• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Discontinued: Pokémon: Fat Kid [Beta 1.2.4 (21JUL18)]

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
...A comedy hack that looks surprisingly good? Dear god I never thought I'd see the day. The best part is that its a Community Hack. I just might pop up in the IRC.

KeyRogue

No theme for now...
Years
Oh gawd man, this hack O_O, I'll rate it 9000/10.

At least it's a community hack, I don't know if we can still run in this hack. (since we're playing as the fat kid haha XD.)

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Oh gawd man, this hack O_O, I'll rate it 9000/10.

At least it's a community hack, I don't know if we can still run in this hack. (since we're playing as the fat kid haha XD.)

Yeah we've come to the conclusion that the fat kid won't run and for when he is in water, he will float everywhere (using his feet for propulsion of course)

EeVictinee

Eevee and Victini just fused to....
Years
wut
yay i can finally play as a character that looks like me
First Glazed.NOW THIS
food everywhere ^^ ^^ ^^
good luck in making the hack.
God,im really hungry right now

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
bTKZ3.jpg

First contribution for this, I'll make an attempt at the backsprites within the next few days :)

(As a side note, this sprite is free to use for other projects too :) )

Last edited:
Years
The idea is very original, if you manage to develop this properly, it will be a very entertaining game, good luck!

So, as for Pokémon that could be here. Porygon looks like a perfect choice for a starter, some other technological Pokémon come to my mind like Klink or Beldum, maybe they can appear soon, or have technological events. It would be cool seeing them. Also, there is the legendary Genesect, and of course Mewtwo, but the first one is pure technology.

As for fat, apart from Munchlax, Lickitung, maybe to have more Pokémon, I thought of Pokémon that have the ability Gluttony. I don't know if said ability can be implemented or not because it is a GenIV ability, but Pokémon like Gulpin/Swalot, and the 3 monkeys (Panpour, Pansage, Pansear) come to mind.

Keep it up!

Le pug

Years
The idea is very original, if you manage to develop this properly, it will be a very entertaining game, good luck!

So, as for Pokémon that could be here. Porygon looks like a perfect choice for a starter, some other technological Pokémon come to my mind like Klink or Beldum, maybe they can appear soon, or have technological events. It would be cool seeing them. Also, there is the legendary Genesect, and of course Mewtwo, but the first one is pure technology.

As for fat, apart from Munchlax, Lickitung, maybe to have more Pokémon, I thought of Pokémon that have the ability Gluttony. I don't know if said ability can be implemented or not because it is a GenIV ability, but Pokémon like Gulpin/Swalot, and the 3 monkeys (Panpour, Pansage, Pansear) come to mind.

Keep it up!

I like your input and I think an event with genesect and/or mewtwo would be great. As for gluttony, yes we can implement newer moves and we will also. So you will be able to see gluttony in the game :]

I will be personally overseeing everything and making sure nothing too silly gets into the hack. It will be hilarious yet literate and "professionally" done. We have a team of very capable hackers working on multiple projects such as Discovery, Fluorite, Twisted Mind, and so on. Combined with the creativeness of everyone and anyone who wants to get involved, this hack will be very entertaining.
Again the hack is for the community to contribute whatever they wanna input from tiles to sprites to features to just event input like Mochorro just did.

Thanks for giving input and continue to help growing Fat Kid into something amazing!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 26, 2015
This... could have been really cool... if not for all the fat shaming

Honestly this started out with a interesting idea, but as stands at the moment it's problematic as hell.

It doesn't matter if you didn't intend to hurt anyone with these discriminatory ideas, they're still discriminatory, hurtful and unnecessary.

And if you're about to try and tell me that it's meant to be a joke, that literally counts for nothing and the more you try and wriggle out of this in that direction, or any direction for that matter, the worse you're going to sound.

Sure, it's funny to you. It always is to the oppressor.

This is gross, there's nothing more to it than that, and I'm sad to see that you're tacking it on to what would have been a solid hack on it's own.

Please reconsider what you're doing here, and that's all I've got left to say. Like, you can guess again if you expect me to reply to anyone trying to defend this.

Le pug

Years
muffled blubbering

Here's an idea: then don't play it.

This isn't Pokemon: Slave Plantation like you're trying to make it out to be. Weight is an optional characteristic to a person's body. There is no need to explain it to you. We aren't aiming this at anyone but showing the unfortunate events of a Pokemon NPC. He's fat because he likes to eat and this is because in our hack, he's our character. So you can't really stick up for a character that doesn't care that he's fat lol. There isn't any "fat bashing" just because he's fat kid. So if a hack is about Tall Kid I'm sure you'd come up with something about how giants have a shorter lifespan yatta yatta yatta. You should become a little more open-minded.
Again if you have a problem, keep it to yourself or PM one of the creators. Otherwise things like this are going to go unnoticed. It's simple and like I've said before: If you don't like the idea, then don't play it. Go back to Dark Rising 2 and be on your merry way.

Last edited:

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
I actually see nothing offensive in this, if anything it's the opposite of offensive.

You're giving the NPC who was deemed to fat to do anything, the chance to have an adventure of a life time. ~

Such saints you are!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 26, 2015
It's not the fact that I would have played it otherwise that's upsetting me, It's that you're spreading bigotry.

And I don't know what Dark Rising 2 is, but you trying to pin what type of game I'm into and passing this one off as something that's just not for me is completely beside the point. But then, everything else you just said is missing the mark by a mile too.

Anyway, this really is the last you're going to get out of me on this. see ya

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
It's not the fact that I would have played it otherwise that's upsetting me, It's that you're spreading bigotry.

And I don't know what Dark Rising 2 is, but you trying to pin what type of game I'm into and passing this one off as something that's just not for me is completely beside the point. But then, everything else you just said is missing the mark by a mile too.

Anyway, this really is the last you're going to get out of me on this. see ya

Bigotry!? Are you serious?

I'm sorry, but this hack doesn't define the kid as being fat and JUST fat. He is defined by his love for technology, Nintendo made this character originally fat and not only in one game. So blame Nintendo if you find this as bigotry for some reason.

Anyways, Meowth, you did an amazing spriting job for him! Can't wait to see the backsprites.

I can easily take some time to make some team Hippy OWs if anyone would want to!

Le pug

Years
Anyways, Meowth, you did an amazing spriting job for him! Can't wait to see the backsprites.

I can easily take some time to make some team Hippy OWs if anyone would want to!

That'd be great Riddler, it'd definitely help out. : ]

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
I actually see nothing offensive in this, if anything it's the opposite of offensive.

You're giving the NPC who was deemed to fat to do anything, the chance to have an adventure of a life time. ~

Such saints you are!

This.

Hell, I made the trainer sprite for this hack and I'm fat. Quit 'yer bellyachin ;D

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I like the idea. It's awesome that you've come up to this and it's funny too. But er the Cheeto region eh? Lol. Can't wait for moreeeee ^^

Years
I laughed out loud just reading to the starting thread, the idea looks amazing!
Physical/Special split will be key for Porygon (In my opinion) and i'm also wondering if gyms are key to the game.
Would be nice to see something else that fits the theme replaces gyms, I have no idea what though since i'm not that creative. :P
Hope to see some progress update's soon!

Back