• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Pokémon Battle Revolution.

Unrelated to your actual point and not even X/Y chat technically (though I guess this is the general Gen VI forum right now?) but you reminded me that we didn't get a console game last gen. Do we reckon there's a chance we will get one this time? PBR was obviously rather disappointing but I love seeing everything on my TV. I just hope it's not Wii U exclusive as I don't have any intention of buying that any time soon.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Unrelated to your actual point and not even X/Y chat technically (though I guess this is the general Gen VI forum right now?) but you reminded me that we didn't get a console game last gen. Do we reckon there's a chance we will get one this time? PBR was obviously rather disappointing but I love seeing everything on my TV. I just hope it's not Wii U exclusive as I don't have any intention of buying that any time soon.

I think it'll be most likely Wii U exclusive. Unless any other companies that have a HD console like Sony or Microsoft makes a deal with Nintendo and Game Freak to license pokemon, which I highly doubt. :(

As for a console game, who knows - when it comes to pokemon, they've planned to prioritize the handheld systems before jumping on to the consoles, and with the 3Ds's technology, they can potentially make games that you see on the gamecube, right on the handheld system. So, the jury is still out on that one.

It'd be nice to see a pokemon console game, I agree. We haven't had one in a while~ maybe one based off of X&Y?

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Yea i'd like another console game. Buuut i'd like it to have a more change of pace than the main series games. Possibly new in-game features and things to do, idk. Anything you guys would like to see in a gen VI console game?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

If any Pokémon Console game is released now, it'll be on the Wii U. Nintendo has said they aren't making anything for the Wii anymore.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
We'll never get a main series game on console. It's been stated many times that the nature of the Pokemon franchise is still portable/handheld-based.

Sure we might get a spinoff on Wii U but not a main series game.

BloodyRoyaltyandNarwhals

Normal with a hint of oddity.
Years
I'm pretty much dieing right now. I want both Chespin and Fenniken on my team (they're so awesome!). And since this is an worldwide release, there's no head start for me to pick the Pokemon I want in my team. Which makes it that much more exciting! I wish it was October already.

Pokemon shouldn't move away from handheld consoles in my opinion. I dunno, it would just kill the whole "take them everywhere" aspect of Pokemon. As for the Pokemon Stadium games, however...

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
We'll never get a main series game on console. It's been stated many times that the nature of the Pokemon franchise is still portable/handheld-based.

Sure we might get a spinoff on Wii U but not a main series game.

I meant that I wanted a spinoff with a different feel than a main series game. Such as Pokemon Colleseum or XD. Even though I havnt played them I assume you can compare them to a main series game in terms of gameplay or storyline?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If any Pokémon Console game is released now, it'll be on the Wii U. Nintendo has said they aren't making anything for the Wii anymore.
Indeed, they prefer to force people to upgrade to something backwards-compatible, then one day remove the backwards compatibility to make it cheaper and your older games - well - useless.

Makes one wonder why B2/W2 were for regular DS after 3DS was out for so long. The DS "last hurrah"?

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
I dont know if anyone has notice, but every pokemon game (Not the Gamecube ones, they don't count)Have been named after a color. And this one... i thinks its gamefreaks way of saying WERE OUT OF IDEAS!!!! PLEASE HELP US WITH COLORS!!!!!!!.... lol.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I dont know if anyone has notice, but every pokemon game (Not the Gamecube ones, they don't count)Have been named after a color. And this one... i thinks its gamefreaks way of saying WERE OUT OF IDEAS!!!! PLEASE HELP US WITH COLORS!!!!!!!.... lol.

Absolutely disagree with you. There's plenty of hints suggesting that X and Y refer to either Genetics or Dimensions. Consequently there is a surplus of colors out there and in fact, Ruby and Sapphire are technically just Red and Blue, so by your train of thought, they ran out of ideas in Gen III. :r

blue

gucci
Years

Not necessarily, they could have used Pink and Purple but they chose something other than colours for a reason. I'm kinda relieved they changed to something different, it's new and well fitting for the transition onto the 3DS.

