• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Axiom Version (Open World/Side Quests/721 Pokémon)

Adrevi

Clueless.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 18, 2022
Water isn't really a big deal in the hack because there's no random encounters, instead you traverse water in a Sevii Islands-style boat between a few key harbor cities for the majority of the game. If you do some side quests, you can get your own boat, but still there's no random encounters in the big ocean. The side quests and story very much don't rely on you needing to go across the water much, so I don't think it'll be an annoying part of the game.

I definitely considered a system like that for battling, but I decided against it. Instead I have 2-3 trainer battles for each trainer planned, and then those basic battles are modified to more closely match the player's level when they battle them. For example, let's say I have a basic fisherman. He has two hard-coded teams: One with a Magikarp, and one with a Gyrados. Then in the fisherman's script, I have general level ranges that decide which of those battles it chooses from. So if your team is a level 10 team, you're gonna fight his Magikarp, if you're level 50, his Gyrados. Then, once the battle actually starts and he sends out his Pokemon, it will dynamically choose the level of that Pokemon using the player's team's level as reference.

Oh, wow, that's a pretty clever system, but I am worried. It does feel like it could be somewhat shallow in some regards. And couldn't you cheese such a system by carrying around extremely weak Pokemon? (Which I almost always do, be it HM slaves or just grind-training?)

Dyskinesia

Second-rate hack
Years
  • Age 25
  • Ohio
  • Seen May 12, 2019
Oh, wow, that's a pretty clever system, but I am worried. It does feel like it could be somewhat shallow in some regards. And couldn't you cheese such a system by carrying around extremely weak Pokemon? (Which I almost always do, be it HM slaves or just grind-training?)

Team level is determined by the highest level you've ever had a Pokemon get, even if it's not on your team.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
If this gets made and finished, it is what I am looking for right now, in a rom hack.
Good luck.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I really like the look of this hack. please message me as soon as its up for download. I really look forward to playing this. If you need someone to test the rom and see if there are hidden bugs anywhere I am willing to help.

Dyskinesia

Second-rate hack
Years
  • Age 25
  • Ohio
  • Seen May 12, 2019
Hi guys, I've been working on a lot of stuff for the past few days that didn't warrant daily updates in the same way I was doing for those maps at first. I revamped a lot of canon Pokémon movesets so that they will learn some key egg moves by level up instead, so that wild Pokémon can be more competitive. I also added in a few moves that Pokémon can't naturally learn at all, but usually they're weak moves to enhance early-game play, most won't persist with relevancy to the late game. I also made more in-depth plans for maps in later portions of the region, which includes full wild Pokémon data for every map currently planned in the game.

What I have here to show you guys today is the progress I made on the Gym leaders in the Drosera region. There's slight spoilers here, but all of the information here is stuff you could learn from NPCs in-game before challenging the leader. Keep in mind, too, that the pictured teams are only what would appear if you challenged the leader at max strength. If you challenge them at lower levels, they won't have all 6 fully evolved Pokémon, obviously.

Some of the sprites aren't quite as good as I'd like them to be, so don't expect all of them to look exactly like this in the beta.

Oleander
Spoiler:

Aurora
Spoiler:

Persephone
Spoiler:

Angelica
Spoiler:

Bernard
Spoiler:

Joe
Spoiler:

Mica
Spoiler:

Mr. Smith
Spoiler:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I really like the sound of an open world Rom hack. This project definitely seems to hold a lot of promise, am absolutely in love with the maps. I wish you luck with this.

Dyskinesia

Second-rate hack
Years
  • Age 25
  • Ohio
  • Seen May 12, 2019
I had a feature an engine debugging build planned for this week but I decided to add a Skyrim-styled Day/night system where each NPC is doing different things at different times of day. It's taking a bit to get as seamless as I want it, so the debug build will be released as soon as I have that figured out.

I'm not gonna have access to my computer for a few days, though, so it'll be a bit.

If you want to be a part of the debugging team then join the Discord.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I hope this isn't derpy, but I don't see the features. Will mega evolving in battle be in this?

Years
The thing that peaks my interest was the char customizations. Damn! I assume that everyone would have high expectations from this ROM hack. Good luck and can't wait to try it out

Dyskinesia

Second-rate hack
Years
  • Age 25
  • Ohio
  • Seen May 12, 2019
Axiom is on temporary hiatus for the next week or two while I do stuff for my summer job.

I've gotta get certified in CPR and First aid for adults and minors, go two states away for staff training for a few days, etc.

Once all the beginning stuff is out of the way I'll reopen the Discord to post daily progress again.

Back