dearman4

Age 26
Male
Michigan
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
168 posts
1.6 Years
Hi again! I have a question. Is there supposed to be a way to evolve Clamperl?
Taken from the README:
367 Huntail Evolve Clamperl (Moon Stone)
368 Gorebyss Evolve Clamperl (Water Stone)

if they aren't working for some reason, double check that you are using the latest version, I just tested the 7.34 version and they are working in there!

Zero-G

on the fly

Male
outer space.
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
102 posts
1 Years
fair enough on the issue of Secret Power, I figured I'd bring it up. On the matter of mudkip there isn't any place actually thats muddy in Emerald as Muddy terrain didn't become a thing until Diamond and Pearl. You might have to add custom marsh tiles to make Mudkip fit in anywhere.
To be fair, based on the Marshtomp and Swampert pokedex entries, I think adding Mudkip to a near-coastal spot (say the thingamajingle patch on Route 115) or Route 104 even if I'm not really a fan of Torchic and Mudkip on the same route would make sense.

dearman4

Age 26
Male
Michigan
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
168 posts
1.6 Years
Downloaded the zip file, but the only patches in the main folder are ones that either have no day/night in battle, or that have no day/night cycle at all. Is that supposed to be like that?
Yes I should have mentioned that, for some reason the full day/night in battle version crashes upon entering Fortree's Gym, once I can fix that I will include it again!
Male
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
74 posts
3.1 Years
Hi! I tried to play this game on the MyBoy! Emulator but it doesn't recognize the .zip as a GBA file. I was wondering if there are any possible workarounds for this, apart from running VBA on my laptop? Unless there aren't, then can this ROM hack be made playable on MyBoy?
This is only a patch, you need to obtain the ROM somewhere else and apply the patch to it.

dearman4

Age 26
Male
Michigan
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
168 posts
1.6 Years
Hi! I tried to play this game on the MyBoy! Emulator but it doesn't recognize the .zip as a GBA file. I was wondering if there are any possible workarounds for this, apart from running VBA on my laptop? Unless there aren't, then can this ROM hack be made playable on MyBoy?
You will need to patch one of the files inside the zip into a clean Pokemon Emerald ROM (not included due to this forum's rules) you can do this either on your computer/laptop using the included "Lunar IPS" program or by using MyBoy!'s built in patching system. To do that, you will need to extract one of the included patches to the same directory the Emerald ROM is in, but they must have the same name (for example, pick the patch you want, extract it, rename it to "Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)" which is usually the filename of Emerald ROMs, or if it has a different name, you'd obviously name it that) then you long press on the Emerald ROM in MyBoy! and then tap "Patch Game" and it should work just fine! Any other problems just let me know either on this forum or in a personal message :)
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
3 posts
72 Days
Hi,

Loving the game so far. Just thought I'd mention I'm having trouble finding Omanyte and Kabuto in the desert underpass. The readme says you can catch both there but I've only managed to find their evolved stages. Would try mirage tower but gone past that bit in the game so it's gone! Are they vastly more rare than Omastar and Kabutops?

Thanks

dearman4

Age 26
Male
Michigan
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
168 posts
1.6 Years
Hi,

Loving the game so far. Just thought I'd mention I'm having trouble finding Omanyte and Kabuto in the desert underpass. The readme says you can catch both there but I've only managed to find their evolved stages. Would try mirage tower but gone past that bit in the game so it's gone! Are they vastly more rare than Omastar and Kabutops?

Thanks
YEP that's my bad, only the evolved forms are present but they can be bred for the previous forms

dearman4

Age 26
Male
Michigan
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
168 posts
1.6 Years
No it was intentional that only the evolved forms are present there, seeing as how that area is only unlocked after the Elite Four, I will update the README accordingly in the next version though
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2 posts
4 Days
Playing this hack now and I'm really liking everything you've done here. Thank you.

I do want to play through the Battle Frontier with PSS alterations though. That's the only thing I would suggest working on, if it hasn't been done already. I didn't see you mention it though.

And a question... Totodile doesn't seem to be on the location list. Where might it be?

dearman4

Age 26
Male
Michigan
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
168 posts
1.6 Years
Playing this hack now and I'm really liking everything you've done here. Thank you.

