• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Ending up in a black "world" when warping!

So me and my friend are starting a hack and we are done with the first city and the first route. But when we test-play the game there is a problem. When you come downstairs in the protagonists house and try to go out to the city (warping from house to city) you end up in a black "world" with no sprites or anything, you only see a black screen and hear the Pallet Town music. :cer_confused:

Can someone explain why this is happening and how to fix it? PLEASE?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
How using unLZ.GBA I can found overworld trainers sprites in Emerland Rom? What numbers are they?

Trainers start at #1868, and end at #1960.

I was just wondering if there was a "changesprite" command that would change a character's sprite from one sprite to another.

No such command exists, unless you want to use ASM, or have JPANs hack engine for Firered.

Well, technically, there is an address in the memory that tells which person number is controlled by the D-pad. But the camera won't follow them. So either ASM or JPANs Hack Engine.

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
Before i ask: Yes i did search. For several hours actually.
Does anyone have a link to an emerald titlescreen tutorial? I see millions for firered and even ruby but not one for emerald.

droomph

weeb
Years
Sorry, we don't have any. But if you need to do it RIGHT NOW you can always play around in unLZ if you wanted. Emerald should have a similar format as to FR (probably even easier) so it shouldn't be impossible if you know what you're doing.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 24, 2015
ok so im using advance trainer and i want to add pokemon to a trainer so i chnage the # that the trainer has and it says repoint needed. What is repoint needed and how do i do that? i did look the tutorials but didnt see anything on a-trainer

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
Sorry, we don't have any. But if you need to do it RIGHT NOW you can always play around in unLZ if you wanted. Emerald should have a similar format as to FR (probably even easier) so it shouldn't be impossible if you know what you're doing.
Ive just decided to switch to firered seemings how theres a hacked engine for it and everythings covered like it isnt with emerald.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
ok so im using advance trainer and i want to add pokemon to a trainer so i chnage the # that the trainer has and it says repoint needed. What is repoint needed and how do i do that? i did look the tutorials but didnt see anything on a-trainer

In A-trainer, there's an actual button that says "Repoint". Click it, and it'll tell you the old offset, a place to type in a new offset, number of bytes needed, and a suggested offset. I usually just copy the suggested offset into the new offset, and click "repoint".

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Hello, I'm currently hacking Firered with adv. map and connected Pallet Town with a new map to the right, but ever since I did that (And if I play my game I can go to that map and back without a problem) every time I go to a different map a notification appears saying "Access violation at address 004C1523 in module 'advance map exe.' Read of address 00000310" And I cannot acces my map connections editor anymore...

Could anyone help with this?

droomph

weeb
Years
Hello, I'm currently hacking Firered with adv. map and connected Pallet Town with a new map to the right, but ever since I did that (And if I play my game I can go to that map and back without a problem) every time I go to a different map a notification appears saying "Access violation at address 004C1523 in module 'advance map exe.' Read of address 00000310" And I cannot acces my map connections editor anymore...

Could anyone help with this?
I think you might have accidentally broken something. Try restarting, and if you have any special maps you NEEED to save just go ahead and save them as a .map file (on the File menu, etc.)

I'm sorry...it's just sometimes (as we don't know everything) the programs go KABLOOIE and you need to start all over again.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years

link12552

decade club
Years
In the ToolBox there are a few "Overworld Editors" that are made to edit those sprites.

Also, I believe Nameless Sprite Editor works for this aswell.

Yeah, you could use NSE 2.X, but it'd be difficult, because I never released / finished the OW plugin :P

For now you can still use NSE [classic].
Although it's older, it should do everything you want an OW editor to do...
that is until I get the OW plugin for NSE 2.X worked out

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Hello, I want to know if there is a way to mass export and re-import all pokemon sprites at once for FireRed.

I was replacing all the pokemon sprites with unLZ-GBA and checking them with a sprite editor and it seems I corrupted something with the text graphics early on - which I didn't notice until I finished and ran the rom, so all my backups have this problem. I really don't want to have to re-add them all again individually so being able to mass export and re-import to a clean rom would really help me out a lot.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
adoiki.jpg

I'm reusing the outside and inside of the old Pokemon Mansion on Cinnibar Island for my hack. But everytime I enter it, I get the above picture. Although it's a very nice picture, I don't want it on my new and improved mansion. How do I keep this from happening?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
adoiki.jpg

I'm reusing the outside and inside of the old Pokemon Mansion on Cinnibar Island for my hack. But everytime I enter it, I get the above picture. Although it's a very nice picture, I don't want it on my new and improved mansion. How do I keep this from happening?

Go to the header, and change the ????? [07] to either Do not show name [00] or Show name [01]. I think that stops the image coming up.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
Nope, didn't work. Although I do think it has something to do with something in the header, cause in the header I changed the name from POKéMON MANSION to XXXXX MANSION. I think it has something to do with the data stored in that particular name.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Nope, didn't work. Although I do think it has something to do with something in the header, cause in the header I changed the name from POKéMON MANSION to XXXXX MANSION. I think it has something to do with the data stored in that particular name.

Errr hmm, perhaps it is connected to the map script 1 (on entering map/not on menu close). Try removing that :).

Bit of a shot in the dark.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
Well, I took the name-list in the header tab, changed it to Safari Zone, changed SAFARI ZONE to XXXXXX MANSION and then I get the Safari Zone picture instead of the old Pokemon Mansion picture. So it has something to do with the data stored with the name.

So, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back