• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Why must there be so many options!?!?! I am wanting to get one that is not a big slow wall of a thing if that thins it out a bit.

Years
I have two little questions! :) Sorry if they have been answered before!
Where do I find Thundurus in Black 2? Also what are those Abyssal ruins? Do I have to solve any mystery? Thank you in advance! :)

Years
I have two little questions! :) Sorry if they have been answered before!
Where do I find Thundurus in Black 2? Also what are those Abyssal ruins? Do I have to solve any mystery? Thank you in advance! :)

I'll answer for you.

1. No, you can't catch Thundurus directly in Black 2. You need to trade one over from the original White or, if you have a 3DS, you can get one in the Pokemon Dream Radar app.

2. The Abyssal Ruins are located in Undella Bay, and can be accessed by using Dive in the dark spots. You don't get the Dive HM until after you beat the E4 and Champion but you can catch a Wailmer or Seel and have it learn Dive by level-up. Also, you don't need to solve any mystery but you can pick up some neat items you can sell to a guy in Undella Town for big amounts of money!

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
1) The only legitimate ways to obtain a Thundurus in Black 2 is to either trade with someone who owns one or to obtain one from Dream Radar if you happen to own a 3DS and have the game.

2) The Abyssal Ruins is a location in Undella Bay (you have to use Dive) where you have a limited amount of time to explore an underground ruin and find items. I'm fairly sure there is something else there but I just don't remember what.

EDIT: Sniped again >.<

Years
Thank you for the answers guys! :) Really helped me! Although, my mistake! I did not mean Thundurus but Tornadus! :( haha Sorry
I searched for Tornadus everywhere! :( I still cant find him. Thanks again and sorry for the mistake!

tabor62

Years
Unfortunately it is the same with Tornadus as with Thundurus and Landorus. You cannot obtain any of them in Black 2 or White 2 without trading with someone that already has them or get Dream Radar for the 3DS.

tabor62

Years
No, unfortunately not. I feel like I'm dragging this question out and I need to get to sleep, but head over to the Quick Trade Thread and post a trade request. Someone may take notice and may want to trade with you or help you out. Just make sure you read the rules and what not.

~~signing off

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
In need of some information...

Hey, guys!

I'm in a bit of a bind, and I'm hoping someone can help. I have recently been playing Pokemon Black 2, and I frequently use the pokemon global link, and play on the dream world, to get pokemon. Last night, I played on dream world, made a wish at the tree, closed the game, but decided that I would get the pokemon today, as I was pretty tired. So, I didn't wake my sleeping pokemon up. I got up today, turned my game on, tried to waken up, but found out that the network is undergoing maintenance and that my tucked in pokemon couldn't be woken up until it was completed. Since then, however, I have completed the game and want to start over.

If I start over, while a pokemon is tucked in, could it be harmful to my game?

P.S. I also posted this thread in the gaming central section. Apologies for that, I never noticed this section, and think this thread would be better off in here. Sorry, again.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Maintenance is on until 9 p.m. ET today. I presume dreaming Pokémon will be maintained, but it's possible any sleeping Pokémon will be woken up as well, as this has been done before in cases of long updates. Also remember you can only access the DW for one hour each day, so if you leave and try to return over an hour after starting your session, you're locked out. You have to do everything in that hour. However, I don't see that being your problem as you're just trying to wake up from the game. You have to wait until after 9 p.m. ET.

I made my trip to the DW late yesterday and woke up before the maintenance to prevent any problems, so the 20 hour period literally covers the entire 18 of the maintenance. My earliest access will be when the maintenance is scheduled to end. You CAN wake up after 9 p.m. ET and send another Pokémon to dreamland for your next "dream". That won't be a problem. The question is whether the data will be kept during the maintenance.

Thus, try after 9 p.m. ET (for reference, it's 1:18 p.m. ET right now, so in 7 hours and 42 minutes from the time or this post) and see if your Pokémon is still there.

UPDATE: Pokémon Global Link is back now, so try again!

Cyclone

Last edited:

Trainer Evan

Loses lots, but keeps trying!
Years
Encountered Game Breaking Glitch on Black 2 on 3DS

So I just bought a copy of Pokemon Black 2 because I need something better to play on my new XL3DS, but am getting constantly plagued about an hour in by a LEGITIMATELY GAME BREAKING GLITCH. The first glitch of this magnitude, or glitch period Ive come across playin a pokemon game, or ANY Nintendo First Party Title. It's terrible. Need help.

Situation is that when I go into a battle, even against other trainers, and tap, or select the "Fight" option, and then select or tap the move I wish to use, instead of my pokemon using the move it brings up the description and stats of the moves I select, with no means of continuing. I can back out and try again, but the same thing happens. It's happening consistently, and I have to sit there for minutes, fiddling around or changing pokemon until the move finally works when I hit it, like it's supposed to. It's as if over half the time I go into battle and select the "Fight" option the game system is confused and thinks I'm in the "Check Moves" tab of the interface. Any help would be appreciated.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hmm about the second suitation make sure your not pressing the L or R buttons because that also happened to me long time ago
Is that how you bring that up? I've had it come up once in a blue moon and couldn't figure out how to do it when I wanted to; this is useful information. I'm going to test this.

TEST COMPLETE. Make sure you're not holding down the L button. The R button does nothing. Holding down the L button brings up the move details as you select the move, while not pressing that button causes the move to execute as normal.

Cyclone

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2018
Just beat the E4 and Champion. What's worth doing at this point? I'm not a huge fan of most of the legendaries. I've seen what the walkthrough says, but is anything actually worth it at this point?

tabor62

Years
You could always try post game things like going to the top floor of Black Tower/White Tree Hollow. (Can't remember other post game stuff haha)

Alternatively you could try and complete your Pokedex and trade a lot, you could start to play competitively and raise crazy strong teams, or you can restart your game and take on a challenge.

However in the end, it's all up to you. That's just some suggestions I can throw your way.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
You could always try post game things like going to the top floor of Black Tower/White Tree Hollow. (Can't remember other post game stuff haha)

Alternatively you could try and complete your Pokedex and trade a lot, you could start to play competitively and raise crazy strong teams, or you can restart your game and take on a challenge.

However in the end, it's all up to you. That's just some suggestions I can throw your way.

To add, you can explore eastern Unova, which you weren't able to do at the main storyline.

Years
Adding onto what the two above me said, there's also various Legendary Pokemon you can catch like Reshiram/Zekrom, Kyurem, Latias/Latios, the Lake Guardians and Heatran.

Not to mention you can also get access to the Day Care on Route 3 if you want to breed Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Can you tell me the "path" to change background
qMsMo2v.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back