• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] [OOC] Sanctic [M]

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
Last night I realized how much NOT-FUN it would be to play a reclusive character in an RP with a bunch of other players. That's about interaction.
So I changed Leon's personality, instead of being reclusive he hides because he's avoiding his struggles, because it's a bad habit to avoid the failure he fears. This can apply to social messups or school or anything else. It's similar but it doesn't mean he would be avoiding the other Pokemon all the dang time, I think.

johhny03

Cool guy
Years
Last night I realized how much NOT-FUN it would be to play a reclusive character in an RP with a bunch of other players. That's about interaction.
So I changed Leon's personality, instead of being reclusive he hides because he's avoiding his struggles, because it's a bad habit to avoid the failure he fears. This can apply to social messups or school or anything else. It's similar but it doesn't mean he would be avoiding the other Pokemon all the dang time, I think.

I am of an agreement with this! I am hoping very much I get accepted so I can interact with all of your epic and awesome characters!

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
wow this looks VERY COOL!!

59fe3a00870788bd8799b5b7fcb4f186.jpg

Name: Johhny Roar
Species: Incineroar

Human Appearance:
63e1825ed7357315f981dddc5d3744b81287542273_full.png

Pokemon Appearance: Johhny does not have the look of a normal Incineroar. He is extremely muscular. Because of his strong muscles, Johhny looks very cool and can defeat most people in hand-to-hand combat. His chest is very broad and thick and his arms are very long and thick. This is because he used muscle-enhancement steroids in the past to bodybuild. His claws are also very long, sharp and epic. He is also always smiling, because he is positive about life! He has the same tattoo he was having when he was still in the body of a human, but now it has a bright shining red colour control crystal inside it.

Personality: He is very cool person who is very cool headed. He will only get angry for two reasons: if they make fun of his body or if they are making an enemy or making the insult on his teammates and his companions. He is also having the very humorous personality and is always making the funny jokes and making his friends smile, :) Inside however, Johhny is a very sad one, as he wants to go back to his family and his hometown.

History: Johhny's family was a political family. His father and his father before his father were all of the political background. Because of this Johhny was taught about the politics from a very young age. He had a natural intelligence for all kinds of the political knowledge! Johhny was also raised as a person who dislikes Pokemon because his family taught him to be like that. So, every day was the same for Johhny, going to school, coming back and studying about politics. Then, when Johhny was 16 he was attacked at school by bullies. Johhny was of a too weak body to defend himself from the bullies, but one old man saved him. This old man was of a very strong musculature ability so the bullies ran away very fast. Johhny was completely confused. Who was this man? Why did he save me? Those were only thoughts in Johhny's confused brain. Old man never gave Johhny his name, but instead, he gave Johhny a card to a mysterious woman, her address was the Gym in the town. When he went to the gym, he was confused. There was nobody inside there. He gave his card to a person. This person was at the counter. Johhny was believing that she was probably receptionist. The lady went to a room behind her. Johhny waited patiently. Another lady came out. This lady was very big and of a very great musculature. She asked him to be calling her, Omega. She taught him how to fight, did muscle training for Johhny. Johhny cried every day but she called him a baby and kicked him till he kept training. After 2 year of training the muscle lady, Omega went to Johhny and gave him a special thing. This special thing was steroidal muscle enhancing drugs which will be used to improve muscles! Johhny began to see results very fast, but Johhny became addicted to steroid! He was angry all the time and beat up small children at school. His parent were very very angry at Johhny but Johhny just shouting at them! He was a very bad son. Johhny fell into great depression. He was in the bushes crying when he heard one noise. It was a Pokemon! Johhny was not knowing what Pokemon that one was but he got very angry because Johhny hated the Pokemon, so he tried to kill it! But the Pokemon escaped. Johhny became sad and realize that Pokemon not try to attack him, he try to attack Pokemon! Later Pokemon came again and Johhny was scared more than the angry. But Pokemon came to Johhny and used ability on him. Green color came all over Johhny and suddenly Johhny felt very good! He was become cure from his steroid addiction. Suddenly members of local police saw Pokemon and shoot it. Pokemon was dead and Johhny became sad. But Johhny was a smart one, he pretend to be very happy. He felt like he had meaning in his life now. He had to tell world about truth about Pokemon! But Johhny was a smart one. He decide to wait until he became top politician of town, then he would finally reveal truth. Johhny tatooed himself with shape of that Pokemon, to represent his freedom from lies given by the evil rulers. Fast forwarding 7 years later. Johhny is now 25 year old and going to become mayor of town. He went up to podium to give his speech. He started speech normally but when he reached halfway through he ripped shirt with symbol off him and gave arousing speech about greatness of Pokemon! He was tackled by armed guards, and next time he woke up, he was in Pokemon's body. But Johhny was mature now, he was cool-headed ever since Pokemon cured his steroid addiction. He knew the truth and he was going to save the world!
Moves: Darkest Lariat, Flare Blitz, Crunch, Throat Chop

