• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Team?

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Hi, I'm contemplating doing a Dragon run through on my Leaf Green and I need help with my team.

006.gif

Moves:
Blast Burn
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

149.gif

Moves:
Outrage
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave

130.gif

Moves:
Hyper Beam
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Dance

034.gif

Moves:
Megahorn
Brick Break
Dig
Thrash

142.gif

Moves:
Rock Slide
Fly
Flamethrower
Steel Wing

Can anybody suggest a sixth member for my team with a potential moveset and review the team I have here?

It would be much appreciated. Thank You. :)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I honestly don't know what a Nidoking has to do with a Dragon team, but nonetheless.

Blast Burn is a pretty bad move, and in almost all cases (except if you are about to faint anyway), using two Flamethrowers will do more damage and allows switching or items. You only have special attacks on Dragonite. It has decent special attack, but its attack stat is too high not to use. Gyarados has pretty pathetic special attack, if you must use a special attack, use Surf, as it still gets STAB. Also Hyper Beam is an awful move, just don't use it. Dig and Thrash are pretty bad also. Nidoking has decent enough special attack to use moves like Flamethrower and Ice Beam. Don't use Flamethrower on Aerodactyl, I'm sorry to say this but you just wasted 4000 coins on nothing. For the last team spot, if you still want to use the a dragonish Pokémon, Lance used a Lapras and Kangaskhan in Stadium.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
I honestly don't know what a Nidoking has to do with a Dragon team, but nonetheless.

Blast Burn is a pretty bad move, and in almost all cases (except if you are about to faint anyway), using two Flamethrowers will do more damage and allows switching or items. You only have special attacks on Dragonite. It has decent special attack, but its attack stat is too high not to use. Gyarados has pretty pathetic special attack, if you must use a special attack, use Surf, as it still gets STAB. Also Hyper Beam is an awful move, just don't use it. Dig and Thrash are pretty bad also. Nidoking has decent enough special attack to use moves like Flamethrower and Ice Beam. Don't use Flamethrower on Aerodactyl, I'm sorry to say this but you just wasted 4000 coins on nothing. For the last team spot, if you still want to use the a dragonish Pokémon, Lance used a Lapras and Kangaskhan in Stadium.

Thanks for the advice. I'm revising the moves for my potential team and I think I've got things sorted out. How about this:

006.gif

Moves:
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Focus Punch (for Rock weakness)
Substitute

149.gif

Moves:
Outrage
Brick Break
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave

130.gif

Moves:
Hydro Pump (Although Gyarados has weak Sp. Atk, it's the most powerful STAB move I can give it and it still has decent accuracy).
Body Slam
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

034.gif

Moves:
Megahorn
Brick Break
Flamethrower
Ice Beam

142.gif

Moves:
Rock Slide
Fly
Strength
Steel Wing

131.gif

Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic
Confuse Ray

*Nidoking looks like a Dinosaur so in that respect, I guess he's Dragon-ish.

Last edited:
Back