing, having decided it was much more fun to hit nests and the like rather than soda bottles and apples off a tree.

Cyrus listened to this as they came upon the clearing and brought them to the Taillow.

"What are we doing here mister?"

"Well twerps, you're going to rebuild these Taillows' nest and bring back their mother."

"How 'bout no? This will take hours! C'mon on guys, lets go." The leader turned away to walk before stopping suddenly. Before him were the other Taillow. They had surrounded him and looked very angry, ready to attack.

"On the other hand, maybe a little physical labor would be good for us" He turned and chuckled nervously.

"That's what I thought. Now make sure you build the nest well. I'd hate to see what would happen if done poorly." Cyrus smirked as he turned and walked away.

"Hey where do you think you're going!?"

"None of your business twerp."

Cyrus continued walking, looking up at the sky. In the distance he could see a dark figure. As it got closer, he could see it was a Swellow. Cyrus smiled. Those Taillow would be just fine. Cyrus then looked over at the little bird perched on his shoulder. This Taillow showed great spunk and no fear about attacking its assailants. It would make a great member of the team. Pulling out a Pokeball, Cyrus tossed it up into the air. The Taillow, taking its cue, flew off Cyrus' shoulder and tapped the ball with its beak, a red light engulfing it into the ball.

The ball landed with a thud. One wiggle...two wiggles...three wiggles...a click! With that, Cyrus had a brand new partner in his quest to be the champion.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Robin Morris
Route 116
Chapter 1.3 | An Unexpected Friend

Current Party:
007_zpsuttj1n0e.png
Coral
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

"Welp... That was pretty good nap, if I do say so myself!"

Robin smiled as she stood and stretched, a satisfied yawn escaping her lips in the process. After the daring rescue of the small girl from the horde of wild Bunnelby, the teenager managed to convince her Squirtle companion into embracing the idea of a nice, comfortable nap. Really, it did not take too much convincing. By the time the excitement had all died down around them, Coral was actually pretty quick to fall asleep. In fact, Robin had to carry him part of the way until she found a safe spot for the duo to take a proper snooze break. The said spot happened to be a lone, tall oak tree surrounded by a couple of bushes.

"Well, now that we're all rested up I guess it's time to get moving, right partner?" Robin asked, glancing down at her Squirtle. Coral offerred a the teenage girl a quick thumbs up, a toothy-grin gracing his face all the while. Robin took that as Coral's eagerness to resume the journey and gave him a small grin back. "Alright then, let's get moving, Coral."

Robin knelt down, gathering up her belongings before she and Coral would set off. She was about to grab her backpack, which during her nap Robin discovered made quite the handy pillow, when the sudden rustling of the nearby bushes caught her attention. Coral also seemed to be alerted to the shaking bush, as he turned to stare intently at the bushes. His tail even went as far as to bob up and down, as if he was anticipating on something jumping out to attack. Glancing back at her Squirtle, Robin gave the small water-turtle a silent nod. He crept slightly closer to the bush, both he and Robin trying to make as little noise as possible as they leaned forward towards it. Raising her three fingers up to Coral, Robin began to slowly count down... As soon as her dropped the last finger, the trainer was quick to grab the bushes and push the leaves and branches aside.

"Aha! Come on out!" the trainer shouted.

Coral was quick to jump in between the bush and his trainer. His small cheeks were puffing out, clearly full of water and ready to blast whatever creature was trying to get the jump on his trainer. What the duo found waiting for them inside the bush was not exactly a fierce creature with blood lust intent. Rather, it was a wild Bunnelby... a vaguely familiar one at that. Robin narrowed her eyes, trying to analyze the Bunnelby and pick up on just where she remembered it from. Suddenly, her eyes lit up as it dawned on her.

"Wait a second... You're that Bunnelby that was part of the horde from earlier," she stated, raising an eyebrow at the creature. "The one that turned tail and ran away after all your fellow rabbits got whipped."

