• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: How to be a moderator\PC supporter

arstover

poke-hacking studios
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
How do you become a moderator? I think you donate Im not sure so If you guys could help me that would be greatly appriceated!
Thanks!

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Donation has nothing to do with being a staff member. You earn the job for a certain forum if the higher staff think you're good for the job. Read the FAQ for more info.

Masqueraine

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2011
Moderators are chosen by the current staff to look over a section, one they're active and helpful in I'm assuming, and supporters donate money.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Pretty sure to become a moderator the higher staff would need to deem you fit in said area based on what you bring to the table i.e. the reports you send, the activity you generation, the way you conduct yourself through out the site as a whole, obviously how active you are. I can't speak for them but I assume that is a couple of the qualities they evaluate you one. As for as becoming a Supporter this Donations and Supporter Benefits should answer everything or most of what you need to know about becoming one. Basically you donate money to the site and inform Rukario that you are donating or you wouldn't get any supporter benefits out of it.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Members can also become supporters by participating in certain forum-wide events that give out supportership as a prize. I got a part of mine from winning a contest and another part from someone else donating for me, so yeah, even if you don't have the means to donate yourself you can still become a supporter.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
FAQ: How do I become a moderator?

Moderators are chosen by higher staff for a section that needs a staff member to watch over it. No donation involved. *gestures to myself for a personal example*

Supporter
So you want to become a supporter

Supporters give the forum money in any of the ways detailed in the above link. They get benefits.

If you read through both links, you'll have a better idea as to what each position entails and how members become them. That should help, and feel free to keep asking questions if need be.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Moderators are chosen by the higher staff as needed. From what I understand, deliberations are secret to other members.

It's probably best for members not to make threads like this. When I was new, I asked the same thing and got flamed. A lot of people mistake asking how one becomes a moderator with requesting to become one.

I'm pretty sure Supporter status doesn't matter, although many moderators are also supporters since they love this place. For that to be the way, or to even influence the decision, of becoming a moderator would be bribery, though.

To become a Supporter, you can either donate money yourself, receive a gift from another forum member, or win it as a prize through an event. Supporters get many perks that normal members don't get, even if though they aren't members. This includes a personal blog and access to an exclusive subforum.

Years
I want to become a supporter, but I don't like donating.

Is it true if you win an event you can also gain supporter status?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I want to become a supporter, but I don't like donating.

Is it true if you win an event you can also gain supporter status?
This is indeed true. Hiroshi Sotomura and a few other staff members, host events every now and then that give out prizes of a cetain amount of money to the winner. This is used to give them a supporter status. If you hunt around, you'll find one somewhere soon. It's usually announced as an 'announcement' and most of the time be showed at the top of a section or as a sticky just below.

moments.

quixotic
Years
People donate money just as normal, however they specify that they want the perks to go to another user.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
How do you receive supporter status as a gift?

How can someone send you supporter status as a gift? Do they nominate you or something?

Please tell me!

You receive a support status gift as (mentioned from my last post) by winning a prize in a competition/event or from another member who is willing to give you some of their money to become a supporter. You receive such gifts from other members in the forms of gift cards. You can visit here for more information on receiving a gift from somone: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=181381&highlight=community+gift+cards

marcc5m

what
Years
A supporter is the blue italics username you get when you donate money to PC, or win a contest. This also gives you features like profile background pictures and a blog, depending how much you donate.

A moderator--people with bold blue usernames--basically look after a section of PC. For instance, Giradialkia is moderator of the emulation section. Sydian is moderator of Pokemon gaming central and like a gazillion other sections.
A moderator must make sure that their section is free of SPAM, and is kept active.
Moderators are chosen by the people with orange, red and green usernames. You can become a moderator if you are active in a certain section, and don't break the rules.

EDIT: Read this http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=9060
:)

Years

You receive a support status gift as (mentioned from my last post) by winning a prize in a competition/event or from another member who is willing to give you some of their money to become a supporter. You receive such gifts from other members in the forms of gift cards. You can visit here for more information on receiving a gift from somone: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=181381&highlight=community+gift+cards

Thanks Curious, can you actually ask a supporter to do it for you?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Once a donation is done, it sticks to that account. You can't transfer donation amounts to other accounts. You can ask anyone to donate for you, if you'd like, but that isn't very polite unless you're close to them.

Years
Once a donation is done, it sticks to that account. You can't transfer donation amounts to other accounts. You can ask anyone to donate for you, if you'd like, but that isn't very polite unless you're close to them.

Like, if the supporter is among your contacts/friends list?

Back