Other: He is very muscular.
Not Accepted.

If I'm honest, I don't think you'll be able to improve your grammar enough to be to the standards of this RP. I'm having trouble understanding your posts due to odd wording and constant mistakes. It appears you don't have the best grasp on English, which I don't mean anything personal by, but it's just not going to work out. It's difficult for me to correct and explain every error you've made because there are just so many.

That alone is reason enough for me to reject you, but there's also the fact that you told me that steroids alone were a character flaw. They aren't. I didn't word myself correctly there though. It is indeed a self-destructive habit, but the reason behind WHY he takes steroids is what a character flaw is. However, this becomes irrelevant anyway because you've removed that aspect of his character by having a Pokemon (which you didn't specify which Pokemon it is, even though it is vital to his story) magically remove his addiction.

There are other things as well, but as I've said, I just don't think this is going to work out. I'm sorry.

I've been lurking around this section of the forums for a couple of days before I joined because I wanted to learn how to roleplay -- if any of you would like to offer tips, it would be much appreciated ((:

Name: Justine Alabanza
Species: Mienshao

Human Appearance: Justine was a petite young woman, standing at 5'2", with dark brown eyes and wild chestnut locks that reach mid-shoulder and side-swept bangs. She wore a pair of hoop earrings alongside a simple hoop on her right helix.

Pokemon Appearance: As a Hylic, Justine heavily resembles a normal Mienshao with the exception of the piercings on her ears. The hoop earrings she wore as a human now hang somewhat awkwardly, but most notable is the strange new hoop at the top of her right ear with a shiny maroon control crystal at its center.

Personality: With a loud mouth and a tendency to be very straightforward and blunt, Justine doesn't make good first impressions. Due to the events that led up to and caused her transformation into a Hylic, she has begun to use this to push others away, trying her best to hold her cards close to her chest.

At her core, however, she has a bleeding heart and misses the life she had before her arrest, when she was carefree and happy, if not a bit naive.

History: Justine was born and raised in St. Faspiliere City as the oldest of three siblings. Her family was struggling to make ends meet, as her father had been caught breaking the Second Law by aiding a resistance group in the massacre of Santic churchgoers three years ago. Despite this, however, she and her family were devout Santics.

That all changed when she met Wesley. He was confident and charismatic, and the day he transferred into her class at Faspiliere High, they hit it off. They grew closer and closer until they began a relationship, and on her seventeenth birthday, he gave her a gift that would change her life.

Spoiler:

Moves: Stone Edge, Aura Sphere, Bulk Up, U-Turn, Poison Jab, Double Team

Other:
- Wesley got away with the actual theft of the Thought of Norea due to some connections within the museum staff that supported his cause.
Accepted!

But with one caveat. I very much enjoy your incorporating of the Thought of Norea into your character's backstory. I think it helps make her more important to the overall narrative.

But I'd like a little more elaboration on his collaboration with the museum staff. It appears that this was just a set-up to get her in trouble, so I would like it if you could just edit the bit explaining the connections to include that Wesley and the staff had a deal that the necklace would be returned after he got her in trouble immediately, as it is an extremely important object, and that they had a tracking device on the necklace as well so that they could hunt him down in case he went back on the deal. That would help make sense of things more.

We are to start today, right?
Yes, that is correct. I will be making the thread shortly.