The Bunnelby looked down as Robin identified it. A small look of shame gracing its features. The wild Bunnelby even went as far as to kick a small cloud of dust up. The sound of Coral's footsteps coming closer quickly alarmed the wild Bunnelby. It suddenly looked incredibly worried, as if it was about to meet a horrific end at the hands of Robin and Coral. The trainer frowned, crossing her arms over her chest as she observed the Bunnelby. Robin had to admit that she felt somewhat like a bully at that point. It was clear that the wild Bunnelby was not exactly the most courageous Pokémon. After all, she figured the guy would have to be severely lacking in guts if he was able to run off and leave the rest of his team to be worked over. Well, it was either that or he was a lot smarter than the rest of the Bunnelby horde. Regardless, it was the Bunnelby's obvious fear and hesitance that caused Robin to reconsider her stance in potentially battling the little guy.

Sighing, Robin stood up and glanced down at Coral. "Stand down, bud. I'd feel like a real Muk-ball if we were to try and fight this guy now." Coral nodded in response, slowly swallowing his cheek-full of water. Robin swung her backpack over her shoulder and shot a weak grin to the wild Bunnelby. "Sorry about that, pal... Don't get your whiskers in a bunch or anything, okay? Just... hop on off. You're safe, okay?"

The wild Bunnelby stood silently, watching as Coral and Robin began to walk off and down the route away from it. A small look of hesitation graced its features for a moment, the wild Pokémon poking his front paws together as he did so. After just a few seconds, the wild Bunnelby quickly hopped forward and towards the duo. Robin was oblivious to the approaching wild Bunnelby, but not so much Coral. The Squirtle paused in his steps, turning to face the Bunnelby curiously. As soon as Bunnelby saw Coral staring at it, it immediately stopped dead in his tracks. Clearly, the rabbit-like Pokémon expected the Squirtle to attack it. Instead of that attack however, all Coral did was flash it a warm, friendly smile. It seemed that Robin finally noticed what was going on as well. The trainer turned and quietly began to watch the interaction between her Squirtle and the wild Bunnelby with interest. Bunnelby began to nervously twitch as Coral approached it, flinching as the Squirtle extended his hand towards the wild Pokémon. Bunnelby's eyes snapped shut, expecting to be attacked again... an attack that never came. Slowly, the wild Bunnelby oppened its eyes to see Coral still smiling at him warmly, hand still extended. It glanced back and forth, first at the smile on Coral's face and then down to his extended hand. This carried on for a few moments, before gradually the Bunnelby reached forward and took the the Squirtle's hand with his paw. Coral gurgled in delight, sharing a hearty handshake with the wild Pokémon. This seemed to help Bunnelby out as well, it flashing Coral a small smile of its own.

"Well, looks like you two made friends pretty quick," Robin mused, kneeling down to Coral and the Bunnelby's level as she spoke. "You seemed so scared, but... you're following us anyways... You wanna tag along?"

The Bunnelby stared Robin in the eyes, watching as she too extended her hand in a similar fashion as Coral did. She offered the wild Bunnelby her own smile, trying her best to calm his nerves and show that she too meant no ill intent to the rabbbit-like creature. Slowly, Bunnelby bounced forward. It leaned forward, sniffing Robin's hand as if that was his main means of inspecting the girl for safety. Eventually the Bunnelby must have been appeased, as it placed its paw into Robin's hand.

"You know, if you wanted to tag along all you had to do was ask... or you know, whatever it is you would do in that kinda situation," Robin explained. She reached down into her bag, pulling out an empty Pokéball and held it out towards the wild Bunnelby. It looked a little unsure of itself, glancing at the ball cautiously before looking back at Robin. "If you wanna come along, I gotta catch you. You know, just to make sure no one can take you from me."

