• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021

I'm having the same problem. I even downloaded the rom that Elite Charizard recommended, but still nothing.

Some thing is wrong with your emulator i guess, i just downloaded light platinum and it worked. go to options, emulator, save type, flash 128k, should work.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2015
Hey. Im sure that im going to love the game when it comes out in english, but i found i minor bug (it may be my emulator or rom), but everywhere i go the colors are kind of all yellowish. If other people are having this please tell me. Im only saying this cause its different than the previous beta. It also happens on my iphone emulator. Great hack anyway, it probably wont effect gameplay.

Years
Wow! The Final Beta is released already! :) I already got my first badge from Jessica and a lot of things are now changed. There is day/night, certain buildings you couldn't enter before like the Safari Zone can be entered, trainers use 4-5 Pokemon in their teams, etc. I'll be playing more of this later!

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2011
can i use my common sense to play this game? What i mean is, can i understand the game even if not in english?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Congratulations on making this hack complete! Even if it doesn't have every thing that will be added, you should be proud that you actually got a hack to the point where it can be considered complete!

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Alright people, listen up. I am not going to let this thread turn into the next Flora Sky. If you want to say something, put some thought into it and make it constructive. Posts like "wow the final release is here!" will be deleted for being generic and if I see enough of posts like these, I will start handing out infractions for repeated behavior. Also, if you're having problems playing the game, please read the FAQ. All your problems are most likely addressed there. Thank you.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Someone is working on translating it right? I mean it's certainly playable without one being Pokemon and all, but I don't want to miss out on the creator's story since it seems like he put alot of effort into it

Also is it as challenging as the 2nd beta or did the difficulty get reduced? I remember it took forever to finally be able to buy more Pokeballs, so you had to ignore all wild Pokemon if you wanted the event Pokemon that get handed to you. I also loved how early you got Flamethrower and Ice Beam.

One more question, I noticed the starters are different. Do they have enhanced stats or different movepools?

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
its out....but i can not open it.... :(

plz help me...i downloaded the FINAL VERSION and i open it with Lunar IPS.exe but it says me that it can not read the file. i have opened and onother hacks with this program. have anyone the same problem or only me??? plz help me...what to do????

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
can you tell me with what program you opened it??? i read the posts and i saw that some of you played the game. tell me what program you used to patch the ruby rom.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
Wow it's cool! I loved the graphics, the overworld, the sprites, and everything! But the language..., confuse me... :S, I'm waiting for translated version :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2011
can anyone tell me if this game is playable in vbag1.20? After i start the game, only white screen appears

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2011
i play it with vbag 1.25 symbian, you must change the FLASH from other to 128. than you must click to reset

sry my english is not so good

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
at 1 i love this game:D
at 2 i dont know if those are bugs or just appear in my rom:S:S
when you encounter a pokemon it goes very slow in the battle secuence or stuck in it and when you go in the pc in the pokecenter you can't storage pokemon coz three it stcuk too but not like in the wild pokemon encounter it freezes here...
as i sayd or bugs or just in my rom

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2011
where can i find that flash? There is no option in vbag1.20 that named flash

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2016
can anyone tell me if this game is playable in vbag1.20? After i start the game, only white screen appears

GoOD News For Ya... It's Playable on vbagx 1.20.. i use the same ver as yours... jz go to vbag settings, set Flash to 128k n then reset the game, then u would be able to play it like usual...

Go to the first option (ex - Game,Sound,Graph,Keys & Exit)..Choose "Game" option n u will find Flash..change it to 128K, n reset the game....

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Congratulations on reaching the completion of your hack/mod project!
Damn, finishing an awesome game really takes a lot of time, skills and effort!

Now you can finally rest a bit after that long hard work of hacking/modding.

Anyway, I think I'll wait for an English version of the game before I'll start playing this. ;)

Again, congratulations~!

Back