• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: [Beta 2 Released] Pokemon Infernal Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
It keeps on saving it as a IPS file and when I right click and save it and force it to open up in WinRAR to unzip it, the ups patcher.rar file isn't in there. And I can't patch it with the UPS patcher I do have,cause it acts like it can't find the folder.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Tip: remove the "a" from the Berry script.
It looks weird, because it should be an Oran Berry.
But, it would totally look cool with: There's ORAN BERRY growing on this tree.

Also, can't wait for the new beta!

Thanks, I'll try and get the beta done ASAP.

The berry thing I cannot do because the item is in a text buffer.

It keeps on saving it as a IPS file and when I right click and save it and force it to open up in WinRAR to unzip it, the ups patcher.rar file isn't in there. And I can't patch it with the UPS patcher I do have,cause it acts like it can't find the folder.

What? o.O

Updates

Well, I finished the Lighthouse Event, so I need to backtrack to the Power Plant, and then I'll work on the fossil revivng and then complete Amber Forest events. :3

Screenshots

So basically, the first screenshot is over the first of many Pokebeeper calls you will get. However, it should take place after the victory of the 3rd gym, but since I don't always do events chronologically, I had to make it happen when I came out of the PC. It will work as intended, so don't worry. ;)

The second image is of the palette edit I gave the Oak intro. I made it red because Oak butchered some Bunearies before the game started >:0 red is my favourite colour and Hoh-oh is mainly red. :3

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I guess I'll just have to wait until the next beta comes out to play it, since you don't know what's wrong with it.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Cool game execpt...
A tinymushroom underground concelaed in a rock that makes me not want to play but i did and its great ^_____^

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Wow, it's a good thing I never posted all my hack's feature ideas, or you'd use those as well. :|

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2011
this looks amazing im downloading it now good luck hope when its finished it will be the best hack on pokecommunity

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2010
Cool updates, the quest idea sorta reminds me of liquid ocean, anyways great hack look forward to beta 2 pokepal.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Wow, it's a good thing I never posted all my hack's feature ideas, or you'd use those as well. :|

Look, I don't want to copy you. I don't even know what happens when you do all the quests in your hack. If I wanted to copy you, I would add all your features.

BTW, I didn't get the quest idea from you. I had ideas for quests ages ago, but they were orignally going to be Mystery Dungeion style, but I didn't see how I could implement with out ASM. And in my old version of my hack, I had some quest like things to do, so this time I thought I'd make it into a proper quest system with a Celebi at the end of the road. :3

Cool updates, the quest idea sorta reminds me of liquid ocean, anyways great hack look forward to beta 2 pokepal.

Beta 2 may be a long time, since progress is going rather slow. :(

Last edited:

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
Here's an idea for the Berry Thing:

"There's a ripe* GENERIC BERRY growing on this tree."

*Not sure how the system works, but that's a suggestion.

Could also be:

"There is a plump/juicy/healthy/whatever AWESOME BERRY on this tree."

<3 Avoiding Grammarz

"Look at this OMG BERRY!"

P.S. Mew uses Action Replay. >:{

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Well I started to play it because I wanted to deliver pizza and play the hammer mini game but I couldn't find ether one and I kept on dieing. :/ Maybe torchick wasn't the best choice, for myself XD
where is the hammer mini game???
Oh notice a error O.o
ops.png

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Well I started to play it because I wanted to deliver pizza and play the hammer mini game but I couldn't find ether one and I kept on dieing. :/ Maybe torchick wasn't the best choice, for myself XD
where is the hammer mini game???
Oh notice a error O.o
ops.png

It will be fixed, as I will be remapping most of the maps in beta 1. And to that, I better start mapping.

W00T 1000th post

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Just downloaded the hack, it's great so far! :)

One thing that seemed strange to me was the lack of Pokemon Center in the Bayleaf Harbour. But that was probably because I was too lazy to heal in Volataic City. :P Oh, and you probably have been harassed about this enough, but the town map isn't correct.

Anyways, i'm having a lot of fun with Infernal Legend, keep it up! :D

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Just downloaded the hack, it's great so far! :)

One thing that seemed strange to me was the lack of Pokemon Center in the Bayleaf Harbour. But that was probably because I was too lazy to heal in Volataic City. :P Oh, and you probably have been harassed about this enough, but the town map isn't correct.

Anyways, i'm having a lot of fun with Infernal Legend, keep it up! :D

Hehehe, I didn't put a Pokemnon Center there because I wanted the player to have to go back to Voltaic City. That's also why there is no Pokemart in Voltaic City. :3 The story behind it is all the goods get imported into Bayleaf Harbour and all the trainers meaning there needs to be a Pokemart, and all the trainers are from Voltaic City, meaning a Pokecenter is needed.

Updates

Infernal Legend is getting a new look. :P

New Look

So basically, I inserted some tiles from Emerald because I like them and Emerald was the first ever rom I hacked. I also chnaged the palette on the flowers so they blend in with the rest of the grass palette. I also took that log bridge from Emerald.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Mew didn't do any 'universe creating'. He was the ancestor of all Pokemawnz.

ARCEUS made the univurs.

Like Pokepal said, it was his story.
It doesn't have to be the same as the
original Pokemon History.

PS: Where does the Beta end? I can't seem to get into Crystal Cave, a rock is blocking the way.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

Updates

Well, school work is creeping up again, delyaing Infernal Legend. However, I'm going to release a beta at the 4th gym instead of the 5th. I'm also going to remap places and Voltaic City will become the 4th gym instead of the second. I'm agoing to redo the events in Crystal Cave instead of using the rocket trainerbattles from Fire Red. Also, I'm remapping and have remapped some places.

Screenshots

Yep, so those are the places I've remapped so far, into a more friendly looking mapping style. (don't complain aboout squareness, play R/S/E if you care about natural maps).

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Like Pokepal said, it was his story.
It doesn't have to be the same as the
original Pokemon History.

PS: Where does the Beta end? I can't seem to get into Crystal Cave, a rock is blocking the way.

Speak to your mother after your dad gets kidnapped. I'll probably make this more obvious in beta 2. I'll also add it to the FAQ in the first post.

Voltaic looks so good with those flower pots-? Can't wait to play it.

Thanks, I hope the flowers don't give the impression that the gym has changed. :P And the puzzle will be harder since it will be the 4th gym now. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back