• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Interest Check: DANGANROPA: HIGH SCHOOL KILLING

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
I know I am still GMing a game but I have this idea in my mind.

Let's have a Danganropa-style killing game.

Everybody starts off as a vanilla townie. No roles. We start with day 1 where people could interact with one another, talk about anything etc. Then, Night 1: GM chooses a random player and that player is forced to kill another player. During the day, the dead player will be revealed. The town must lynch the killer. If mislynched, the killer wins the game. If lynched, the killer dies.

Thoughts? I am not yet sure about the finer details so consider this a rough-draft.

jombii

Years
Hmmm... you're right. What if gm rng two people as choices. Then town have to choose between the two?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Well, last time there was a Danganronpa mafia here, each character (with the exception of Junko) had both an innocent and mafia version of their role, and then the three mafia characters (sans Junko) were RNG'd at the beginning

so this could be somewhat like that, except that no one actually has a role.

But, to play on this, you could have it so that, if the killer doesn't get lynched the day they kill, they would win, but the town wouldn't necessarily lose. Then you could repeat this process each night, and have a sort of "three strikes, you're out" lose condition for the town, or something similar.

jombii

Years
Well, I forgot to mention it. The game ends when everybody is a winner or everybody is dead already. So the game continues until whatever night is needed.

jombii

Years
So I think I have created the game and have it smoothed it out. It goes as follows.

During the start of the game, there are only two roles. High Schoolers and Monokuma. There is only one Monokuma from all the players. During the first night, Monokuma will choose one player. The chosen will player will then kill somebody at random. Monokuma then will choose another player. Monokuma can choose himself as the other player. During the day, the two players will be revealed and the town must be able to distinguish which among the two revealed names killed during the night. Two things will then happen.

1. They are successful in lynching the killer. The killer dies. Town gets a chance to vote who Monokuma is from among the living players. They automatically win if they lynch correctly and game ends. If they don't choose properly, the person voted will still die. Abstain option is possible when trying to lynch Monokuma.

2. They are unsuccessful in lynching the killer. The mislynch dies. Town loses one life. They can only afford to mislynch thrice (number might change depending on the amount of people who joins.) Night continues. The killer automatically wins the game and is considered dead for the rest of the game.

Monokuma wins if all people are dead/have won.

The twist here is that only the people alive at the end gets winning points. So everyone is for himself.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Back