• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Discontinued: Pokémon Amaryllis

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
2017 is almost here. I promised an update within 2-3 months last time, so now's the perfect chance to review 2016, and to give a progress update on Amaryllis.

Well, firstly, I'd like to say, it's been a strange and interesting year. Amaryllis has now been in development for about a full year, since it started in 2015 as a Pokémon Essentials game. And, in late March 2016, it changed into a ROM hack. Since I started working on the project, I've added, edited, and removed many aspects of the game. But, I think the game as it is now is better than ever before. Many things have happened in this community, like cease and desists and cancellations. I'm glad I still have the motivation and excitement to work on this game. However, this is still a progress update, so I should show some of my progress instead of talking about myself.

Firstly, honey trees from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum have been added to the game. Some Pokémon, like Combee, can only be found in these special trees. You can find a video of how it works here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN5rRMvoo08

Also, an update on the various Fakemon that are in the game. I have almost finished designing the base stage for the new Water starter, Rousel! On January 1st, pictures will be shown on my Twitter, which is here. (Mantager_) I'd like to put out a new Fakemon on Twitter every 3 days, so please follow. But I'm not sure if I can reach that target, so please don't get disappointed.

A lot of characters also got redesigned and changed. For example, the rival in the original game just wanders around a lot and doesn't really have a goal apart from occasionally battling you. But in the new version, she's going to school to study medicine! And she needs a Pokémon in order to get to her new school safely. Much better, right?

Finally, some more words from me. Here's two tips for new developers of Pokémon fangames:
  • Don't make a fangame just for popularity, and always show your progress! It's a pet peeve of mine when projects just show their art or sprites all the time, and don't show screenshots. Maybe that's a bit hypocritical, since there's no screenshots in this update... But I see it on Twitter a lot, and I go 'Hey! Where's the screenshots!'
  • Don't go too ambitious. Many newbies to this community set their sights too high and make a game with custom region, full dex of Fakemon, and lots of custom characters. But, you actually have to make resources for all that stuff, and you probably won't end up finishing it all. Spriters and artists will be hard to find too.

2017 will be a big year for me, online and offline. I could be around less, but you'll still see Amaryllis progress updates every 2-3 months! The next update will be in February, so look forward to it. Happy New Years, PokéCommunity!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 9, 2017
I can't play your game because of your ips file or whatever or it might have been multipatch cause I have a mac.

Last edited by a moderator:

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
It's been two months since the last progress update, so here's another.

Lately, I was working on and playing Pokémon Clover, since I'm one of the developers on that project. So I didn't really get much time to develop Amaryllis. But I have some cool stuff to show off!

YV36jyH.png

The male protagonist has a new design, which is much sleeker and colourful.

9jXW3cY.png

Almost all TMs in Amaryllis have been changed, with some new moves introduced as TMs too! This will really shake up your experience.

S0ZIR4Z.png

Even Pokémon like Petilil can be found in Ohkai! What's more, old Pokémon get new dex entries, so it'll be interesting to catch old Pokémon and check out their dex entries.

5ShrMKH.png

It's worth taking your time to interact with NPCs. They may have something interesting to say!

Sorry for the short update, but that's all for now. I might do another update in early-mid March, depending on how much progress I make.

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Do you want to check progress on Amaryllis in real-time? Want to directly help with the game or see what's going on behind the scenes?

Well, now Amaryllis has a Discord. If you're interested in the game and/or want to help make it, you should go ahead and join with this link: https://discord.gg/4zBe2Az

Like always, progress updates will still be released over time

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
My bellebud evolved and it became a Kakuna. It still has all its moves, but its sprite is A Kakuna. How do I fix it?

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Hey everyone - this hack is dead. There hasn't been work in it since early 2017. Don't fret however - I'm planning for something new, and it uses most of the designs from Amaryllis. Please look forward to it.

LUXIOtheBEST

*Luxio//Hacks*'s New Account
Years
Hey everyone - this hack is dead. There hasn't been work in it since early 2017. Don't fret however - I'm planning for something new, and it uses most of the designs from Amaryllis. Please look forward to it.

Darn it! Oh well, at least you;re planning something new. Looking forward to that indeed.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 27, 2021
Hey ocean I would love it if you continue to finish Pokémon amaryllis maybe you can hit up the hacksrepairman to help you complete this amazing game thanks I know you need designers and sprites I hope you can find people to help you

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 27, 2021

Hey ocean I would love it if you continue to finish this game it looks amazing I been waiting for over 5 years please bring this back from the grave it will be an amazing game get hacksrepairman to help complete this game

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Hey ocean I would love it if you continue to finish this game it looks amazing I been waiting for over 5 years please bring this back from the grave it will be an amazing game get hacksrepairman to help complete this game

Not trying to sound rude or anything, but asking multiple times isn't going to change his answer, hacking is a hobby not a job, you don't get paid for hobbies (well most you don't) and hacking takes a lot of time and effort and a ton of commitment so the creator of this hack had full disclosure to discontinue it all he wants, have a great day.

Back