• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I think this is a simple question. How do the fall through cracked ice tiles work on FireRed?

Not bothered going to check again, but it's to do with the level scripts. Check Ice Cave's.

Basically, there's a level script that activates something that lets the ice crack. Put a warp on the ice tile of your choice to go to a destination of your choice and, once it's cracked, it'll go to that thing. It won't warp before the crack because it's not a warpable tile.

Hope I helped?

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Error2.png

Reposting because ive been missed out.

I dont know whats causing the row of border tiles to be appearing. the maps are Even dimensions
Repostin'
Spoiler:

There are the mapshots

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
Is there a rom tool which can change the starter in hgss?

Can I use other method to change the starter in hgss if there isn't such a rom tool?

thanks.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Is there a rom tool which can change the starter in hgss?

Can I use other method to change the starter in hgss if there isn't such a rom tool?

thanks.

First one, I doubt it.

2nd one, ever heard of a Hex Editor? You can use one to change the starter if you know the offset (which will lead you to asking another question)

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Three questions for FR:
1. When i will change the Town Map palette, will it affect other images? Is that palette only used for this?
2. Is there a way to ex/import palettes of sprites in NSE?
3. What's the offset of the palette of grass animation (The one that APE uses)?

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Alright, I searched the thread a few times and was unable to find this so I will ask it myself. After attempting to search for the pallet of the worldmap in firered manually I cam up with no luck so now I will ask for it here.

What is the offset of the worldmaps pallet in Firered?

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Posting another time....
Three questions for FR:
1. When i will change the Town Map palette, will it affect other images? Is that palette only used for this?

Just find the Map in UNLZ,then copy the palette offset. I think UNLZ number of town map is listed somewhere in tutorials.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Three questions for FR:

1. I don't think that any other images use it. I can't confirm that but I'm fairly certain.
2. Dunno
3. 0x398FC8

Found it at '0x3EF2DC'.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
postin for the 5th time. this is urgent...

Dude, that seems a problem with the offsets at the map connections. Is it freezing when you enter the other map? Sometimes the offsets should not be 0s; you need to give a proper value. IDK, maybe that's your problem, but if that does not work, try deleting the given maps or making them somewhere else.

Years
Are you sure you gave them a clean offset when repointing? Did you even repoint?

(Btw, you can use F12 or File>>Screen Capture to automatically get a screenshot saved in Visualboy Advance - you seem to go Print Screen and edit it in Paint.)

Last edited:

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
I did repoint them.. and give them new offsets..
could it be something to do with where the offsets are? because the ones i used were below 800000.

and, thanks, i didnt know that. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back