• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Gary's Mod (Beta 2 Released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I've actually found more people that just run into walls for some reason. It's really weird is that a mistake by you, or did you mess with the rom and it screwed up the way npc's walk around? lol

Haha well I'm only aware of 3:
-The girl in Mt. Moon (fixed with the latest patch)
-The kid in S.S Anne (fixed with the latest patch)
-The biker in Route 8 (Didn't change because I thought it was funny that he's ramming it into the wall and saying he thinks it's broken)

Were there any more that I missed?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Haha yeah, I'm not too concerned with tiny graphical bugs but I'll put it in the front post anyways.

I'm thinking about it but the idea of reusable TM's seems kinda broken. I think the TM system in Fire Red is fine as is, but I'll think about the gen 5 TM system.
Instead of making the TM's reusable you could either:
1. Have a shop that sells TM's but the prices are high
2. Have a shop that sells TM's and the prices increase for the TM's you've bought (not sure how you can accomplish this, but I just give the ideas :P)
3. For helping out Team Rocket, Giovanni allows you to use expanded Rocket warehouse/Rocket game corner which has some other rare pokemon and some of the rarer TM's for you to buy. As a thank you token...
4. Just include some other big TM's in the Rocket Game Corner as well like TM26 (Equake), Moonblast, and TM29 (Psychic) that can be bought.
5. Or just make more instances of the above TM's being available in the wild. So, other than the gym leader giving you psychic, there's also another psychic obtainable somewhere else etc.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
Haha well I'm only aware of 3:
-The girl in Mt. Moon (fixed with the latest patch)
-The kid in S.S Anne (fixed with the latest patch)
-The biker in Route 8 (Didn't change because I thought it was funny that he's ramming it into the wall and saying he thinks it's broken)

Were there any more that I missed?

Actually I think you got them all, I ran into them back to back so it seemed like they were everywhere lol

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
I went to evolve my eevee into espeon and it didn't go too well. It just stays on that screen until I click off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-29-15-11-20.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-29-15-11-20.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 10

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Instead of making the TM's reusable you could either:
1. Have a shop that sells TM's but the prices are high
2. Have a shop that sells TM's and the prices increase for the TM's you've bought (not sure how you can accomplish this, but I just give the ideas :P)
3. For helping out Team Rocket, Giovanni allows you to use expanded Rocket warehouse/Rocket game corner which has some other rare pokemon and some of the rarer TM's for you to buy. As a thank you token...
4. Just include some other big TM's in the Rocket Game Corner as well like TM26 (Equake), Moonblast, and TM29 (Psychic) that can be bought.
5. Or just make more instances of the above TM's being available in the wild. So, other than the gym leader giving you psychic, there's also another psychic obtainable somewhere else etc.

You know, I think I might just do that. Thanks haha.

I went to evolve my eevee into espeon and it didn't go too well. It just stays on that screen until I click off.

Hmm, that's odd. Did you start over a new save file? Because beta 1 saves aren't compatible with beta 2 saves unfortunately.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
Yeah I did, I didn't have my original save to use so I had to start over anyway.

Sgt. Heracross

I Heracross my heart that I'm better than the rest
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 9, 2022
Love the hack so far, but I'm stuck at the S.S. Anne. I defeated two of the sailors that were thought to have the Cut HM, but I don't know who/where the last sailor is. Can you help me?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Yeah I did, I didn't have my original save to use so I had to start over anyway.

Interesting. Could you send me your save file so I could have a look?

Love the hack so far, but I'm stuck at the S.S. Anne. I defeated two of the sailors that were thought to have the Cut HM, but I don't know who/where the last sailor is. Can you help me?

In the Captain's room, there is a piece of paper that will tell you the location of the three sailors that could possibly have the HM01. Be sure to check every room, especially ones you've checked before!

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
So.... I haven't been on the forums in about.... oh, maybe a 2 weeks ( :P ) and I was reading through the thread and I noticed the Spiky Pichu thing... is that still available or only on the day of release? Either way, I'll still dl and play :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Loving your hack! I like the new story ideas, like the encounter with Giovanny. Anyway, I just wondering if you could add the new DS styled sprites. Those look awesome and it would be a great aesthetic feature. I would like to support your game by adding to my profile (I just do not know how yet). Anyways, great game and I'm looking forward to the epic complete version.

Sgt. Heracross

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 9, 2022
In the Captain's room, there is a piece of paper that will tell you the location of the three sailors that could possibly have the HM01. Be sure to check every room, especially ones you've checked before!

Thank you so much. I actually figured it out on my own a little after I posted that, but thank you anyway. I have another question. I'm playing on Beta 2 version 2.01, but version 2.04 is out now. I downloaded it, patched it, but my save didn't work on it. Is my save file not compatible?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
So.... I haven't been on the forums in about.... oh, maybe a 2 weeks ( :P ) and I was reading through the thread and I noticed the Spiky Pichu thing... is that still available or only on the day of release? Either way, I'll still dl and play :D

Yeah, Spiky Eared Pichu is staying up for the entirety of beta 2. So you won't miss it unless you wait around for beta 3.

Loving your hack! I like the new story ideas, like the encounter with Giovanny. Anyway, I just wondering if you could add the new DS styled sprites. Those look awesome and it would be a great aesthetic feature. I would like to support your game by adding to my profile (I just do not know how yet). Anyways, great game and I'm looking forward to the epic complete version.

That's definitely a possibility, it's just low on the list atm. I'm more focused on pushing out the final version and then polishing it after that.

Thank you so much. I actually figured it out on my own a little after I posted that, but thank you anyway. I have another question. I'm playing on Beta 2 version 2.01, but version 2.04 is out now. I downloaded it, patched it, but my save didn't work on it. Is my save file not compatible?

All beta 2 saves should be compatible with one another. Did you patch 2.04 on the already patched rom or a vanilla fr rom? And if the second, did you make sure the names of the previous save and the new patched rom are the same?

Sgt. Heracross

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 9, 2022
All beta 2 saves should be compatible with one another. Did you patch 2.04 on the already patched rom or a vanilla fr rom? And if the second, did you make sure the names of the previous save and the new patched rom are the same?

It was a little tricky to do, but I duplicated my save file and renamed it accordingly to the new rom. I'm actually playing the game on an emulator on my phone, not VBA, which is actually getting to be more of a pain in the ass than anything.

Quick question, by the way. As it's looking so far, will Beta 2 saves be compatible with Beta 3?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2018
so i noticed that you said all starters are available. i got bulbasaur in cerulean and squirtle in vermillion but wheres charmander?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
wheres that
Just outside Celadon City there is an old lady that talks about her deceased dragon or something. Asks for a soothe bell which is available in the place where Giovanni sent you to retrieve the doll.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2022
the download link seems not to work sadly, i really want to try this game

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
It was a little tricky to do, but I duplicated my save file and renamed it accordingly to the new rom. I'm actually playing the game on an emulator on my phone, not VBA, which is actually getting to be more of a pain in the ass than anything.

Quick question, by the way. As it's looking so far, will Beta 2 saves be compatible with Beta 3?

Beta 2 saves weren't compatible because I extended the pokedex for beta 2 to make room for megas and some gen 4 evolutions of gen 1 pokemon. I don't plan on extending the table any further so rest assured, your saves are safe for beta 3.

the download link seems not to work sadly, i really want to try this game

Download link has been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back