• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Lets all sit down for a couple or so minutes and appreciate the funkiest Grease sounding shit to come out of Japan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-M8Tgn1imk
Just listen to that chorus, pure perfection. And like always, the best parts are after the op section. Which was already amazing. I mean just listen to it after the 3 minute mark, pure bliss.

Years
Lets all sit down for a couple or so minutes and appreciate the funkiest Grease sounding shit to come out of Japan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-M8Tgn1imk
Just listen to that chorus, pure perfection. And like always, the best parts are after the op section. Which was already amazing. I mean just listen to it after the 3 minute mark, pure bliss.

Video is not available in my country. :\

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Weekly reminder to everyone to just jump ship to Dragon Ball Super. No point in resisting the urge, if you can watch One Piece you can watch this. Current Arc has official past the point of no return, the hype is too strong, there is no predictable way for this to end, or continue, its all good from here on out. Major spoilers but if you have seen the recent ep, you know why I am so excited for this arc.
Spoiler:

Years
>if you can watch one piece you can watch this

HcSKU06.jpg

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Aren't they only airing Kai? The manga is the best way to do it imo since it's not as long feeling as the anime and you can read stuff like Jaco afterwards.

Years
Aren't they only airing Kai? The manga is the best way to do it imo since it's not as long feeling as the anime and you can read stuff like Jaco afterwards.

Kai is basically the original series with the filler cut out, though. At least the DBZ portion of the original story anyway. Watching it also doesn't preclude you from reading Jaco, which actually got a US English release (which I happen to own and have read).

And the manga is a whopping 520 chapters. That's actually a pretty long series. It's nearly 200 chapters longer than the longest series I've completed (granted, it's only got 4 more volumes than said series), and also nearly 200 chapters more of reading than I've made it into any series that actually has multi-page chapters so far.

Genesystem

Beef Alternative
Years
Well, the abridged series is, really.

But yeah, the manga's pretty solid and is the best way to experience straight Toriyama and no BS. But the anime has cars, so I mean, it's a real give and take.

Years
I don't really rank anime that seriously but yes, I prefer One Piece to Dragon Ball by a large margin.

Not that Dragon Ball isn't fun though. I'm sure I'd like DBZ (I've read the manga, would probably prefer the anime even with them dragging it out) and probably even Super. I mean, I watched and read Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, I don't think any shounenshit series is really beyond me.

Well, Fairy Tale is beyond me from a plot point of view. I just look at the boobies and read the between arc/special chapters nowadays. Better for sanity.

Years
But both One Piece and Dragon Ball Z have the same lack-of-plot issue. And I'm an avid reader of Fairy Tail, and I can say that it was tons better for the first few arcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back