• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2 - sequels to Ruby and Sapphire!

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
Years
This looks fantastic! Will definitely be playing this. My only issue is that the protagonist backsprite in battle needs some serious redrawing. I'd consider speaking to an experienced pixel artist for this who can replicate Game Freak's style well. It'll cost a bit more (probably 25 euros tops, just a rough estimate) but professional looking tiles/sprites can have a huge effect on the overall polish of your game. Best of luck!

Matxn

Organism No. MCMXCV
Years
These screenshots are great. The hack looks very promising, I can't wait for a beta release :-)

RB11

Creator of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Advance
Years
Thanks for the support, guys. I just haven't found time to work on this atm, but updates are coming.

Only criticism I have so far is the mapping.

Hoenn had lots of big, open, spacious areas, but those maps have a lot of one-wide pathways, and everything is very cramped. Not a lot of room for mobility.

Also, are there still going to be some old areas from Hoenn? Fifteen years isn't a very long time for an entire part of the world to completely change.

Like I said before in the first post, the story wasn't final. I'm still not sure what the time period will be, but I'll figure something out.
As for mapping, good point. But the screenshots I've shown you are limited so rest assured there will be more open areas just like rse had.

Again, cheers for the support everyone. Hopefully I'll find time to work on it again soon!

Years
I think you could make the story spin-off instead of sequel.A sequel story is definitely hard to think of,story spin off or alternative setting could been much more easy for you to make.

But looks like you are progressing really well!

RB11

Years
Hi Everyone.

Sorry for not posting and taking a break from this back. The last year has been quite hard for me, as one of my close relatives had cancer, and has been struggling for a while. I've found it hard to continue as a result of this, so I'm very sorry for leaving it on hold.
I Have lost quite a bit of passion for making this hack. But that's not to say I won't continue with it. I just need to find the motivation again. I'm also working on another new hack, which I may release, but we'll see. Thanks for supporting me, and look out for (possible) updates in the near future!

RB11

Years
I'm back!

------------

here's some screenshots of the new forest map I'm working on (definitely not final lol) and other stuff:
BlMfu2g.png
i9oXOyy.png
fe4jy8F.png
E8upxCC.png
RwEHRWt.png

That's it! Let me know what you guys think!​

Years
Sorry to hear about the unfortunate news RB11. I can understand it's difficult to focus on ROM hacking when you have to deal with much more important things in life.

But keep your chin up mate and take as much time as you need with your hack. It looks really good by the way!

RB11

Years
Sorry to hear about the unfortunate news RB11. I can understand it's difficult to focus on ROM hacking when you have to deal with much more important things in life.

But keep your chin up mate and take as much time as you need with your hack. It looks really good by the way!

Cheers for the support, it's much appreciated.
Gonna try and work harder on this now that I've found my passion to hack again!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 24, 2019
Your hack looks amazing!

Good luck in your life and don't worry about the hack, there's no need to rush it.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 9, 2019
This game is looking beautiful so far. I can't wait to play it.

RB11

Years
After 2 years, this project is back.

I know everyone has probably forgotten about this project, but I recently had motivation to continue with it, after having lots of ideas for the story line.
After revising a lot of stuff (especially some of the horrible dialogue I had written previously), it's possible that a beta could come out very soon, as all maps and about 90% of scripts are done. All that is left are the final scripts and some NPCs here and there.

The first Beta will go up to just after the 1st gym, and is what I should've release a long time ago. Its been a lot of fun making it, so I hope everyone else enjoys it as well!

0iGmA7t.png
LZH0ybu.png
VMjvapR.png

[just some screens to remind you of what the game looks like]

Back