Coral bounded forward, giving the wild Bunnelby a pat on the back in order to reassure its worry. The smile on his face seemed to do the trick as Bunnelby's frazzled nerves calmed back down once more. Closing its eyes for a moment and giving a soft nod, the wild Pokémon stepped forward and pressed his nose into the button on the center of the Pokéball. The capsule opened, a beam of red light enveloping the wild Pokémon before it pulled it inside. The ball did not even shake before the light in the middle calmed, a clear sign that the Bunnelby was being caught willingly, without a fight. Then, just as soon as she had caught it, Robin pressed the button on the ball and let the now-captured Bunnelby back out.

"Now... Since we're all buddies, let's get this show on the road, yeah?" Robin suggested. She offered her arm to the Bunnelby, giving him another smile. "Come on, you can hitch a ride."

The Bunnelby beamed as it hopped onto Robin's shoulder. It glanced down, Coral giving him a thumbs up as the trainer and her two Pokémon resumed their journey. Clearly, Bunnelby was happy that this was one risk it decided to take.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Rusturf Tunnel​
t6UuvnS.jpg

As with much of the Hoenn Region, Rusturf Tunnel has changed quite a bit over the years. Instead of the straight shot cavern that it used to be, it has been expanded into a series of various tunnels and passages for mining purposes. It can be quite easy to get lost within the cave's long and winding paths, and the rocky terrain certainly doesn't make walking around easier.

For all of its problems, the Tunnel has become quite popular with Rock Pokemon enthusiasts and explorers in general, as there have been rumors that some have found the fossilized remains of ancient pokemon within Rusturf Tunnel's walls. It is also a popular place for Hiking Trainers to both train themselves and their pokemon, as the difficult terrain provides a challenge for both.

The cave's selection of pokemon does no favors for aspiring trainers, as it leads directly to Verdanturf Town, the home of the region's grass-type gym leader.

Available Pokémon

whismur.gif
geodude.gif
diglett.gif
phanpy.gif

sandshrew.gif
rhyhorn.gif
nosepass.gif
cubone.gif
makuhita.gif
machop.gif

Special: may only be caught in specific mission
larvitar.gif
onix.gif

Missions

You can choose out of any of the missions below. Be sure to claim missions in the OOC thread to let me and the other players know which one you are doing. You may joint post or collaborate on these missions with other players, but two players may not write for a single mission separately. Also, know that you aren't limited to just these missions. You can make posts catching pokémon, battling a trainer or exploring the route for yourself. I purposefully made fewer missions than there are players because I'd like for you guys to have some fun with this and not be restrained by these things. The missions are only here to serve as a plot point for you to write off of :3

Mission 1: A group of construction workers are blasting their way into finishing a new tunnel. Problem is, they've run into a rather large colony of Whismur. Now it's a battle for the colony's home vs. the progression of the tunnel. It's up to you to decide on which side you take. Reward - 5,000 P or Choice of Evolutionary Stone

Mission 2: Near the front of the tunnel, a rather crazed looking man runs up to you with an offer of adventure and excitement in exchange for your protection from the cave's wild pokemon. Who is this man? Why it's the Fossil Maniac of course. Join him on a journey into the caverns of Rusturf Tunnel to find the fossils that he so loves. Reward - Choice of Fossil

Mission 3: Little Joey was dared by his friends to journey to the other side of the tunnel by himself. Unfortunately for him, he came with no pokemon... or map. This calls for a trainer's assistance. Reward - 2 Great Balls + 2 Potions

Mission 4: The former Sinnoh gym leader, Roark, has journeyed to Rusturf Tunnel for some research on the cave environment's recent expansion. If you talk to him and impress him, he may have a gift for you. Limited to 1 Character Reward - Larvitar

Mission 5:
Deep within the tunnel there have been a series of unnatural rumblings. Rumor has it that a pokemon, not normally found in the tunnel has taken up residence in the cave's lowest caverns. Whatever it is... it sounds big. Limited to 2 Characters Reward - Onix or TM 71 (Stone Edge)

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Rose Burnes Chapter 2.1 - The Greatest Adventure Ever?!

