• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Editor for Essentials

Should I publish my (already done) other PBS Generators?

• Yes

Votes: 34 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Yeah, I figured such a thing would be very difficult if possible. Thank you for trying, though!

It should be doable with some kind of custom sort function I believe.

@m3rein I assume this is developed in C# with windows forms?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
It should be doable with some kind of custom sort function I believe.

@m3rein I assume this is developed in C# with windows forms?

Correct. Originally used Visual Studio 2015, but I'm upgrading to 2017. This is what I use for sorting:
pokes.Sort(delegate (Poke p1, Poke p2) { return p1.id.CompareTo(p2.id); });
I'm not sure how I can work with that since I don't really know how I can work with CompareTo. I'll look into it, though, like I said.

My next release will be an all-in-one with the other generators/editors. It's going to take a bit because I'm redesigning some of them.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
I'm not sure how I can work with that since I don't really know how I can work with CompareTo. I'll look into it, though, like I said.

Something just came to mind, what if you group by Evolutionary family first, sort that array/collection alphabetically by the first member and afterward flatten the array structure.

Years
Cool program, works like a charm, but you see, the side list is quite glitched in smaller screens like mine.

JGtoUjJ.png

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Cool program, works like a charm, but you see, the side list is quite glitched in smaller screens like mine.

JGtoUjJ.png

This is actually not a glitch, but "intended" behaviour. I've had someone else reporte this as a good thing to change already - which did happen, just not in a publicly released version yet. I'm glad you took your time to notify me, though. Just message or post anything else you might prefer a different way or a bug that should be fixed.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 9, 2017
This is a very useful tool, it will make stat changes and everything dealing with Pokemon outside of putting them into the game much easier. I appreciate your work on this program.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
If added new moves and ability's and a new type will they show up in this program?

If they're in the PBS directory the program is looking for and you've saved the changes in the respective text files, yes, they will.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 1, 2018
Awesome tool, but can you upgrade it so we can edit the sprites to? like sprite sheet editor so it is one tool in a go.
Thank you!!

Edit: I forgot to ask, when you set icon to some items will it rename the icon file automagically? This is my biggest issue as I have been lazy now to do it manually. Thank you!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Awesome tool, but can you upgrade it so we can edit the sprites to? like sprite sheet editor so it is one tool in a go.
Thank you!!

Edit: I forgot to ask, when you set icon to some items will it rename the icon file automagically? This is my biggest issue as I have been lazy now to do it manually. Thank you!!

This Editor was basically a small test for if such Editors would be any useful. And this thing proved that it wouldn't hurt to make Editors for more PBS files. I've made the whole thing into one. You can find it here. I'm not sure if I should make a thread for it here. Anyone can tell me to do so and I will. It's mainly about the documentation, not sure if the layout I had for it there works here :)

Back