• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ The Incredibly Wandering Thread ☆★ [v5.0]

Years
hi let's talk about deep life stuff, starting with an unusual but i think kind of interesting discussion topic:

what are your dreams like? do they feel realistic sometimes? do you remember your dreams?

it still blows me away that some people that I've interacted with don't claim to really dream at all. they just... fall asleep and wake up and that's it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I have really bizarre dreams but I don't really remember them in full detail when I wake up. Last night I was in a Minecraft world, that's all I remember

Aside from that, I have a lot of chase dreams (like, dreams of being chased, not dreams about user: Castform). They can be kind of ridiculous and scary, but also kind of fun because I tend to ignore physics and gravity and I can just outrun anything in my dreams

Years
Dreams, great! I was looking for a thread about dreams here lately because I have something interesting to tell you.

My mind pretty much created alternative timeline and is slowly showing it to me in the dreams. Those dreams are so real that many times when I wake up, I spent some time trying to figure out of it really happened or not. It all started with a dream about huge old underground mall just outside my old home. The thing is there was small mall just outside my old home. But it wasn't underground. The entrance to the alternative mall was at the exact same place as the real mall and exit near my current home. When I wake up, I felt so nostalgic (something that happened after each of the dreams) that I wanted to go to that alternative mall again, only to realize that it doesn't exist. Few weeks after that, I had another weird dream. This time, I was standing on the main bus station, when suddenly the whole town started to burn. I remember hearing someone that something happened to the lake that is in the town. I also remember trying to get home only to find a girl that I apparently know. I don't remember much from this one, but I have a feeling that this burning could be the reason the things are different in my next dreams.
Next few dreams could be probably put in any order, so I'll start from the 1st one. In this dream, I was walking with my dad the same path I took in the previous dream, only the other way around. We stopped by the bus station, but it wasn't bus station. It was some kind of factory. I don't remember the rest of the dream, but I remember that me and my dad talked about the events of the previous dream. Next dream I was walking path near my home. In reality, there is kindergarten. In my dream, there was some kind of school. I think it was part of some cult or something. There was also path to the forest in the back of the school (there is no forest in reality). For some reason I knew that I can't go there, because it's forbidden.
The last one I remember was about me sitting on the bench in some weird park. I don't know where it could be, but it was similar to the place from the 1st dream.
There were also instances where I've woken up and had a weird nostalgic feeling, but couldn't remember the dream.

I suspect that 1st few dreams were just a coincidence, but when I was overthinking them I created the other dreams by mistake. But to answer colours' questions... Yeah, these felt real. So real.

And to give another thing to discuss, what do you think about lucid dreams?
Sometimes, probably when I'm not fully asleep but not awake, I'm able to influence which way the dream will go or even to rewind it back and try different route. I'm not able to just explore it by myself, so I'm not sure if it really is lucid dreaming, but who knows...

Years
I've always wanted to lucid dream but a lot of the time I'm not really aware enough of my dreams to control anything in them. :s Like, my dreams are oftentimes very realistic so I don't realize that I'm in a dream, therefore preventing me from becoming conscous in them, as it were.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
So... super weird... but I actually always know when I'm dreaming (well, I don't always remember my dreams, so I can't say it for 100% certain, but pretty close).

But there's a catch: there's always something wrong with my sight in my dreams. It's either super fuzzy, like if you squint so much that you can only barely tell what the general shapes of objects are or I'm completely blind. You know how sometimes people say "I had a dream that I woke up, but when I walked to my kitchen I saw a monster and woke up for real! But then I wasn't sure if this was also still a dream"? I thought people were joking when they said stuff like that, because I always thought that people could TELL that they were dreaming like me.

I guess I can suggest stuff in my dreams but they usually aren't realistic and there's some weird dream warped state about the world anyway where every scientific law is broken, so there's no point in flying usually haha. It's weird because while I can't physically see much, even when I'm in a new place in my dream, my mind kinda just KNOWS what's present around me sorta? Like how if you close your eyes and walk through your house you know where the furniture is? It's like that? I wish I could project an image/feeling to explain better. When I'm stressed, though, I don't always have this feeling and my dreams are usually about me having to perform a task with sight (like drive a bus) but I'm unable to do it cos I can't see.

Sleep paralysis has happened to me a few times before. Oddly enough though, it only happens at my parents' house (I go to university away from home, so I stay in a dorm there, but during breaks I usually go to my parents' house). I don't have feelings of a monster or anything being in my room like some people do, I'm just awake... but I literally can't move. Feels super weird and kinda scary because it's only happened to me when I wake up in the morning or after I take a nap, so there are usually other people walking around in the house and I can kinda hear them. In order to "get out of it" I always just focus on moving my fingertips first because eventually the rest will follow. Or something physically interacts with me (my cat's helped by walking all over me, thanks Boone).