Yeah, I think that's fine. I myself have some struggles with reclusive characters. Sometimes I have to bend things a little so that interactions can happen myself. They can be really difficult to deal with. (That's why I added the little bit about how my character gets utterly baffled when something weird happens and has a visibly curious/confused reaction. Because she's so naive, that everything is weird to her, so this will ensure interactions with others even if she doesn't want them.)

Due to more demand than I thought there would be, I'm going to have to temporarily close off sign-ups for now. I'll open them again later.

Last edited:

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
Just one question - which law did he break? Did he just break all of them during those ten years? Since I see you mention "many laws were broken" From what I'm reading here though, it appeared he broke the Second Law from attending the resistance group rally. If you could clarify or edit that in, that'd be good.

I was kinda going for a history where he broke all of the laws, except maybe interacting with a Pokemon (I haven't completely decided yet). Over the course of those ten years he has attended multiple rallies, removed his patch multiple times so as not to be associated with followers of Sanctic, and ultimately his physical assault on the Crusader is what caused him to be captured.

Basically he has been trying to figure out what is really going on while also evading the Crusaders so as not to be captured himself. Although clearly he failed in the end.

astraling

just a sad little dingus in a chip bag
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 23, 2018
It took a little while due to the internet being a little wonky, but edits have been made to my post. If there is anything else that needs clarification, please let me know!

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
I was kinda going for a history where he broke all of the laws, except maybe interacting with a Pokemon (I haven't completely decided yet). Over the course of those ten years he has attended multiple rallies, removed his patch multiple times so as not to be associated with followers of Sanctic, and ultimately his physical assault on the Crusader is what caused him to be captured.

Basically he has been trying to figure out what is really going on while also evading the Crusaders so as not to be captured himself. Although clearly he failed in the end.
Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

It took a little while due to the internet being a little wonky, but edits have been made to my post. If there is anything else that needs clarification, please let me know!
Whoa, this is quite good. I am impressed. I really like the little story you wrote, it makes it more believable. Good changes, great job on expanding what the Thought looks like.

If you're all wondering where the thread is, it's currently under mod approval. I'll let you know when I see it show up. Feel free to post in it on the off-chance I have to go to bed before it gets approved and I don't see it.

Last edited:

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
Hey Arylett, are there real animals in this world? e.g. would there be both chameleons and Kecleons?

What are the conditions like in the Pokemon... slave camps? Sleeping situation? Feeding situation? Housing and working conditions? I feel like that would be important to my first post, potentially.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Hey Arylett, are there real animals in this world? e.g. would there be both chameleons and Kecleons?

What are the conditions like in the Pokemon... slave camps? Sleeping situation? Feeding situation? Housing and working conditions? I feel like that would be important to my first post, potentially.
There are no real animals.

As for conditions, it varies depending on your character's behavior. A typical Hylic gets put into some barracks with minimal beddings, all close to each other. This is where they sleep and spend their time when not working. They get fed a meager amount. A favored Hylic, one who works as an inspector like my character, get their own special quarters where they have more room to breathe because there are far less of them, and much more comfortable bedding, as well as better and more food. A moderately misbehaving Hylic is barely fed and given no bedding, thrown into the same barracks with the others, but forced to look at the others' better conditions.

THE RP THREAD IS NOW LIVE.

@SkittyEevee
@HyperMorian
@metroid711
@ElBurrito
@Leo Van Pyroar
@astraling

johhny03

Cool guy
Years
I am very sad and very much disappointed that I was not accepted for this amazing roleplay but I am understanding that you are of the requirement of the 'cream of the crop' of the roplaying society. I am understanding that I am not of the high standards as the other members. I want to get better at my english grammar so please can someone help me? My dream is to make the best political pokemon roleplay so for this i am wanting a life coach, like old man was to Johhny Roar!! XD

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
There are no real animals.
St. Faspiliere City
Extremely beautiful and decorated by many types of fauna and flora in its streets.
Ah dear, now I'm confused. These two parts seem to disagree, considering the fauna you mentioned can't be Pokémon -- all the Pokémon are either imprisoned or hiding themselves as fugitives, right? If there is a huge law against looking at Pokemon, Pokemon can't be just in the streets, can they? That led me to believe the "fauna" must be non-Pokemon fauna. Could you clear this up?

