• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Lunar Version (Pre-Alpha version released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Ok here's some stuff I've got:
Spoiler:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
After finally getting rid of Theta Emerald EX, I found myself some time to quickly play through this Pre-Alpha, here's a nice picture showing some problems with the flashbacks, lots of problems with the tiles/movement permissions/whatever, my personal observations and some suggestions.
qoslQSG.png

Link: http://i.imgur.com/qoslQSG.png

Personal observations:
-It's unnecessary to have 2 messages saying that you got a Lunar Wing in Prof. Alan's Lab, in my opinion.
-The issue with the Player magically stepping over a door happens with every single door out of Novaris too, too lazy to pic them all.
-Lillipup should be able to learn the TM10, got it with Pickup and it can't.
-All the signs after the one in Route 2 were also useless, too lazy to pic them all.

Suggestions:
-Let us nickname our Riolu.
-R/S/E's Premier Ball Promotion (If you buy 10 balls of any type at once, you get a free Premier Ball).
-X/Y Experience-per-catch system.
-B/W's Reusable TMs mechanic.
-Sagiri's "Not so Hidden Power"
-Add at least a miserable potion in the path behind the fences in the southern part of Solaris Town, dude! ;_; ..
-Add at least a miserable potion in the "hidden" path at the south part of Route 2, dude! ;_;
-Consider allowing wild Pikachus to carry a Light Ball with a small chance, just like in Emerald.

I liked it overall, I saw plenty of times the idea of having a Riolu as the starter but the hack always dies before getting to anywhere, Pokémon Keyra was the last one that I remember. I'm curious to see how will you tell us the Cresselia VS Darkrai Plot, seeing Cresselia getting some love is quite strange nowadays.

I'll definitely be looking forward to the next versions, keep up with the good work!

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for your comments and the bugs you've found, 5q and Lunos, I'll fix these soon! However it seems like people are not really interested on this ROM hack and I'm thinking about to just stop working on it, we'll see. Anyway here are some images from the next town.
eLQI0nh.png
kGwNPAq.png
0DM54MH.png
PuCmZ6F.png

Last edited:

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
I do think that this thread is a little inactive but I personally anticipate for this hack as much as I do for gaia or other.

gail

Having no limitation as limitation
Years
Thanks for your comments and the bugs you've found, 5q and Lunos, I'll fix these soon! However it seems like people are not really interested on this ROM hack and I'm thinking about to just stop working on it, we'll see. Anyway here are some images from the next town.
eLQI0nh.png
kGwNPAq.png
0DM54MH.png
PuCmZ6F.png

Bro a rom hack becomes more popular as the time passes,its like having a youtube channel.If you do your best and finish this rom hack,you will get more and more fans everyday

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
Looks absolutely stunning! Good luck with this project!

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Hey Kostas, I've played A LOT of ROM hacks and I must say I was really entertained and engaged on your game, even if it was only a Pre-Alpha. I hope you keep it up, buddy, I am excited to play more! Good luck!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 7, 2022
Just because Lunos criticized your work doesn't mean it's not interesting. There's still people waiting for it like me. Come on man.

Years
Just because Lunos criticized your work doesn't mean it's not interesting. There's still people waiting for it like me. Come on man.

lol, I never said that. I'm glad Lunos did that. Also, if you didn't know, I'm working on another hack called Paleozoic Version, so yeah, it would be good to close this thread I guess.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Thread closed at owner's request. Kostas, if you want to re-open it, give us a shout =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back