• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Terra

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Ok theres quite a bit of things I gotta say here....the premise i good, and I like the alternate starters. But here's my complaints that should be addressed.

1: Dialogue needs a do-over. Some of the NPCs are the equivalent of the "I AM ERROR" guy from Zelda 2 on the NES.

2: There's no rhyme or reason behind finding a satchel with no owner, and no one questioning where their pokemon vanished to after you collected them. If your angle was to replicate the way you get a starter in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, you'll need a professor of some kind to have it actually make sense.

3: If you want to make the light ball obtainable that early give it to the Pikachu you catch at the start. It doesn't make alot of sense to have a Wooper hold it even if its a special encounter in the first town. also why is there a wild wooper hanging out in someone's house anyway? I was expecting the fisherman to at least mention he wants it removed and that there'd be a reward if you could help him. Also the Light Ball should boost Pikchu's attack as well as special attack, though I dunno if you know how to do that so I guess it can be a moot point.

3: Make Voltorb and Buizel obtainable later on, Sonic Boom OHKOs anything with less than 20 HP, or remove Sonic Boom from their movesets entirely.

4: While I am glad to have a likitung so early in the game, it's very out of place at the same time. Not asking for a change, but I am curious as to why it was put there. I'm also surprised it doesn't have pound or tackle as a base move since it needs something besides Lick to do damage with.

5: If you wanna have the villains show up early on before the first badge thats your right to do so, but why do they know who the main character is and have it out for him right away? It makes no sense, and falls into the same vein as my first point with regards to the dialogue needing some revision.

Now the game may be completed, obviously, but I wanted to bring these points up should you decide to make a new update for this game as these are things that are kinda ruining my experiance a smidge. I hope this helps.

Korzone

The Zone
Years
I'm stuck at the Frontier where the person says to talk to the captain to go to the next route, but he just keeps asking for a ticket. Am I missing something?

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
which is ok the updated one or the tweaked?

DarkDon43

Delta Shock Creator
Years
I'm stuck at the Frontier where the person says to talk to the captain to go to the next route, but he just keeps asking for a ticket. Am I missing something?
There is a poke ball near the ship it is near the trees to the right

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2023
I have a question. Does this hack include Physical/Special Split?
Edit: I found the Split.

Last edited:

DarkDon43

Delta Shock Creator
Years
Well I don't know as I'm done with Pokemon hacking in general as I've moved on to making
RPG Maker games and if there are more problems I'll try my best to solve them.

DarkDon43

Delta Shock Creator
Years
Well I could but I had grown tired of rom hacking in general as I've moved onto RPG Maker

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
This keeps happening. i've patched and repatched to a clean emerald rom. The intro is also messed up, and doesn't play beyond asking your name, then at least one character has no script and can't be interacted with.

The person in the coat on the first route disappears after you talk to him but his script is still there. you can't walk through the tile, and you can talk to him again. it says the same thing.

im using my clean copy of emerald, 1986 - Pokemon - Emerald Version (U),

when i try to patch it to the 650 rom, it does the same thing in the intro, then freezes as you shrink to start your adventure.

This game LOOKS really good but i can't play it ):

Attachments

• juyhtgrfed.png
    juyhtgrfed.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Trainer next to leader in 2nd gym crashes the game before sending out a Pokemon, 2nd trainer in 5th gym crashes game when his frosslass uses ominous wind, quite a few people you can't talk to, signs that can't be read, and poke balls that can't be picked up

HiroyukiSaito

Hiroyuki
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 26, 2017
Hey so i want to make a physical cart of this. and so i made a label for it, im going to share it here and if u wanna use it u dont need to credit me es cool
IXKStbY.png

ShabitScotland

Samosharott
Years
The Level curve seems to rise really fast and it becomes very annoying to fight against the Trainers, i have to Grind a lot to beat them.
I couldn't evolve Kirlia into Gallade, it crashed the Game when i give the Dawn Stone to Kirlia.
The Mapping is really weird and Nostagic in some ways.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 15, 2020
If I pick Larvitar, and don't grind more than necessary to beat the game, should I have it fully evolved before beating all the gym leaders?

Twisty

Starter of many nuzlockes, winner of very, very fe
Years
This is possibly the worst hack I've ever played. It's a clumsy, stilted mess. The intro is broken, random people hate me for some reason, the dialogue is pointless, the story makes no sense (what little there is, anyway), the starter choices are weird, the mapping is boring and overly spacious etc etc
I see you've decided to move on to RPG maker. Good choice.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Dec 24, 2023
This is possibly the worst hack I've ever played. It's a clumsy, stilted mess. The intro is broken, random people hate me for some reason, the dialogue is pointless, the story makes no sense (what little there is, anyway), the starter choices are weird, the mapping is boring and overly spacious etc etc
I see you've decided to move on to RPG maker. Good choice.

So i was just looking an hack to play.... and i saw this game and also i've read all comments(i know it's an buggy game ) but dude it's hard to make an rom hack (even roms that just an fire red revamp) they take weeks..... so atleast appreciate it if you didn't like it go find another game or any subject
(btw it's almost 2 yrs)

Back