I do want to play through the Battle Frontier with PSS alterations though. That's the only thing I would suggest working on, if it hasn't been done already. I didn't see you mention it though.

And a question... Totodile doesn't seem to be on the location list. Where might it be?
You're welcome! I am very happy that you are enjoying it 🙂

I don't have any current plans on altering the Battle Frontier, if someone were to provide me with a list of alterations I would be happy to implement them, I've just never been good at planning competitive teams and I would hate to do it poorly here.

He's in the README and the Encounter List, I just redownloaded the zip and checked the Dropbox to be sure. He is found via the Super Rod in the entrance to Meteor Falls (as in the room with the waterfall), though all the starters have a 1% encounter rate so it isn't unheard of to spend a bit of time searching!

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I truly appreciate it 😃
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2 posts
4 Days
You're welcome! I am very happy that you are enjoying it

I don't have any current plans on altering the Battle Frontier, if someone were to provide me with a list of alterations I would be happy to implement them, I've just never been good at planning competitive teams and I would hate to do it poorly here.

He's in the README and the Encounter List, I just redownloaded the zip and checked the Dropbox to be sure. He is found via the Super Rod in the entrance to Meteor Falls (as in the room with the waterfall), though all the starters have a 1% encounter rate so it isn't unheard of to spend a bit of time searching!

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I truly appreciate it
I might be able to go through and put some changes together if I can find a full list of all the trainers. I'm sure it exists somewhere. I've only checked Serebii so far because I figured it would be there, but I'll look around. Certainly a big undertaking, but I'll see what I can do. EDIT: Bulbapedia has a lot of them but it's not complete, and dang... There's a lot of different moveset possibilities. Now I'm thinking about just changing back to no PSS. It's how Gen 3 was built anyway, might be better to play the game in its original form.

I could've sworn I searched "To" and "Tot" just to make sure and nothing came up, but thank you lol. Took me a long time to find a Bulbasaur in Petalburg Woods. I found one before I even knew they were in there but I ran out of Pokéballs. Probably about an hour and a half of running around to find a second one. Annoying for sure, but I appreciate the challenge and I was hit with a nostalgia wave remembering what it was like to search for hours for Pokémon as a kid. It makes it more rewarding in the end and matches the implied rarity of the starter Pokémon. 1% encounter rate via fishing sounds maddening, but I'll do what I must... I'm aiming for a living Pokédex.

dearman4

Age 26
Male
Michigan
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
168 posts
1.6 Years
I might be able to go through and put some changes together if I can find a full list of all the trainers. I'm sure it exists somewhere. I've only checked Serebii so far because I figured it would be there, but I'll look around. Certainly a big undertaking, but I'll see what I can do. EDIT: Bulbapedia has a lot of them but it's not complete, and dang... There's a lot of different moveset possibilities. Now I'm thinking about just changing back to no PSS. It's how Gen 3 was built anyway, might be better to play the game in its original form.

I could've sworn I searched "To" and "Tot" just to make sure and nothing came up, but thank you lol. Took me a long time to find a Bulbasaur in Petalburg Woods. I found one before I even knew they were in there but I ran out of Pokéballs. Probably about an hour and a half of running around to find a second one. Annoying for sure, but I appreciate the challenge and I was hit with a nostalgia wave remembering what it was like to search for hours for Pokémon as a kid. It makes it more rewarding in the end and matches the implied rarity of the starter Pokémon. 1% encounter rate via fishing sounds maddening, but I'll do what I must... I'm aiming for a living Pokédex.
You can switch to the No PSS version at any point, some people do so once they hit the Battle Tower which makes the most sense to me.

As for the fishing, this ROM Hack has a better fishing system than vanilla RSE, you can't hit 'A' too early or too late and you only ever get one "Oh! A bite!" message so you can literally just hold down a turbo button while fishing and it works fine! One of my favorite additions in fact 🙂 so fishing for low encounter rate Pokemon isn't NEARLY as strenuous as it was. I myself have completed a living Pokedex in this hack and it's very rewarding and I wish you good luck with it!
Advertiser Content