• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Godot

That's one of my rules.
Years
Zel, your hack is amazing! Gold/Silver were my favorite pokemon games and its great to see Gold with gba graphics. Keep up the great work!

But am i supposed to have 999999 poke dollars and ?73 potions? O_o

Last edited:

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Zel, your hack is amazing! Gold/Silver were my favorite pokemon games and its great to see Gold with gba graphics. Keep up the great work!

Are you complaining? XD

No seriously I wouldn't complain about infinate Potions and Max Money. When you run out of Money just sell the potions. XD

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Please Zel, don't sell your game. It's piracy... for some people said in some other forum.

Are you serious!?!? >_> Zel is agianst Pirates!! He has NOTHING to do with his game being sold.
Excpet makeing the game :P

So... Yea...

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Please Zel, don't sell your game. It's piracy... for some people said in some other forum.

Zel isn't behind the selling of this hack. Other Piraters put it on flashcarts and sell it like that, honestly these piraters lose money because the flashcart costs 50-60 dollars and the game is sold for like 20

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Hey Zel, this is looking great, I like how you have added the event for Suicune, Entei and Raikou also the Game Corner with the Bagon, can't wait to see more.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I know you say you want to stick to original gold as much as possible, but I'm just a little curious. are you going to implement the battle tower and trainer hill anywhere. (i also remember you saying that you're NOT sticking in the BF, but seeing as those 2 features were in FR anyway...)

The Battle Tower will be, because in fact, it's a place where a few rivals could hang out to battle from time to time. And the trainer hill... What was that? I don't remember...

Nice one with the three dogs, Zel! The new grass tiles are cool, too. And Deoxys? Have you already imagined what to do for it? Anyways, this hack keeps getting better and better. Keep up!

*looks at paper again* yes, I have something wicked and evilish :badsmile: planned for it...

Also can't believe that you can actually get Castform, Mr. Mime, Eevee, Bagon and Poryon, and whatever else there is... keep up the great work Zel...

In fact Mimey, Eevee and Porygon were originally in Gold, so not much to be surprised about there ;)
And Bagon is there just because it will be needed sometime. *closes mouth*

zel himself said he doesn't expect to finish it in 2007

Yeah, ever wondered why the "2006-2008", the idea is that it will be finished sometime around the next year.
And about the Beta5 it should be out this year, but, when, I don't really know yet (and wouldn't tell anyway, you know it'll be posted suddenly when I feel it's time, don't want to mess up giving release dates again)

oh... Also can anyone map out victory road for me???

People around youtube likes to make lots of videos about the game. So, most likely, there is one about how to navigate through Victory Road (if not, I'd be surprised...)

No need of cheating by seeing my maps! lol

Definitely not. But it's the kind of errors due to hacking a game. It's the first time I heard about the problem you mention, but I heard about Bad Eggs showing up and player's name getting truncated.

Just to be safe, did you use any kind of cheat code? I think those things usually do evil stuff to hacked games. If not, oh well, it's not that bad the error, right? :laugh:

Wow... Really tired of dealing with music again. It's simple, but it requires a lot of trial/error/fixing, but I keep learning and improving little by little.
That's all I did on the hack today, and I'll keep on this the next days till I start getting better results (specially when there's the looping involved)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
weeeee! keep it up, zel! Best of luck and always reach the stars up high! ;)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I think zel stated that he'll add the Battle Tower where the rivals will hang out...

Years
Nice zel It's working out better and better..
I was thinking about a movie with Jimmy The character G/S/C
If you won't find a way to make the legendary dogs run around Johto,maybe adding an event instead is much more fun..
Like Raikou,you can make the event for him like in that movie ( legend of thunder)
I'm sure you will find a way to make those dogs run around Johto but it's just incase it doesn't work :)
anyway good luck with Shiny Gold hope it get's finished soon ..
XxX Crossel XxX

Years
Nice zel It's working out better and better..
I was thinking about a movie with Jimmy The character G/S/C
If you won't find a way to make the legendary dogs run around Johto,maybe adding an event instead is much more fun..
Like Raikou,you can make the event for him like in that movie ( legend of thunder)
I'm sure you will find a way to make those dogs run around Johto but it's just incase it doesn't work :)
anyway good luck with Shiny Gold hope it get's finished soon ..
XxX Crossel XxX

Have you seen the video yet? He already has the dogs running around Johto.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2010
I know a glitch in Beta 4. Its when you find shinies all the time. What you do is after you battle red gyrados, immediately press A and then you will always find shiny Pokemon. I tested it. It works.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Oh their is something small, although its about the spelling of Fuscia City's Gym Leader. In Gold it was Janine or something, in FR it was Charine or something like that. Which one will you use? (I seriously need to find something better to ask then that)
I think you may be a little confused. In Fire Red the Fuchsia gym leader was Koga, in Gold it was his daughter.

I know a glitch in Beta 4. Its when you find shinies all the time. What you do is after you battle red gyrados, immediately press A and then you will always find shiny Pokemon. I tested it. It works.

Alright, before you post anymore glitches, read the first post. This along with pretty much all the glitches in beta 4 have been found and will be fixed in beta 5.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
ALMOST 1000 POST SHINY GOOD IS AWESOME KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ZEL

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Zel: Trainer Hill was in Pokemon Emerald and is the same as the Trainer Tower in Firered, in case you aren't sure what it is, you have to scale 5-8 floors each with battles on each one and when you got to the top you got a prize. In Emerald each floor had a puzzle and double battles on each floor and i believe only 5 floors. In Firered you decided if you want double or single and the difficulty level, there are no puzzles. There was an occasional Shiny in Firered and everytime you battled that trainer that Pokemon would be Shiny. Also in Emerald some trainers had legendaries and unique Pokemon like Unown, Entei and Articuno. You were also allowed to use any Pokemon you wanted

Godot

That's one of my rules.
Years
Just to be safe, did you use any kind of cheat code? I think those things usually do evil stuff to hacked games. If not, oh well, it's not that bad the error, right? :laugh:

lol no i didnt use a code, i just noticed it when i went to buy some potions after losing to carlos in the violet city gym and it said "you have no room for these" and i looked and i had that many potions and looked at my money and had 999999 O_o lol

EDIT: 1000th reply! and 1001th post! yey :)

Last edited:

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
i'm not gonna be playing shiny gold for a while but i know that it will take a long time.

(to the 1000th post addicts)it's just a number of posts not any thing special.good luck zel
i'll pm u some screenies of what an island with mew could look like.

Back