• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Classified (Alpha released!)

Mechakhan

OH NOES! A VIRUS HAS BEEN DETECECETD!
Years
Hi everyone! I'm Submachine39 AKA Mechakhan and I'm relatively new here on PC. Anyway I, like many other people here, decided that I wanted to create a ROM hack. I've been ROM hacking for about 1 year and this is my first public work. So, without further ado, the details!

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B_JgxBmB0U

Story:
Spoiler:

Features (Probably many that I've forgotten):
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Progress:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Bugs:
Spoiler:

Downloads:

Attachments

• Pokemon Classified Final.ips
    3.3 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Looks interesting. Probably will get put up for hack of the month next month, if this month's precedent of tossing new hacks into the fray continues.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
any tips on beating the warp puzzle? Can't seem to figure it out...

Mechakhan

Years
So do I have the wrong version of the game?

oKrLhtS.png

Oops, I just realised that I used a FireRed 1.1 rom when I created the patch. That might be the cause of the problem. Really sorry about that! I've uploaded a new patch in the first post.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
Good luck with your hack, however, your thread needs more tweaking and information, for instance "Story" section doesn't give any idea of your hack concept, I personally do not feel attracted to the plot neither motivated to play it.
I hope you won't take this negatively but positively to improve further your experience and skills! Good luck mate!

Mechakhan

Years
Good luck with your hack, however, your thread needs more tweaking and information, for instance "Story" section doesn't give any idea of your hack concept, I personally do not feel attracted to the plot neither motivated to play it.
I hope you won't take this negatively but positively to improve further your experience and skills! Good luck mate!

Thank you for your comment! My intention was to explain the story in a mysterious way, but I agree with you that it's somewhat lacking. At the moment, I haven't got everything planned out. In the next beta when the game will be about 50 % done (Which will probably be released one or two years from now in my current pacing :P) more of the story will be revealed as well as other features which will hopefully make my hack stand out more.

Reactions: Del
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
Thank you for the amazing hack submachine39! I had a great time.. Plz tell me youre still working on it? Hows the progress so far? Cheers

Mechakhan

Years
Thank you for the amazing hack submachine39! I had a great time.. Plz tell me youre still working on it? Hows the progress so far? Cheers

First of all, thank you for still caring about this project. During the past 1,5 years, I lost a bit of motivation to work on it and finished "Pok?mon FireRed - RNG Strikes Back", a hack in which the opponent has perfect RNG and the player has the worst RNG possible. However, I have been working on Pok?mon Classified and finished content up until the second gym. But I don't think it's ready for another release yet, as I would like to give players more than just 20 minutes of gameplay. I plan to release a beta version when I've finished the 4th or 5th gym, which wont happen any time soon I'm afraid. This is mainly because of other things I have to do (school, etc) but also because I was inexperienced in the beginning and therefore my coding is a mess. :P So to summarize, I am working on it, just very slowly. Don't expect to see a beta version in 2017, possibly not even during 2018. However, I will try my best to finish it. :)

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Hey are you still working on Pokemon classified? I've seen fitzhogan's walkthrough of it on youtube and I've played it myself tbh I think it's a really good fan game and I hope it'll be finished soon

Mechakhan

Years
Hi everyone. I feel it's about time, to put it mildly, that I give an update. Unfortunately, I have decided to cancel this project, for a few reasons. The first is that I had very little programming or project work experience when I started working on this hack, and as such I have almost no documentation of what I have done and thus what there is left to do. This means that I would be better of starting from scratch that continuing on in my current state. The second is that I have very little time to invest in it. I had very great ambitions, but in the end I was just one person with limited spare time.

As I noted in one of my previous posts, I have actually made some progress on the hack, and I've decided to release the latest patch which covers the second gym for anyone who is interested. But note that the patch is likely the final version, and there may be bugs (Especially once you progress past the town hosting the second gym) as I cannot remember if I've thoroughly playtested it.

Sorry that it had to end like this. But hey! I can always shamelessly plug my other hack in here in case you want to play a finished hack that is brutally difficult.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Hi everyone. I feel it's about time, to put it mildly, that I give an update. Unfortunately, I have decided to cancel this project, for a few reasons. The first is that I had very little programming or project work experience when I started working on this hack, and as such I have almost no documentation of what I have done and thus what there is left to do. This means that I would be better of starting from scratch that continuing on in my current state. The second is that I have very little time to invest in it. I had very great ambitions, but in the end I was just one person with limited spare time.

As I noted in one of my previous posts, I have actually made some progress on the hack, and I've decided to release the latest patch which covers the second gym for anyone who is interested. But note that the patch is likely the final version, and there may be bugs (Especially once you progress past the town hosting the second gym) as I cannot remember if I've thoroughly playtested it.

Sorry that it had to end like this. But hey! I can always shamelessly plug my other hack in here in case you want to play a finished hack that is brutally difficult.

Hey man! Thank you so much for the update! I suggest you hit up this user called Hacksrepairman. He has been fixing up hacks that have been abandoned over the years or cancelled. If you pitch him the initial story and ideas you had, he'd considering finishing it up. He did a phenomenal job with dark violet and Sienna.

Years
Since this is a FireRed (GBA) hack, you obviously need a GBA emulator for this. For PC you have mGBA, for instance. MyBoy and Delta are good emulators for Android and iOS respectively. However, note that this hack has been cancelled for more than a year, so don't expect to proceed much.

Back