• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2010
I resolved all of my previous questions, but have more...
1. Is there a way that when I'm in the Safari Zone I can make the game end after I've captured 1 pokemon for one time only?

2. How do I make people leave after talking?

3. I'm using overworld editor and cannot for the life of me understand how to import and export sprites, I've searched for different programs, but I can't seem to find one. Can someone direct me to a program that lets me import and export the sprites, please.

I'm using Fire Red.

Yummeh.Strawberriez

Mapper/OW Spriter (:
Years
@Finkelburgpool:
The .ips and.ups files aren't roms, They are patches that you apply to a ROM file.
You have to download the ROM yourself, try gogling for it is agaisnt the rules to post them on the site, then use a program like LIPS ( Lunar IPS) to patch the file onto the ROM.

@NTA
The Realtime clock feature can be used to stop the annoying 'Battery has run dry' message in R/S/E.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
what's the story with that UNLZ?I want to hack fr title screen so I click save as to the charzard sprite and it doesn't save the sprite for me!~
EDIT:this is madness!!!!!!!! I can't even replace balbusaur with an indexed magmortar because when I put the magmortar sprite I see nothing!!!!!! look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbzWngGe54I&feature=channel_page

..wow. unLZ, even if it doesn't show it on the program, does it in-game. Check your ROM, and write a script giving a Bulbasaur or something. It will be a Magmortar. :/

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I use hcked UNLZ by hackmew and this is my final result:
ydja2homnjnv.png

I had a battle with gary so it showed me his messed up sprite instead of charmender,before that I saw a messed up sqirtle,and before that I saw a messsed up girugamesh!

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
I use hcked UNLZ by hackmew and this is my final result:
ydja2homnjnv.png

I had a battle with gary so it showed me his messed up sprite instead of charmender,before that I saw a messed up sqirtle,and before that I saw a messsed up girugamesh!

did u have all the boxes checked??

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
did u have all the boxes checked??

Unless he was trying to insert Gary over the Charmander, that statement is no help to this situation.

onyx, would you mind detailing exactly what you did?

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Hi all!
I followed this tut on how to edit Pokemon Gold with a hex editor
pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=120374

But it's two parts I really can't understand... :S

Firstly
00 87 A4 AB AB AE E7 - This text will say "Hello!" But it is wrong.
When I use an online ASCII to Hex converter, This isn't "Hello!", but just some strange letters/signs
And when I try to use the Hex numbers from the online converter (from the word "Hello!") it says that this is the correct hex numbers
48 65 6c 6c 6f 21

But when I try that in-game it shows up the same strange things as when I try to convert 87 A4 AB AB AE E7 to ASCII.
So how do I know what to type in the Hex editor, to know that it's going to say actually like in this example, "Hello!" and not just lots of weird letters?

And my second question is...
The pointer you wrote down, You will now need it. Open up Calculator in accessories, and click on the "Hex" bullet. Type in the first byte of the 4 digit pointer( 1 byte = 2 digits) type in A0 , then click on the "Dec" Bullet and you get "160". Do the same for the second byte, type in 65 and get 101.
How does he know that you should exactly use A0 and 65? I can't see where he gets those numbers from... :S
But still it works ingame though...

Please help me!

And sorry if my english is bad... It's usually not, but I'm too tired to think of what to say and how to type it, lol :P

Thanks in advance!
- Illysti

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2009
@Finkelburgpool:
The .ips and.ups files aren't roms, They are patches that you apply to a ROM file.
You have to download the ROM yourself, try gogling for it is agaisnt the rules to post them on the site, then use a program like LIPS ( Lunar IPS) to patch the file onto the ROM.

thanks alot, i already have the roms i just didn't know how to patch.
icon10.gif

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Hi all!
I followed this tut on how to edit Pokemon Gold with a hex editor
pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=120374

But it's two parts I really can't understand... :S

Firstly
When I use an online ASCII to Hex converter, This isn't "Hello!", but just some strange letters/signs
And when I try to use the Hex numbers from the online converter (from the word "Hello!") it says that this is the correct hex numbers
48 65 6c 6c 6f 21

But when I try that in-game it shows up the same strange things as when I try to convert 87 A4 AB AB AE E7 to ASCII.
So how do I know what to type in the Hex editor, to know that it's going to say actually like in this example, "Hello!" and not just lots of weird letters?
Pokémon Gold does not use ASCII. Use the table file attached to this post to see which bytes correspond to which letters. If you're using a hex editor that can load table files (Windhex, for instance), you can type letters into the rightmost pane and have the bytes automatically be converted.
And my second question is...

How does he know that you should exactly use A0 and 65? I can't see where he gets those numbers from... :S
But still it works ingame though...
Read up on pointers.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
You can use unlz. Go to an image and make the write data screen come up. Change the image and palette offsets to free space, but leave fix pointers unchecked. The original image is just fine and you have the data for the new one inserted. PEP (Pokemon Editor Pro) by Darthatron can change the offset used for a front sprite, back sprite, and palette.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Thanks IIMarckus :)

EDIT:
NVM I found how to.
I just had to use the APoint Calc, lol :)

Again, thanks for the help IIMarckus!

Last edited:

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
well I've decided to record the things I do here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jteDyl24kQo yes low quality I know,I still get the same results,I figured out that it shows you the last sprite,but messed up,I mean the last sprite you see is sqirtle,so the pokemon will be a messed up squirtle, the last sprite you see is gary,so the pokemon will be a messed up gary etc. if you se no sprites it wil be a messed up girugamesh! which looks like an old school missingo -_____-

School days again...
Years
well I've decided to record the things I do here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jteDyl24kQo yes low quality I know,I still get the same results,I figured out that it shows you the last sprite,but messed up,I mean the last sprite you see is sqirtle,so the pokemon will be a messed up squirtle, the last sprite you see is gary,so the pokemon will be a messed up gary etc. if you se no sprites it wil be a messed up girugamesh! which looks like an old school missingo -_____-

Did you watch destinedjagold's tutorial? That will help you, maybe....
If not, watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-gLtPTQnrA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back