• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Is there a complete map editor for Red anywhere? Like Pokémap, with event support and everything?

It's seems quite odd for there not to be, considering it's amount of documentation.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
I'm trying to make a new "Pokémon Center" in my game, that functions like but is shaped slightly different from a regular Pokémon Center; one of the things I want it to do is have the player automatically teleport there to get healed when all your Pokémon faint, like with any other Pokémon Center. So I looked at the map scripts of the Saffron Pokémon Center for reference and found two map scripts, and wondered what they meant:

The first one:
Script no: 0
Script type: 03 On entering map/not on menu close
'---------------
#org 0x16EFF7
sethealingplace 0xB
end

The second one:
Script no: 1
Script type: 05 On entering map/on menu close
'---------------
#org 0x1BC05C
special 0x182
end

What do these mean? I originally thought the first one makes the Pokémon Center acts like a Pokémon Center, and so you get teleported there and healed and all that when all your Pokémon faint, until I saw the second one; now I think maybe the special fulfills that purpose? I don't know what the second script means, though, and none of the list of specials I've found explain what 0x182 does.

Thanks!

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Probably an easy one: How do I enable the use of "Escape Rope" in a map?

and

How can I insert new Pokéµon in the 25 empty spots in >>EMERALD<<
The method that works for FireRed doesn't quite work in emerald.
I understand it has something to do with emerald having different sprites? (like 128x64 instead of 64x64).
So, how do I give a new sprite to those "??" Pokémon in EMERALD?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I'm trying to make a new "Pokémon Center" in my game, that functions like but is shaped slightly different from a regular Pokémon Center; one of the things I want it to do is have the player automatically teleport there to get healed when all your Pokémon faint, like with any other Pokémon Center. So I looked at the map scripts of the Saffron Pokémon Center for reference and found two map scripts, and wondered what they meant:

[...]

What do these mean? I originally thought the first one makes the Pokémon Center acts like a Pokémon Center, and so you get teleported there and healed and all that when all your Pokémon faint, until I saw the second one; now I think maybe the special fulfills that purpose? I don't know what the second script means, though, and none of the list of specials I've found explain what 0x182 does.

Thanks!

I don't know what special 0x182 does exactly, but the sethealingplace part is enough to get the "teleport effect". Besides, you should put the special part as well as it's used by the other Pokémon center. Long story short: copy an existing level script and edit the sethealingplace part, leaving the rest intact. You should be aware of the fact the game provides a fixed amount of healing places, as far as I know.

Years
I'm trying to insert a new palette but the rom is being weird. When it's loaded into the game, the colors change to something completely different. Here's a picture.

Spoiler:

Come on, I need some help with this. -_-

Years
I learned this from someone:
Not all LZ77 compressed palletes use 16 colors: the Pineco for exmaple.

OK, so what do you think I should do?

EDIT: I'm trying to replace Pidgey with a new Pokemon. But whenever I try to insert it, it says it's too big even though Pidgey is 1.28 KB and the new one is 1.25 KB. Why is this happening?

Last edited:

Larsie13

Probably an easy one: How do I enable the use of "Escape Rope" in a map?

and

How can I insert new Pokéµon in the 25 empty spots in >>EMERALD<<
The method that works for FireRed doesn't quite work in emerald.
I understand it has something to do with emerald having different sprites? (like 128x64 instead of 64x64).
So, how do I give a new sprite to those "??" Pokémon in EMERALD?

1st question: Set the Type under Map Options in the Header tab to Underground.
2nd question: Don't know.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
I don't know what special 0x182 does exactly, but the sethealingplace part is enough to get the "teleport effect". Besides, you should put the special part as well as it's used by the other Pokémon center. Long story short: copy an existing level script and edit the sethealingplace part, leaving the rest intact. You should be aware of the fact the game provides a fixed amount of healing places, as far as I know.

A set amount? Thanks, good to know; I tried to make a new Pokécenter using the special 0x182 script and the sethealingplace script, and since the FireRed script dump said sethealingplace 0x1 through 0x14 had been used, I tried to make 0x15, which didn't work. I guess I'll just remove one of the other healing places, place it in my new Pokémon Center and see if that works. Thank you!

Jackie_Zelany

Elite Trainer
Years
World Map Problems

I didnt exactly know where to stick this so i put it here. I am currently developing a pokemon hack but im at a lack of software. i have everything i need except a text editor. Ive tried downloading Advance Text editor from several different places but when i double click my icon it has an instant error and shuts down. Not like you see in the youtube vidoes where someone is missing a file it asks me if i want to send an error report when i click the icon then it doesnt show up. if anyone knows where i could get an Advace Text that actually works i would greatly appreciate it if you could send me the link via pm. If you know i way to get mine to work that would be extremely great to. thanks

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2013
My friend is trying to get Advance Text to work on his computer, but it keeps saying a component is missing or something... it works fine on my computer, but when I sent him all my files, it still didn't work on his computer. What's wrong?

Also, many programs (Such as Dexter, BaseEdit, Bewildered) say that the base is unspecified. PokePic doesn't even do anything when I open a rom.

Also (Again), when I use PET, it doesn't show what attacks each pokemon currently has. Is this normal?

Jackie_Zelany

Elite Trainer
Years
My friend is trying to get Advance Text to work on his computer, but it keeps saying a component is missing or something... it works fine on my computer, but when I sent him all my files, it still didn't work on his computer. What's wrong?

Also, many programs (Such as Dexter, BaseEdit, Bewildered) say that the base is unspecified. PokePic doesn't even do anything when I open a rom.

Also (Again), when I use PET, it doesn't show what attacks each pokemon currently has. Is this normal?

For the advance text alot of people had this problem.you have to google the file, download it and place it in the folder with the advance text program. As for Dexter, Base edi, and Bewildered these are very outdated programs and anything could be wrong. i have the same problem i cant get those to work because their so old as well as poke pic i cant get that to work either

Years
Wont work?

So im trying to change how the poke balls look in ruby/sapphire when you open birches case. I have changed the look but for some reason when i change its pallete it doesnt even let me open the rom. I have tried this several times and everytime i get a white screen after changing the pallete. Oh yeah i changed it by saving the obj under the emulator, inserting it into APE and inserting my own pallete. Whats going wrong?

Larsie13

1st question: Set the Type under Map Options in the Header tab to Underground.
Yah, I know that, but that simply doesn't work. ;P
Is there another way?

Aslo, does anyone knows how to insert new Pokémon over the 25 empty slots in EMERALD?
The method for firered doesn't work....

Hmm, look at some cave maps in the game, and try to mimic the header in your map. That should probably do it. It might also have to do something with the "Show name on entering" setting. All caves have them set to 0F. Well, almost all. NAVEL ROCK doesn't, for example. And, if I recall correctly, you can't use ESCAPE ROPE in NAVEL ROCK.

jokercard333

Dream Eater
Years
Hello... I Have Been Looking For This Simple Answer Just About Everywhere. Using Advance Text How Do You Insert New Text For New Sprites. For example, I insert two sprites In Palette Town (FR/LG IN Case You Were Wondering) as Person Events (Using Advance Map). I Go To Open Script And Write New Scripts For Them, I enter The hex It Tells Me too in the Script offset box viola right? Wrong! I got into the game to test it out and both of the events work, it's just the first script gets jumbled towards the end with the other script. It's Very Confusing And I would Appreciate The Help If Anyone Can Tell Me What I Am Doing Wrong. I have Also Tried Writing These Scripts To The Ini. But To no Avail.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2010
Does anyone know how to transfer the wild battle script from poke tronic, into a pepole event in advance map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back