• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
Just downloaded and started this last night, and I am having a load of fun. My current team is Tepig (with Blaze) at Level 15, Bibarel with Moody at Level 15, Kricketune with Technician at Level 16, and a new Nidoran Female at Level 11 so far. I kind of want to know where the starters are available, because that would be an interesting team.

Haru

Wolf Simp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
LOL, didn't even notice this until now, Joey's top percentage Rattata ;)

YES. this was one of the first things i noticed wrong with Black and White!

i totally wanna play this cuz i felt black and white was a little too easy xD

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
If you want to update this hack even further, then I think Carracosta, Drifblim, Rampardos, and Bastiodon should be buffed.

Carracosta needs a reliable recovery move (I think Slack Off would be a good choice) and it should learn some more physical moves, like Avalanche, Icicle Crash, Storm Throw, and Circle Throw. (If you don't want to add the latter two, that's fine with me, but please add some physical Ice-type moves)

Drifblim could use some higher Special Attack and Speed stats IMO, and maybe you should lower its Attack, to like 60 points or something.

Rampardos might need better Defense, Special Defense, and Speed stats, or just a higher Speed stat.

Bastiodon would be just fine with either 80 HP or Solid Rock instead of Soundproof, and maybe a higher Attack stat.

Maybe you should consider these buffs for a future update.

Years
Wow, the documentations are fantastic. Thank you for the detailed and organized information on your hack. I'm interested to play this just from the documentation alone. :)

AlfaTyrogue

Swag.
Years
I'm using a fast desmume client on Mac, and it goes in absolute lag when I enter biancas' house in the beginning... what should I do?

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2011
First, I would like to say that this hack is fantastic, and thank you very much for creating it.

Secondly, I have a minor question. I've noticed a couple of times while searching for Audinos, both on Route 16 and in Cold Storage, that I seem to run into only Emolgas in the shaking grass if I have my Ampharos in the lead position. It's particularly odd in Cold Storage since according to the documentation, no Emolgas should be there at all. Because I'm playing a Nuzlocke run, I have to use what Pokemon I get, and this Ampharos has been extremely useful, so I need to be able to grind her like the others, and I can't do that nearly as well if I keep running into Emolgas instead of Audinos.

Now, because it's only happened to me with this Ampharos, and no other Pokemon, I suspect it might have something to do with the Electric-type. I don't have any other Electric-type, so I can't check, but it might be some kind of bug. I was wondering if there was a way to avoid this, or if it's just something unfixable at the moment.

One last bit of info: I only started seeing this after I first ran into an Emolga on Route 16 where they normally should be in this hack--before that, I didn't have this issue.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2011
Having 2 small questions since I wont be able to play until sunday. =/

1st, are the pokemon of earlier generations only avaible from "shaking grass" etc or will i also be able by just "running around" to find all 649 pokemon (ecept legendarys)?

and

2nd did you also include shiny versions of all 649 pokemon?

sorry if anyone asked those questions allready, didnt find them answered in the 11 pages of the thread

Edit: Just thought of another question:

3rd what for do i have to patch the national pokedex /what happens if i dont patch it?

Last edited:

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
Years
I can't wait until I can play this hack, but I'm going to beat Black and White first lol. One thing I did notice though, is there anyway to run NO$GBA without all the Action Replay codes and crap? Because DSmume is slow a hell. Thanks

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
I may give one or the other a try when I have some spare time just simply because of the sheer effort you obviously put into it. Muchly appreciated it is good to see.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm always up for a intensified hack of Pokémon and I must say I'm struggeling with every Gym leader (apart from Chili) so far.. even though I'm trying to beat the 3rd you have done a great job, it works fine on my R4.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
I'm currently at inside Pinwheel Forest and I'm looking for a Treecko. I'm using savestate abuse to try and find it in rustling grass, but it seems all I'm finding are Pansages, with a smattering of Panpours, a rare Audino, and a single Snivy. Any tips on how to make the search faster?

My current team is:
Twiggy the Pignite Male @ Blaze
Patari the Kricketune Male (I think) @ Technician ;)
Dynoma the female Bibarel @ Moody ;)
Arusa the Nidorina @ Poison Point
Torrel-Dar the Male Wartortle @ Torrent

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I'm currently at inside Pinwheel Forest and I'm looking for a Treecko. I'm using savestate abuse to try and find it in rustling grass, but it seems all I'm finding are Pansages, with a smattering of Panpours, a rare Audino, and a single Snivy. Any tips on how to make the search faster?

You dont need to use savestates, every time u move around the game resets the probability of rustling grass appearing so u wont need to load savestates, just encouter an pokemon and walk around repeatly(not in the grass, u can if u want but if u want mindless wild pokes appearing).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
You dont need to use savestates, every time u move around the game resets the probability of rustling grass appearing so u wont need to load savestates, just encouter an pokemon and walk around repeatly(not in the grass, u can if u want but if u want mindless wild pokes appearing).

I'm aware of that, but Desmume is slow and save-state abuse saves time.

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
Westie7, you can also use the Action Replay cheat for instant Shaking Grass, makes things faster than savestate abuse, IMO.

Years
Hi in regards to the access PC anywhere, is there a version that does not crash for the UK version?

And in regards to the other codes that are included with the hack...

A lot of codes map the joker button to L button, and my DS's L button does not work... How would I go about remapping the buttons in the codes? Apologies if these questions have been asked, I'm not online for long...

EDIT: I actually managed to find some codes that work, including an access PC anywhere code. Now I can check to see if the sixth Nidoran I caught has Hustle or not ;D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
I'm having some issues with the patching. xdelta isn't opening for me and i'm not sure why =/ Any help anyone could give me would be appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Is it possible to put that on a R4 and if so..how ?

Ok done...^^

I noticed that the save size is 1024kb...It's double the average save size...now I know why it doesn't work in no$gba...too big...
Is it because my microSD card is on Fat32 ? I suppose that if I change the save size to 512, it will mess up my save file ?
What sort of engine/program/emulator(?) is used in a R4/MicroSD(?) to play/read the game data ? Is that the kernel we he have to regularly update ? Does it use the standard DS engine ? both ?
Why can't I soft reset ? yes...everything works apart from that...when I try I face the double endless white screen of doom...

Last edited:
Back