• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In depth Advance Map tutorial

Fortevn

Yandere
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2018
Hi there, I'm a new member here. This is a good tut but somehow I got problems:

I tried to create a new bank with maps (new region), then I inserted a map I made before in.
- After I closed AM (saved, of course) and re open it, the map I inserted was gone. Only a big green field remains.

I tried to insert new tileset from another rom (Like, a hacked rom that has bamboo, so I ripped it off with all 12 palettes)
- After I closed AM (saved, of course) and re open it, the palettes are messed up. I did these:
1. Load the tileset.
2. Load all the palettes. (Saved each time)
3. Load the blocks.

But still, the palettes weren't saved at all. Not all 12 palettes, but only palettes 8,9,10 - The parts that I need.

Please answer, I'm sorry if these questions were replied (I didn't find an in this topic tho) if they were, please give me the link to the answers.
Thanks

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Hi there, I'm a new member here. This is a good tut but somehow I got problems:

I tried to create a new bank with maps (new region), then I inserted a map I made before in.
- After I closed AM (saved, of course) and re open it, the map I inserted was gone. Only a big green field remains.

I tried to insert new tileset from another rom (Like, a hacked rom that has bamboo, so I ripped it off with all 12 palettes)
- After I closed AM (saved, of course) and re open it, the palettes are messed up. I did these:
1. Load the tileset.
2. Load all the palettes. (Saved each time)
3. Load the blocks.

But still, the palettes weren't saved at all. Not all 12 palettes, but only palettes 8,9,10 - The parts that I need.

Please answer, I'm sorry if these questions were replied (I didn't find an in this topic tho) if they were, please give me the link to the answers.
Thanks

Click, right palette changes to rom so make the palette changes permanent, before you leave the current map, or else the changes won't be saved to the rom. :3

Fortevn

Yandere
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2018
This? (attachment)
No didn't help, I tried clicking it 72364382490 times already.

Was there a tut for creating brand new maps?

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
is there a way to get a map to the bottom of the map like the map 3 in fire red so you can delete it?

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
i use advance map 1.92 with a firered rom how do u add pokemon

they are already in
but if you wanna add other ones you will need to have unlz gba
and then somewhere around 700 you can find balbasaur and then you can change it but search a tutorial

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
is there a way to get a map to the bottom of the map like the map 3 in fire red so you can delete it?

Don't try deleting maps, it's kinda pointless because what if you have to reinsert them again? And also, it could potentially screw up your rom.

Jemzx

Guardian Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2010
Hi, I'm having problems with changing Prof. Oak's talk when he stops m (at the beggining, the wild pokemon in grass issue...) When I change the text (Hey, stop, wild pokemon live in grass...) Well I put it in certain order, and it disorders again later that I save the scritp...

Well, it has to be scripted in a specific way, or should I add flags or something else...?

By the way, what I'm doing is changing Prof. Oak for Gary Oak xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
Don't try deleting maps, it's kinda pointless because what if you have to reinsert them again? And also, it could potentially screw up your rom.

i just wanna get rid of the maps i dont need
i want to make new space for scripts and so

is it also possible to delete all maps and banks

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
i just wanna get rid of the maps i dont need
i want to make new space for scripts and so

is it also possible to delete all maps and banks

Well, there's enough space in the rom to make Fire Red all over again, so I doubt you'll need to. And instead of deleting them, you could resize them to 1x1.

·_.U

~Spanish hacker/Wise·Max·Larvi
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 15, 2010
o___O I did not know the role of Person Id and now thanks to the tutorial I am clarify =)
Thank you very much.
I'll have fewer scripts level in my hack now xD

Years
How do you change the behavior of some tiles, like, for computers. it says, "better not touch it," how do you change what is said. In the block editor, it says behavior byte: 82. Where do I find the script it corresponds to?

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
I've been using Advance Map for a while now, but I don't really do much hacking, so I'm fairly new at it. This tutorial helped me out a lot!

Before this, I only knew how to change tiles, move events, edit walking and wall movement permissions, and add Pokemon. So thanks for making this tutorial!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2010
Hey, I'm a new person here! :)

I've got a couple questions/problems though.

Since I just jumped into AdvanceMap right from the get go, I had no idea of most of its features. I had the intent of creating brand new maps, not edits, and as a result I had selected the "Create Map" button, and proceeded from there. I've made a couple decent maps with the help of the Block Editor feature or whatever it's called.

Anyways, getting back on point...

- Should these new maps I've created be put in a special folder or something like the "Header" and those three folders that show up on the left side of Advance Map with the already existing maps in order for me to test the game?
- And if so, how do I do that?
- Also I'm making this game in coordination with other people, and is there a way to export/import the edits I've made to the tilesets so that the others working on the hack can have them too?

Sorry for asking so much, but thanks to anyone willing to answer! And I'm sure I'll be back with more questions later...

*Oh and this is a Fire Red ROM by the way, if it helps or not.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2010
HEY LINK12552!! i need some answers lol if you u can help me out that would be great. Incase you don't remember my screenname i go to school with you that should give me away right there haha

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2010
Okay, disregard my last post, I've figured everything out.

I just have a simple question... if a map's border were too narrow, could one just shift the map over a couple of "X coordinates" in order to have more room on the left side?

Back