• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Mirage Of Tales: The Ages Of Faith [ ALL PROLOGUES RELEASED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2016
hmmm you've ripped out almost everything that makes a pokemon game pokemon...but yet im still kinda intrigued, the only thing i don't really like is the split storyline for each gender i think you should have done something like had 2 characters for each gender and the 2 had to different storylines...but then again that would be a lot of work :( ...well this game looks interesting keep up the good work

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 5, 2016
Very, very impressive ideas all around. I'm not particularly keen on the religious part of the game, but everything else is awe-inspiring and just so new and revolutionary.

Keep up the excellent work, Avara! (Y)

Years
I can't wait for a release. That's when hack threads get fun and plus I'll have a fun game to play!

Not trying to rush. Take your time Avara. Make this game as great as possible. The last one was incredible and that was only your first hack!

Hope it's going well!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
Wow the story and features really caught my attention this is going to be a great game. I was about to download but i only scrolled down to be dissapointed.
I'll just have to wait patiently... pa.. tien.. tly ._.
((:

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years
Wow the story and features really caught my attention this is going to be a great game. I was about to download but i only scrolled down to be dissapointed.
I'll just have to wait patiently... pa.. tien.. tly ._.
((:

lol Saying disappointing makes it sound like you think there should have been a download already...Hmm....Maybe that is what you meant.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 5, 2016
Btw, Avara, just a few suggestions.

While I agree that implementing the PokeDex in an ancient era makes no sense, I still think there should be SOME substitute for it which allows trainers to still get interesting info on the Pokemon, such as their habitat(s) for one. Maybe there could be a journal where the Pokemon's pictures and information can be posted and obtained. A game without the PokeDex or a suitable replacement, I dunno, feels off - but hey, it's your hack, do what you want. Another suggestion involves music, and I'd say getting music from games like Legend of Zelda (basically, those that take place in a hypothetical medieval era and world) would be a good idea. This is something you can implement later.

I also think that even if you won't implement Potions ingame, there can still be some medicines (maybe herbal remedies or magical tonics/elixirs) that could take their place. Either that, or you can change the Berries' own properties (particularly the ones that are either meant to be turned into PokeBlocks or already restore HP) so they can replace Potions more effectively. For example, turn the Bluk Berry (PokeBlock berry) into a Revive, or turn Watmel Berry (another PokeBlock berry IIRC) into a Full Restore. It would be quite helpful for people playing the game. Last but not least, do the two heroes get their starters already evolved, or in their base states? Because evolved starters could make the game quite a bit unbalanced in their favor.

Again, best of luck with your hack! It looks pretty sweet and can be awesome if you do it right.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hi guys, just dropping in to say hello and stuff! No release yet sadly, as life in general has gotten in the way, and Ive had some internet issues at home. Id like to say thanks to joexv for preventing me from restarting the project entirely!

There have been some changes in plans for the release. First I planned to release one full story at a time, but I hate scripting this way and feel as if nothing is really getting done on the rare time I have to dedicate to the hack. You may notice in the thread it says there are two post-game characters too. I'm now toying with the idea of having all available from the beginning.

Instead of the original plan, in a more true to MOT fashion, I have decided that when beta time comes I will release all four PRELUDES to each character story. The various "tutorials" in-game will be spread across each so that you don't feel like you're repeating things constantly. Then, after you guys have played through each, YOU can tell ME which one you'd like to see complete first, and I'll have more of a motivation to work on one rather than taking 9000 years to do them all at once.

One of my favourite YouTubers will have a preview of this soon, so keep your eyes peeled for that! =) I will log on again to clear up any unanswered questions next time I get online for longer!

Avara

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
*sorry for double posting* but while I get to work on my custom intro, here is a sneak preview of your character options! The first two were designed to be the main game characters while the last two were in mind for the postgame - I don't wanna give tooo much away, so this will be it for now =3

auy4h.png
1z6z8ro.png
30cbp76.png
2cdelog.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
The sprites look really good, I especially like Kala and Evandor :D

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Nice I really like the hack. The story and everything looks interesting. Great way to change a pokemon game. Seems it'll be a wicked hack for sure.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
You got my all hyped up and I really feel like playing it now (too bad I can't). I really love your idea and that you make it in medieval times so we can experience how it would be to be trainers without all the technology. Good luck with the hack!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 13, 2016
When I saw that there was going to be a new Mirage of Tales hack, I nearly squealed! I'm really, really looking forward to getting to play this. I'd personally wait until Beta 2 is out before I start playing it though, since I want to play as the female character.

Nuclearkiller42

A pig in a cage on antibiotics
Years
Yay, a hack with religion involved! And I also like how we can choose between different characters instead of just a boy and a girl. I'm going to play as the mercenary, he looks pretty cool. I also had the idea of making a hack set in the past, but even before the Middle Ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back