Untitled_zps7wnfnuni.png

155.gif
406.gif

"Yes!" Rose calls out in victory as the Pokéball stops shaking. Keaton whirls around on his hind legs, leaping into the air beside his trainer, and tapping his paw delicately against her palm. With a vibrant smile, Rose picks up the Pokéball and holds it between her hands. "Thank you." She whispers to the tiny creature inside, before tucking the ball onto her belt loop. "Take a rest for a little while." While she wanted to call her new Pokémon out and begin bonding with it, she doubted that's what Budew wanted, after taking those super effective.

Twirling on her toes to face Keaton once more, Rose points towards their next objective: Rusturf Tunnel. "Still up for it?"

"Cyn-da!" Keaton calls forth the flames from his back to show his excitement.
"That's what I like to see. Let's go." Rose begins the trek towards the tunnel, Keaton trotting along beside her. The two are just about to take their first step into the rocky path—when something comes running towards them from the side.

"You there!" Cries a rather…crazed looking man.

"Um…us?" Rose asks hesitantly. Please don't let it be us.

"Yes!"

Crap. "Y-es?"

"I can tell you're the kind of person that craves adventure! Am I right?"

Rose delicately taps her side, calling Keaton into her arms. If it turns out this guy has been following her, he's going to get a blast of Extrasensory right in the face. "That's…right."

"Perfection! Now, what if I were to tell you that your grandest adventure yet lies within this tunnel?"

He's speaking—yelling, her language. "I'm listening."

"Within these walls lie the bones of Pokémon long gone. If you would be so kind as to guard a humble fossil maniac through the dangerous darkness, I promise you more all the excitement your heart can handle."

Cards on the table: Going deep into the tunnel in search of fossils sounds a whole lot more interesting than walking across, just to get to the other side. Her mind begins reeling with thoughts of what wonders this tunnel might hide within its depths. Slowly, Rose's hesitant expression eases into an enthusiastic smile—just…not as enthusiastic as the maniac's. Her aunt told her about this particular type of trainer years ago. Apparently they mean no harm, and are not to be kicked in the shins.

"You've got yourself a deal, Mr. Maniac."

"Bless you, sweet girl! Follow me, we've not a moment to lose!" The man hurriedly steps through the tunnel's entrance, with Rose walking just a few steps behind.

"Guess we've not a moment to lose." She smiles to the Cyndaquil in her arms, picking up her pace to catch up to her new traveling companion.

Last edited:

FireSnow

Years
The Monster in the Tunnel

Cyrus
Spoiler:

Badges
Spoiler:

Cyrus picked up the ball and looked at it, clearly thinking about something.

"Fitch...yes, Fitch. That'll be your name."

Smiling, Cyrus put the ball away and continued walking. That little Taillow, though young, had the heart of a champion and the desire to be strong, exactly what Cyrus was looking for. As he walked, he decided to learn more about his Taillow. Pulling out his Pokedex, he put in the required information.

"Hmm, so its got Peck, Quick Attack and Double Team." Cyrus murmured to himself, "I can work with this. Plenty of strategies to employ in battles."

Lost in his thoughts about strategies, Cyrus didn't notice the man yelling at him until he was basically on top of him. Jumping back in surprise at the yelling, Cyrus looked up at the man blocking his way towards what appeared to be the Rusturf Tunnel, his route to Verdanturf Town.

"Where do you think you're going kid! Haven't you heard!?"

Cyrus looked at the man quizzically, "Heard what?"

The man raised his arms wide and above his head, "That there's a huge monster living in this here tunnel! Its not a safe place for kids like you."

"Huge monster you say?" The gears inside Cyrus's head began turning. It had to be a Pokemon and if it is was big as the man was saying then Cyrus just found the next member of his team.

"People are saying this monster burrows underground before striking and then plows up through the ground and attacks. Rumors say it might even eat you!" The man looked down at the empty space in front of him before whipping his head around, "Hey! HEYYYY! Where are you going!?"

"Where does it look like? I'm gong to go catch this so called monster."

Walking straight ahead into the tunnel, Cyrus immersed himself in the darkness.

Back