-----
I'm here to announce that I changed Leon's personality, again, this time in a more major way.
I believe this will allow much easier interaction with others, and hopefully, also make him more relatable.

You can look at the final product in my profile in the first page of this forum thread,
and/or you can read this Changelog to see what's new and what got cut out.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Ah dear, now I'm confused. These two parts seem to disagree, considering the fauna you mentioned can't be Pokémon -- all the Pokémon are either imprisoned or hiding themselves as fugitives, right? If there is a huge law against looking at Pokemon, Pokemon can't be just in the streets, can they? That led me to believe the "fauna" must be non-Pokemon fauna. Could you clear this up?

-----
I'm here to announce that I changed Leon's personality, again, this time in a more major way.
I believe this will allow much easier interaction with others, and hopefully, also make him more relatable.

You can look at the final product in my profile in the first page of this forum thread,
and/or you can read this Changelog to see what's new and what got cut out.
Looks like that was something I missed in editing. I wrote some of those a while ago. It's been fixed. Sorry about that. ^^;

I see you're placing even more of an emphasis on avoidance. I have no problem with any of the changes. I'll just give you a tip though. In my experience, as an RP goes on, I don't follow the exact letter of my character's form. They will change over time, as is inevitable when you're writing someone. Sometimes it's character development, and sometimes you just make up a weird quirk in the midst of character interactions and run with it. So don't sweat it if you don't follow it to the very letter. I see it more as a guideline.

Last edited:

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
@Godzil
Tiny fuzz-bug crawling through the vents, bolting out Stuck On A Feeling in his little voice echoing through the aluminum.

SUZY1S3.gif
for you, sir.

P.S. Protip for Arylett:
Telekinesis is moving things with your mind, telepathy is the one where you convey information across minds.

Last edited:

astraling

just a sad little dingus in a chip bag
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 23, 2018
Apologies for not posting a first post; I made a post the day the IC went up, but it must not have gone through.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Apologies for not posting a first post; I made a post the day the IC went up, but it must not have gone through.
Oh? Well, that sounds quite annoying. Hopefully, your next first post won't get messed up.

Greg's little Bug eyes almost doubled in size at the question, and he frantically waved his front limbs for emphasis. "Facility 1! Definitely Facility 1! I know I look tiny and insect-y, but I'm an Electric type! Hook me up to batteries all day, but don't take me to the bug farm!"

When they arrive in the rather large facility 1, Leon hangs back and lets the Donphan go ahead while he tries to decide which direction he's headed within the facility itself.

Arylett was giving her lecture in Facility 1. He fell in there.

Last edited:

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
Arylett was giving her lecture in Facility 1. He fell in there.

So we're not going to facility 1 because we were in there all along. Allllllright, good to know. Guess I'm just shipping him around inside the facility itself. Actually, since we're on the subject maybe you could explain the facilities' setups a little more? Like the sections each one has (I made the guess there would be cells and a mess hall and working areas, but that last one is super duper vague). Unless you REALLY want us to just make it up as we go along entirely, but I could see that possibly leading to different players' interpretations contradicting each other.

Last edited:

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Allllllright, good to know. Guess I'm just shipping him around inside the facility itself. Actually, since we're on the subject maybe you could explain the facilities' setups a little more? Like the sections each one has (I made the guess there would be cells and a mess hall and working areas, but that last one is super duper vague). Unless you REALLY want us to just make it up as we go along entirely, but I could see that possibly leading to different players' interpretations contradicting each other.
I specified that she was in Facility 1 in the first post of the thread.

"At ease, Arylett. Your orders today are to report to Facility 1 for Orientation."

In any case, I'm going to be completely honest and say that I am ridiculously incompetent when it comes to imagining the interior of buildings, so if anyone wants to take a stab at making something up, go for it. I'll add it to the first post to prevent contradictions. We're not going to be in here very long anyways though, so I don't think giving it immense detail at this time is necessary. (We can go with the whole cells/mess hall/working areas thing though.)

Last edited:
Back