• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
HEY its SPG again sorry for the stupid quest im sorry if this already been anwsered if so delet it know plz but is it possible to make a base stat to go higher than 255 in yape? because i need 2 pokemon's stats to go above or around 900 (perferibly 999 though) if so what number would it need to be?

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
HEY its SPG again sorry for the stupid quest im sorry if this already been anwsered if so delet it know plz but is it possible to make a base stat to go higher than 255 in yape? because i need 2 pokemon's stats to go above or around 900 (perferibly 999 though) if so what number would it need to be?
No, not without serious ASM hacking. You'd actually need to extend the amount of data that Pokemon take up by one byte per stat that can extend above 255.

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
No, not without serious ASM hacking. You'd actually need to extend the amount of data that Pokemon take up by one byte per stat that can extend above 255.
how do i do that? plz explain on this thread or a pm

pokeguy9000

Ghost Ralts
Years
I have two questions

Is it possible in pokemon ruby to make a double battle where you are fighting teamed up with another computer player? So that you are only controlling your pokemon?

Also is it possible (again in ruby) to change the number of badges you can obtain to say four? and still include in elite four (or four battle that must be fought in a row)

Thanks

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
I have two questions

Is it possible in pokemon ruby to make a double battle where you are fighting teamed up with another computer player? So that you are only controlling your pokemon?

Also is it possible (again in ruby) to change the number of badges you can obtain to say four? and still include in elite four (or four battle that must be fought in a row)

Thanks
for your first question im not sure but on your second one you can obtain 2 badges at once but not get ride of one unless the badges you dont delet allow you to use hms so you can delte the other ones this requires scripting but im not positive what the code is but there are some great tutorials on how to resieve items from people in pokemon games

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2011
Yes, there are in NSE, but this happens:
Trying looking for it in nameless sprite editor, back sprites are one of the easier ones to spot in that jumbled up mess. Actually, since you're using firered, there's a tutorial that tells you exactly what to do in the tutorials section

EDIT: Oh yes, I just realised, it's quite possible that effect is due to the palette not being replaced, NSE does a terrible job at it, use APE.(yes it's a bit of a hassle)
I have two questions

Damn that spoiled it for me I haven't finished emerald and I was hoping there'd be something like that along the way. With brendan possibly hehe,that's be well cool

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I have two questions

Thanks

It can be achieved in Emerald (due your your double battle with Steven) but there is no existing code for that in Ruby. You'll either have to port it over, or write it from scratch - It will require a fair knowledge of ASM either way.

There is nothing that stops you from not giving the player four badges if you are making your own scripts. There will be a downside though, as the badges also allow you to use HMs outside of battle. By taking away four, you're going to ultimately lose the use of at least one of the more 'complex' HMs (Surf, Waterfall, Dive, Fly and Flash) while Cut and Rock Smash can be worked around so you don't need a badge. If you are only using advance text to alter the original scripts, then you won't be able to do a thing.

Washibon

---
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011

I'm pretty sure NSE has it as a bookmark, have a look in the toolbox section.

Where you using Unlz-GBA? If so, and you might've forgot to check the *import image" and only clicked "import palette".

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough. The front sprite worked, it inserted and the Bulbasaur sprite changed. But the colors were all wrong.
As for the back sprite, it didn't change at all, and Bulbasaur stayed normal.

Alright, Xoax, I'll try that! Thanks!

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
spritej.png

0102k.png
I cam across this problem to. The way I did it was by editing the palette using Translhextion. It's quite a tedious process and can be difficult if you don't know what you're doing. I would say you APE but APE has always been way to buggy from my liking. PM me if you want me to tell you how to change it using HEX

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
how do i add fake pokemon in the 25 spots between treko and celebi? i cant find a tutorial on it and i know for a fack there are several out there can some one help me out?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
how do i add fake pokemon in the 25 spots between treko and celebi? i cant find a tutorial on it and i know for a fack there are several out there can some one help me out?

There are loads of Tutorials for it, in actuality. One was made by a user called torterra x (I think), search for it.

link12552

decade club
Years
Backsprite

spritej.png
0102k.png

You have to save you're palette to offset: E76EBC

After opening the back-sprite through NSE's bookmarks,
goto View>Offset. Leave the image offset alone, but change the palette offset (E76EBC).
This is the palette you want to edit

Note: the palette is lz77 compressed.
NSE's default bookmark file "borrows" the Hero OW palette for the back-sprites, hence why co can't edit them if using just the bookmark.

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
how can i edit the moves that a pokemons can learn by level by level in gsc roms?, and, is possible to edit the sprites in gsc, to change some pokemons? some tool like YAPE for gbc? i'm working on a gold hack.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
I figured out why my ruby wasn't working with the certain moves, my world map move offset between Pokemon in unlz-gba. Look at the picture, my Pokedex either freeze with colors or restarts. I did edit my map a long time ago, but how do I move the offset again? I tried with several backups and it's the same.

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
how can i put crys on pokemon in fire red using pokecry? cuz when i find a tut its abot ruby and it messes up my cry that i made to can some one help?

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
so I'm hacking leaf green and I need a fully functioning thief ball... any suggestions cause I have no idea.... I want it to be able to steal other trainers pokemon (obviously).

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2011
Are Navel Rock + Birth Island unlocked in most FR ROMs? Or do you somehow need to unlock them? Or am I crazy thinking that they are locked? (I read that they are locked unless you enter some Nintendo event...)

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Are Navel Rock + Birth Island unlocked in most FR ROMs? Or do you somehow need to unlock them? Or am I crazy thinking that they are locked? (I read that they are locked unless you enter some Nintendo event...)
this is A-map 101 use a warp ^_^ find navel rock on A-map and look at the warp and put that warp on where you want it to be (write down the info about it) make sure its some where where you can get it

Last edited:

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
This may seem like a very simple/stupid question, but how can I prevent this from happening? I'm guessing it has something to do with conflicting tilesets between two maps?

Glitchy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back