• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen What your starter pokemon B2/W2 ?

Granzen

Pokefan
Years
What your starter pokemon black 2 and white 2 ?
Snivy,Tepig or Oshawott
and why?

I prefer "oshawott"
because they evolution Samurott look strong
and i like water type pokemon

Last edited:
Years
The starter that I chose for my White 2 was Snivy. I'd already chosen Oshawott for my first go around, and I had been using Fire type starters a fair amount prior to that, so I figured that a Grass type like Snivy would be a nice change of pace.

Torrentblade

Bring on the flood.
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2013
I chose mine according to gyms at the start. First, I wanted a challenge at the second gym, so I chose snivy, I then caught Cobalion after the fifth gym, then abandoned my Serperior. SO, yeah, I beat the elite four with cobalion

Years
Oshawott of course, in my Black 2 playthrough.

I often pick Water starters, and it's obvious I need my mascot in any Unova playthrough lol.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I picked Oshawott, because i didn't feel like playing with another fire/fighting pokemon.
Plus his final evo looks super awesome :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
I picked Oshawott but he never even made it into a Samurott causeof pokedit.com lol, I just GTS'ed myself pokemon I'd rather have and played through with them

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
EMBROAR. Simply because I can't use any other starter effectively since I've literally used Emboar on every proper playthrough of Unova ever. :x

Years
For B2 it was oshawatt because he is my fav and for W2 it was tepig because he went better with my team.

GrayJM9

Playing White 2
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Snivy but on my new file I'm going to pick Oshawott but I doubt i'll use him.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
My starter is always Tepig. I love that little guy. Emboar is definitely one of my three top favorite starters. <3

Like Forever, I wouldn't even be able to use the other two properly, and usually don't. ;n;"

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Since its about B2/W2 I only chosen Oshawott as my starter.
[but if you must know, I used Snivy when I played White, and later traded Oshawott over from Black 2, to have both of them, back when I restarted Black 2 - after beating Elite 4]

In Black 2 I choose Oshawott because of Dewott (he/she is my #1 favorite Pokemon at the moment), and since evolving to Dewott he has not evolved at all (now is at level 61), about to take on E4 and Dewott will help out.

In White 2 its my personal "Mustelid Challenge" so Oshawott is the only choice (as sea otters are aquatic mustelids), and once again after she evolved to Dewott she now holds the everstone, at level 47 (2 more badges to go).

No issues with Samurott (its my #3 favorite), I just love Dewott more.

Last edited:

CM Ryder

Raimei no Yusha
Years
For White 2 I chose Oshawott which was Modest straight away! Absolutely love my Samurott, he was a beast throughout my playthrough. I made the horrible mistake of choosing Snivy on Black 2, worst grass type ever. Reset and chose Tepig, instant bro for life.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2016
i chose tepig but as soon as i could i got my party from pokemon black which had snivy as the starter

takai

Easy Muffin
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2013
I always go with Snivey. When he evolves into Serperior he gets great speed and attack.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
Years
As takai above me said, I too go with snivy. I chose it in Black and White version. I'm a huge reptile fan so when I saw it for the first time and it's snake like design, I fell in love. If I buy white 2, then I may go with tepig though only due to the fact that I have a pet pig and they are sooo cute! ^__^

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
My starter is Oshawott(Male) with a serious nature.
It's now a Samurott at Level 100, I also attached Splash Plate to boost its STABs, although I wished I had a Wacan Berry instead >.<

Back