Btw nothing confirmed but Gamestop have listed Pokemon X & Y release dates as October 31, although I'm sure they did this for B2W2 last year.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Not necessarily, they could have used Pink and Purple but they chose something other than colours for a reason. I'm kinda relieved they changed to something different, it's new and well fitting for the transition onto the 3DS.

Btw nothing confirmed but Gamestop have listed Pokemon X & Y release dates as October 31, although I'm sure they did this for B2W2 last year.
That's how I believe they say, "We'll have it for your holiday shopping season". It could be October 1 for all we know.

And that would work. It's a Tuesday.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

My three Gamestops have it listed as November 1st. Its just a place holder date. Since they don't know when it will be released, they are trying to leave the estimated dates open, so all of October can't be said to release the games. Some will have the last day some will go the month after.

I think I listed all the possible dates already.

Its most likely:
October 6th, October 13th, October 20th, or October 27th. Those are all the Sundays in October. Nintendo favors Sunday release to keep it on a different schedule than Sony and Microsoft.

If its a Tuesday, then October 1st, October 8th, October 15th, October 22nd, or October 29th.

It has a high chance of it being near the middle of the month, so 6th to the 15th for mid October.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Yea I've heard a lot about October 27. I honestly would prefer it on October 20 personally. cuz its my birthday

blue

gucci
Years
I didn't think 31st was a suitable date either way and it does sound like more of a place holder than anything.

The dates I previously estimated commenced in the same week which was;

Japan; Wed Oct 16, UK; Fri Oct 18, US; Sun Oct 20, AU; Tue 22 Oct.

I think that seems the most reasonable time for all areas and if they have the opportunity to localize the games within the same month, why not release them all within the same week to avoid spoilers worldwide.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
Not sue if this has been said before. Does anyone think this generation will have the theme of genetics? I mean, look at the facts: the small rainbo DNA strip that appears on the Japanese game logos, Masuda's emphasis on evolution in his recent blog, the X and Y chromosomes, Xerneas is blue like the male symbol and Yveltal is Red like the female. (though, by no stretch does it look feminine and I know that every version mascot up to this point has had some relation to the colors red and blue)I hope that also means there will be many (pre)evolutions of old Pokemon since that is usually my favorite part of the new generations.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Not sue if this has been said before. Does anyone think this generation will have the theme of genetics? I mean, look at the facts: the small rainbo DNA strip that appears on the Japanese game logos, Masuda's emphasis on evolution in his recent blog, the X and Y chromosomes, Xerneas is blue like the male symbol and Yveltal is Red like the female. (though, by no stretch does it look feminine and I know that every version mascot up to this point has had some relation to the colors red and blue)I hope that also means there will be many (pre)evolutions of old Pokemon since that is usually my favorite part of the new generations.

Yup! There has been great speculation from that! I thought that maybe the version exclusives from each game has to do with gender, since X represents male, and Y represents female, so maybe we can see a male rival in X, and a female rival in Y. Though some have also speculated that the 'X' and 'Y' corresponds with the 3D-axis, where you know, in 3-D, there are about 3 directions (X,Y, and Z). So, there can be a possible theme from that as well. Might be a tad tricky, but there can be!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Haha, the 20th is my birthday too!

That's awesome you guys have a chance of getting the games on your birthday. :)

For me I'm hoping since due to it being in October it's closer to Halloween, thus can have a creepy theme going on in-game when you start, DECORATED WITH ORANGE-Y STUFF like in reality for countries outside of where I am. ;(

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
Yup! There has been great speculation from that! I thought that maybe the version exclusives from each game has to do with gender, since X represents male, and Y represents female, so maybe we can see a male rival in X, and a female rival in Y. Though some have also speculated that the 'X' and 'Y' corresponds with the 3D-axis, where you know, in 3-D, there are about 3 directions (X,Y, and Z). So, there can be a possible theme from that as well. Might be a tad tricky, but there can be!

Exactly. Actually, my friend and I had an argument about weather it would be about genetics or dimensions, but ( from a marketing standpoint) it would probably benefit Game Freak to just do both. also it's kind of hard to imagine what the third legendary or game(s) would represent in the case of genetics since there are only X&Y chromosomes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back