• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

anyone wrote silly stories when they were young?

Years
don't think I have it anymore, but I used to have a pink notebook as a kid where I wrote a bunch of silly stories, mostly about defeating monsters in Sailor Moon, an anime I was really into at the time (age 8-9). i'd show my parents when I finished a chapter and they would give me compliments, and I'd feel so proud ahaha. around this age was when I first wanted to be an author when I grew up! most kids are probably into writing/art/creative things when they're young, so what did you guys write about as kids? or did you start writing later?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I remember way back in middle school I started my very first story. And it was the basic Pokemon Trainer story with a little brother. Nothing special really but I wanted to try writing a story. I'm not sure if I have it still or if I even posted parts of it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
My first main set of stories I did was during early high school days, some comedy scripts about two dumb characters annoying everyone. I had some of my friends read them, and enjoyed making those. I tried out another short-lived script later, before then deciding to try out a parody of Pokemon Colosseum, and that blew up into a multi-year project with too many views.

The two dumb characters, btw? They were called Bob and Bill.

Bay

Years
Technically I first wrote a story in middle school that's basically a retelling of the episode of the kids show Detention (I think?) but with the characters having different names lol. During high school I wrote a historical novella that's about a knight fighting in a war and his family running away after their village burned down. The family eventually reunited but then the knight died lol. I also wrote a murder mystery about the main character trying to find her sister's murderer and then got into a relationship with the detective.

Wow, high school me was being too serious there lol.

Years
I started writing stories basically the moment I could write enough words to do so, there's bound to be some cringe-inducing stories in there somewhere. Thing is, I wouldn't say I wrote much in the way of "silly" stuff though since basically the entire way through my schooling I primarily wrote horror stories. I remember in like year 9 or so I wrote a crime thriller short set in a zoo for a national exam. I was a weird kid.

The only silly thing I remember was a comedy short story about a cat trying to impress another cat when I was in year six. Also for a school assignment. Being silly was kind of the point though :')

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I have small notebooks in which I wrote fanfictions of Kingdom Hearts with my OC being Riku's love interest because I felt bad for him. I was 11 and I found those notebooks again recently. It's awful lot of cringe but it was cute to read how my mind worked 13 years ago :)

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
I didn't write when I was young. I drew maps.

It wasn't till my early teen years and playing some RPGs and stuff like PMD I envisioned stories in my head, but never really tackled any form of writing craft.

Wasn't till I'd say five to six years ago I actually began dabbling, and for the record it was Shattered Crests draft one and it was hot garbage I would never want anyone to have their eyes melt as they read the horrible way I conveyed all that could be considered a Mediocre Shonen Jump story, but even dumber.

I'd say the love and interest in stories was always there, but it took time for appreciating other stories, learning how to examine some, tackling it and finding enjoyment for it, growing in skill from feedback, and my self thinking and ideals growing along with me and having a means to discuss my thoughts or atoms clashing in my head through paper that really built up to me doing it today. So in a way, I'd say I was in the baby steps phaze, before the running while falling so much, before being able to jog okay now.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I had an old toughbook laptop that I used each morning as I waited for the bus to come when I wasn't playing Pokemon. I would sit on my front porch and write for about 30 minutes each day from grades 4-5 about a terribly cringey amalgam of Final Fantasy and Percy Jackson, both of which I had just recently experienced and become obsessed with. There were also some very basic accents of mystery tossed in that were more or less ripped straight from Artemis Fowl. For the time that I was working on it, I really enjoyed it. Looking back on it now it was a complete dumpster fire that I'm glad is sitting in a trash heap somewhere, but it was definitely the first hint towards my desire of becoming an author.

I also used our "free journal time" during class in grade 3 to write out yu-gi-oh fan episodes in a comp notebook that I do still have tucked away in a box somewhere.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I don't think I was a very creative kid, like word-wise - I was more into visual arts because I was always good at that, but I was kind of embarrassed to try creative writing, and it wasn't really called for in many classes. English was more analysis of literature than writing your own stuff, at the most we might explore writing poetry, which I was okay at, but I always felt more like I was writing for the sake of the class, and using whatever literary devices we were exploring for a good grade, rather than really being creative.

I don't think it was really until I started RPing here that I dabbled in writing stories, and even then I was a little embarrassed to be creative and really immerse myself in these worlds at first, but with chatting in my RP groups on Discord, I'm getting a lot more comfortable with it.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
You probably wouldn't believe it, but back when I was 7 or 8 I used to write stories about personified... trees. No real lore behind it and no real thought put into it - in fact, those trees acted just like humans and moved around no problem on their... idk, roots? Never bothered to give a reason for it. I also remember that my stories started off interesting, with nice descriptions, but would soon become rushed and end with something like "they all went back home". Oops!

I also was already into world building, as I had created a whole country based on my garden... and really, it was very fun to just add things to it as time went on! Although, besides some rushed drawings and some nice memories, there's not too much that is left of it. And really, I guess that was my problem as a kid - while I was very creative, I would struggle staying in focus and working on the same idea. Much like now, I guess... but even worse since, of course, I was a kid!

Years
When I was a kid I would write and draw comics which I think can accurately be described as silly. Although I don't think it was a matter of creativity as much as it was just me straight-up copying things I saw on TV or in Captain Underpants books. The same goes for 3rd grade homework assignments I got that were just "use these vocabulary words in a story". After elementary school that sort of stopped until I wrote some fanfiction and a really bad original story when I was 16, but none of that lasted long. RPing has gotten me back into writing in a way that doesn't make my entire body curl into a ball from cringing so hard.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Oh man, you have no idea how many silly stories I wrote/drew. They ranged from drawn skits with asdfmovie-style humor to episodic comics with no sense of paneling to really cheesy Pokémon fanfiction. I still kinda like them, not just because they don't make me cringe 100% of the time, but also because there's something about them I wanna turn back to. I think my sense of humor was on to something, I made characters I wish I've never abandoned for so long, and there's something charming about the premise of a Pokémon series that felt like The Amazing World of Gumball.

Years
You probably wouldn't believe it, but back when I was 7 or 8 I used to write stories about personified... trees. No real lore behind it and no real thought put into it - in fact, those trees acted just like humans and moved around no problem on their... idk, roots? Never bothered to give a reason for it. I also remember that my stories started off interesting, with nice descriptions, but would soon become rushed and end with something like "they all went back home". Oops!

I also was already into world building, as I had created a whole country based on my garden... and really, it was very fun to just add things to it as time went on! Although, besides some rushed drawings and some nice memories, there's not too much that is left of it. And really, I guess that was my problem as a kid - while I was very creative, I would struggle staying in focus and working on the same idea. Much like now, I guess... but even worse since, of course, I was a kid!

This actually sounds kind of amazing. It'd make for a fantastic children's series.

Years
i found merely writing stores boring back in my youth, so i drew a buunch of comics. pretty much still stories but with drawings right? i remember asking my mom to buy those cheap newsprint papers by the ream and i'd handily clean it all out within a month or so. it was brown-ish paper and i used pencil, so you can imagine how hard it was to see most of the stuff i made lol.

i happily passed it around to elementary classmates and they all seemed to enjoy it, but i stopped doing it on the regular by the time high school came around because grades were more important in my household than creativity :c i can't even remember where most of those are anymore... i used to stack them up in a cabinet in my old room, but said room has belonged to my aunt for a couple years now so they've most probably already been trashed. a physical manifestation of my childhood gone, just like that...

Back