I've always wanted to talk to a sleep doctor and ask them why this could happen, because I'm REALLY curious, but you can never just email them with questions, haha, you always have to be referred to a sleep doctor for health problems first (unless anybody knows a sleep doctor???? what's up????).

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
hi let's talk about deep life stuff, starting with an unusual but i think kind of interesting discussion topic:

what are your dreams like? do they feel realistic sometimes? do you remember your dreams?

it still blows me away that some people that I've interacted with don't claim to really dream at all. they just... fall asleep and wake up and that's it.

A lot of my dreams are really benign, but they happen in an alternate version of my home city. Like buildings will be different, or there'll be a street that doesn't exist. I can even figure out where the places are in terms to the real city

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I should finish my Let's Play over in Previous Generations already. Anyways, wonder what effect Let's GO will have on Pokémon gaming as a whole and what influence it'll have on Generation VIII.

Years
The pokeball is just too expensive for me -- even if it's to get a Mew. :s That and I'm not a fan of Pokemon being behind a paywall orz....

I'm thinking of just picking up Mystery Dungeon Sky and playing through a bit of it at some point again. I still need to grind my team up to 100 but goodness that takes forever. @_@

Years
I think Let's Go looks cute, but I don't own a Nintendo switch so I won't be buying pokeballs or Let's Go anytime soon. The graphics are enchanting, and it is nice to see a pokemon following you again.

I'm really on the fence about changing over to the switch since I hardly play games outside of Pokemon these days. I'm not going to ever use the switch as a home console. As much as I want to keep up with the main series, is this really a purchase I can justify? Not sure yet.

Time and gen 8 will tell. If I take the plunge then it'll be me and Let's Go Pikachu!

Years
I think you owe it to yourself to play some games that aren't a part of the Pokemon franchise; if only just for a breather/kind of a break from it whenever you feel like you're losing motivation and whatnot. Then you're able to jump back into it whenever you feel like you're able to, etc. At least, that's what I do. :o

Going to bump this thread on over now to a random place now, since it's been here long enough, lmao.

Bay

Years
Oh hi there Wandering Thread, long time no see haha.

Since this is now in the Fanfic and Writing section, anyone that has projects going on how is your progress? If not, anyone read some good fanfics as of late?

Years
While I don't write as much anymore, I feel like I always have concepts for what I would want to write about should I ever have the time/motivation to actually put pen on paper. Although if past fics ever taught me anything, it's that I tend to focus and emphasize more on characters and character interactions than anything else, haha.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Oh look a thread!

Admittedly current project is to resume a multi-chapter that I had been planning for and that I'm interested in because it's full of new characters; that and a rewrite of an older fic that has fallen by the wayside. On the more meta side of writing the Suocéverse general is going good if very slowly.

, I feel like I always have concepts for what I would want to write about should I ever have the time/motivation to actually put pen on paper.
#relatable. Always. I mean that's one of the reasons the wiki is there and basically is a laziness enabler, in a way, I guess.

Bay

Years
While I don't write as much anymore, I feel like I always have concepts for what I would want to write about should I ever have the time/motivation to actually put pen on paper. Although if past fics ever taught me anything, it's that I tend to focus and emphasize more on characters and character interactions than anything else, haha.

Also can relate on both fronts. I've been finding hard to find time/motivate myself to write on some occasions, like when I didn't update Foul Play for 6 months. I then have other fic ideas I would love to try out but ahhh so much effort lol.

And yeah, a lot of my pieces so far focus a lot on the character and character interactions. Foul Play was born on the idea of how Grimsley and Nanu would interact. Boom, made that happen.

Years
I have really missed writing, but have been so tied upthat I had no time left to write and have been drained of all my energy. But I want to fix that!!

I have been inspired after reading some nice fics that recently went up on this site,and I really like this new review exchange. I haven't used it yet. I normally upload on fanfiction net figuring I would get more feedback, but I am considering posting here too now.

I like romance. I can't seem to write a story without a relationship or attraction finding its way into it. However, they are usually just as much fantasy stories as well, world-building is really important to me. Slow-paced stories that gradually build to their climax.

I do have a ton of ideas, but don't know if I should go blabbermouthing my plots though. I do have one I'm about to publish about the young Steven Stone and Wallace's first meeting as kids, and might turn into a series about their times together. Sootopolis Siren Song is the working title.

I am excited about getting to the next chapter of a tale I uploaded months ago on another site. It is the story of an OC who is a priestess and undertaker of sorts on My Pyre. She's actually Archie's daughter, but defected from Team Aqua and brought the orbs to Mt Pyre for the spirits of the Pokemon there to protect. I left my poor shrine maiden on a cliff hanger, where she was trying to fend off an attack from Team Magma members storming the temple.

I love Hoenn! Who would have guessed? :)

Back