• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: OWM: OverWorld Manager

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
I mean the map in windows (Not anything romhacking related, see attachment)

Ooh gotcha, yeah that would be nice. I'll also add it in the next update.

I'll check it out;)

Edit: Checked the Palette Cleanup function and it didn't mess up this time:) Might need a little more testing by more people to be sure though.

That's true

Something else I noticed is that 'README' and 'about' don't do anything...
Yeah, I was kinda lazy there. Maybe I'll redirect to the Inner Workings or something like that.

Years
So when adding a new table, if the original table is full (using JPANS patch) how do you use the sprites from the new table in advance map?

Nevermind I figured it out ^-^" If anyone else is wondering, you have to change the unknown number under the picture the number to whatever the table number is.

Turns out that only works for the first sprite. Any others look all messed up in game and you can see the player moving in the spots where the sprite should be.

Last edited:

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
So when adding a new table, if the original table is full (using JPANS patch) how do you use the sprites from the new table in advance map?

Nevermind I figured it out ^-^" If anyone else is wondering, you have to change the unknown number under the picture the number to whatever the table number is.

Turns out that only works for the first sprite. Any others look all messed up in game and you can see the player moving in the spots where the sprite should be.

I don't know why this happened to you, in my JPAN Rom they look fine. (Also walking fine).

Hq1KMhp.png

In what kind of ROM did you use it? What edits did you do to your OWs before opening the ROM with OWM

Years
In what kind of ROM did you use it? What edits did you do to your OWs before opening the ROM with OWM

I'm using the JPAN patch with Version 1.0 of Firered I believe. And the OWs I'm using are HGSS Pokemon OW sprites. When I get home I can try and see if it works with FRLG Sprites instead but I don't think that'll make a difference. I'll also show you some pictures too. I'm also using Visual Boy Advance but that shouldn't have anything to do with it either?? At least I wouldn't think so

It turns out that my backup works so I'll probably end up just using my backup and going from there. I must've corrupted a the palettes or something.
Backup ended up doing the same thing. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Pokemon Big Bug.PNG
    Pokemon Big Bug.PNG
    149 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Years
Hello there, my first post on here.
Can someone please explain to me how to download and install this application? It looks like exactly what i was looking for but I'm clueless as to how to get the app.
Also does this work on older operating systems?
Windows 7 perhaps?
Thanks

Years
Hello there, my first post on here.
Can someone please explain to me how to download and install this application? It looks like exactly what i was looking for but I'm clueless as to how to get the app.
Also does this work on older operating systems?
Windows 7 perhaps?
Thanks

It's just an executable that you launch, you don't have to install anything onto your computer. As for where to download, the best bet is to find where he put his GitHub information (I think it was around page 5 of this thread) and download it from there.

Years
It's just an executable that you launch, you don't have to install anything onto your computer. As for where to download, the best bet is to find where he put his GitHub information (I think it was around page 5 of this thread) and download it from there.

Thanks! I figured out where the Zip file was, as it turns out my old computer can't run it anyway. It needs visual C++ if I'm not mistaken. But maybe I'm wrong, I'm new to all this techno jargon lol. It's strange that I can't get the visual C++ 2015 patch or whatever because it says that there's a download for a 32 bit version but when I get that my computer has a fit and says it's not a Win 32 application (whatever that means) It's kinda annoying because my old computer can handle every other rom hack tool I've come across but not this one (so far).
When I try to open the application itself it says "the program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-[1-1-0.dil is missing from your computer"
Which is what leads me to believe this app needs visual C++
Maybe there is a way but it seems like every problem I solve trying to get this app to run leads me to yet another problem lol. (Maybe that's just most computer problems)
Anyway if you or anyone else with the proper techno knowledge could help me out that'd be sweet!

For reference my computer is running windows 7, 32bit and it's an HP Mini from like ages ago.
Thanks!

Years
Thanks! I figured out where the Zip file was, as it turns out my old computer can't run it anyway. It needs visual C++ if I'm not mistaken. But maybe I'm wrong, I'm new to all this techno jargon lol. It's strange that I can't get the visual C++ 2015 patch or whatever because it says that there's a download for a 32 bit version but when I get that my computer has a fit and says it's not a Win 32 application (whatever that means) It's kinda annoying because my old computer can handle every other rom hack tool I've come across but not this one (so far).
When I try to open the application itself it says "the program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-[1-1-0.dil is missing from your computer"
Which is what leads me to believe this app needs visual C++
Maybe there is a way but it seems like every problem I solve trying to get this app to run leads me to yet another problem lol. (Maybe that's just most computer problems)
Anyway if you or anyone else with the proper techno knowledge could help me out that'd be sweet!

For reference my computer is running windows 7, 32bit and it's an HP Mini from like ages ago.
Thanks!

Did you download the zip from the github home page? Because if you did that's probably the source code that you downloaded. Try going to the releases tab and download the "OWM-amd64" zip file there. That should contain the executable.

Years
Did you download the zip from the github home page? Because if you did that's probably the source code that you downloaded. Try going to the releases tab and download the "OWM-amd64" zip file there. That should contain the executable.

I believe so, everything looks right except I can't run the app. Like it still says it's the application. It just doesn't open and gives me the error message I listed above. Leading me to believe this app is unrunable on my computer. I'll try downloading the zip again, maybe the download just screwed up?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
I believe so, everything looks right except I can't run the app. Like it still says it's the application. It just doesn't open and gives me the error message I listed above. Leading me to believe this app is unrunable on my computer. I'll try downloading the zip again, maybe the download just screwed up?

Github requires you to compile, but luckily there is a much easier way. Try this link and just run the exe, as long as your computer supports python you should be good

Years
No I don't think I do, is there a way to get this Python thingy on an older computer?
"Error loading Python DLL"
This is the other error message, I guess I should have brought that up before lol
I'm guessing it's a simple, "buy a newer computer already" lol

Attachments

• 991FABFF-0FB4-4E30-85F4-B8F32F129E3F.jpeg
    991FABFF-0FB4-4E30-85F4-B8F32F129E3F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 8
Years
If I need a newer computer it doesn't ruin my plans entirely
Overworld sprites will just have to be the last thing I edit lol

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
I have a problem where I resized the Strength rock and changed the palette and it glitched out using v1.2, and when I try to replace it with the original 16x16 overworld it appears in game as a 32x16, using the rock as the top half and a black square below as the next 16x16 and the palette isn't working. I do have Navenatox's palette patch installed, is there any way around this so I can re-implement my Strength rock for puzzles?

EDIT: Changed it to 0xA and it works, would I be correct to assume you can only load one custom palette on screen at once, because they all need to use 0xA? That's sortof a drag if that's the case...

Last edited:

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
I have a problem where I resized the Strength rock and changed the palette and it glitched out using v1.2, and when I try to replace it with the original 16x16 overworld it appears in game as a 32x16, using the rock as the top half and a black square below as the next 16x16 and the palette isn't working. I do have Navenatox's palette patch installed, is there any way around this so I can re-implement my Strength rock for puzzles?

EDIT: Changed it to 0xA and it works, would I be correct to assume you can only load one custom palette on screen at once, because they all need to use 0xA? That's sortof a drag if that's the case...

Well if you had Navenatox's palette patch there shouldn't have a problem. Also would suggest to use the latest version of OWM from the main thread. What OW was the one before the strength Rock?

On another note,

OWM can now edit the Footprints for OWs. Also added the 32 bit version. It's in the download page in the main thread.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
Whenever I try to insert any kind of overworld, including ones that have worked in other games, all overworlds disappear in game.
Is there some step that I'm not doing?

Back