• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
If I mod a trainer using A-Trainer such that I give them a Revive/Max-Revive/Sacred Ash as one of their four items, will the AI use them? Or will it not work with those kinds of items? Same question for Full Heals and the various X-Items as well.

Just wondering.

The opposing trainer will use stat-raising items as well items which heal their Pokemon's status, but as has been mentioned, they will not use items which revive Pokemon. This is because they only focus their attention on the Pokemon which is on the field, rather than also taking into account the conditions present in the rest of their party.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
1,2 & 3

To hacks0rus,

Firstly, thnx for the tutorials. Second, I need an Emerald title screen hacking tutorial (sorry if that sounded rude) & lastly, I meant like......if I insert Darkrai & I want to create an event for Darkrai like Rayquaza & the others at Sootopolis City, how do I?

Thnx again.

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
I have a question. I want to create a double battle just like the one in pokemon emerald with Steven against team magma, except that I want to put it in firered. How would you do this?

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
I know this might have been asked before (but search function failed me to find so)

I'm working with pokémon Emerald, but I'm adding fakemon. That is, when I try to replace Shedinja, the outcome will always have 1 HP (because it's hard-coded in the game, not just through stats)

Question is: How to disable it, so the fakemon replacing Shedinja actually HAS HP?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Hello! Thanks for the help, I downloaded ZodiacDaGreat's Item Manager, but it too gave me the error.

Spoiler:

I tried using another Item Editor, apparently it's a "mod" of the original one I was using. The mod was made by Team Snag'em. None of these three editors worked though. I kept receiving the same error but with different numbers. Do you have any idea if there are any other editors that may allow me to fix this problem? Thanks again.

I tested it in Fire Red using A-Trainer. I gave the opponent 3 Revives and 1 Max Revive, but the AI did not use any of them. I stalled the battle for a few minutes and nothing.

Here's the script I was using:

Spoiler:

The best solution would be to crack open the good old hex editor, and open up a copy of your rom and a rom that actually works, and copy paste the first couple bytes. That should work, but I don't know where the offset for the Item stuff is. If I find it, I'll post it here.

If I mod a trainer using A-Trainer such that I give them a Revive/Max-Revive/Sacred Ash as one of their four items, will the AI use them? Or will it not work with those kinds of items? Same question for Full Heals and the various X-Items as well.

Just wondering.

I'd like to continue the above post by saying that Full Heals will work, since a few gym leaders have them. I don't know about any of the others, but I don't think X items will work.

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
Years
I'd like to continue the above post by saying that Full Heals will work, since a few gym leaders have them. I don't know about any of the others, but I don't think X items will work.

What about the topical gym trainers in the Petalburg Gym? Do they require specific instructions to use their X-items? I think Misty had an x-item in one of the games as well.

My question is, would it be possible to randomise the Elite Four members for rematches? I.e. there would be, say, 8 possible trainers, but four of those would be randomly chosen when the trainer enters the first League room, to be faced before the champion?
Example:
Possible: Bruno, Agatha, Lance, Will, Lorelei, Koga.
First E4 rematch: e.g. Agatha, Will, Bruno, Koga
Second rematch: e.g. Will, Lorelei, Agatha, Lance
And each following rematch would be a random combination of those trainers.
So, would that be possible?

Thanks in advance.
-HF

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
I have a script in which the sprite is meant to walk down some stairs and disappear...but I cannot seem to make it go away, it just stands at the top of the stairs...help?

Here's the script:
#org $script
faceplayer
message $talk
$talk 1 = Hey! Check this out!
boxset 6
applymovement 14 $move
$move 1 ; #binary 0x08 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x09 0x09 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
release
end

Death_Mande

Avenged Sevenfold.
Years
The best solution would be to crack open the good old hex editor, and open up a copy of your rom and a rom that actually works, and copy paste the first couple bytes. That should work, but I don't know where the offset for the Item stuff is. If I find it, I'll post it here.

Thanks for the reply mate! I found this offset in one of the Editor's .ini files:

ItemData = &H3DB028

It's for fire red. The index of the item I screwed up was 34, which was originally ether but now I get my item. Any other help is appreciated!

Edit:

Thanks for the help redrider! I opened up the ROMs and copied a few lines of bytes from the clean ROM and pasted them on my damaged one. I loaded the ROM on the offset and it no longer gives me the error! xD! This just saved me a few long hours of hacking a different ROM, since I had no backup XD!
I have a script in which the sprite is meant to walk down some stairs and disappear...but I cannot seem to make it go away, it just stands at the top of the stairs...help?

Here's the script:
#org $script
faceplayer
message $talk
boxset 6
applymovement 14 $move
pausemove 0x0000
release
end

Try adding this special to the sprite's list of movements:

0x60

I haven't worked with PokeScript since 2007 so, I don't know much about it. I suggest switching to XSE, since it's a bit easier to understand and it's not as buggy as PokeScript is >.<!

Last edited:

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Is there a way to hear all the fanfare jingles that are listed in Advance Map?

You could either download Sappy, which you could google, or you could consult this documentation of sounds in the game, courtesy of Blitz. You could also make a script that plays each sound, displays the sound number, waits for the sound to be done, and then play the next one

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Hi, I'm new here (didn't know I had made an account 1 year ago O-o)

Here is my question: how can I change the 4 pokemons appearing in Ruby Intro?
When there's a Sharpedo and a Duskull fighting Torchic and Mudkip.
I would like to change them for other pokemons.

I'm pretty sure it's not hard to do, maybe some hex editing, but I have no knowledge at all in this and I didn't find any tutorial about this so far (and I searched for a while).

My rom-hack is just for fun so changing this is not really important, but I would appreciate if anyone who already did this or knows how to do could help me with this.

Thanks o:

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 1, 2016
So, I've been trying to edit some of the sprites in HeartGold, mainly Lyra's. I have replacements for everything, but I need assistance.

I can change most of the overworld sprites with BTX Editor and PokeTEX, but there's one sheet I've been unable to find and replace. That's the "Using HM" sequence... If I knew where it was and how to change it (assuming it's different than the other overworlds), it'd help a lot.

I also need to know how to change her back sprites (I've been able to find the first two frames, but I need the rest), her trainer card sprite (I forget if there's a Pokeathlon variant), her mugshot, and her character select sprite (if that's even possible...). Again, I have replacements, but I don't know how to change them, and I've searched for quite some time.

Years
HI! i just got rpg maker and i want to ask is there a tutorial for rpg maker specificaly for creating pokemon hacks? and what other programs do i need for hacking roms?
sorry its my first time hacking and i want to be better at it

~ m163l

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

Here's the script:
#org $script
faceplayer
message $talk
boxset 6
applymovement 14 $move
pausemove 0x0000
release
end

You're going to want to set a flag in your script to ensure that the OW disappears forever while writing some extra commands. Adding #raw 0x60 to the person's movements like suggested earlier may make the OW 'disappear' visually, but in actuality the event is still there and can be interacted with so the stairs will remain blocked.

To make the OW disappear add this directly to your script after the 'pausemove' command (but not in the movement themselves which also utilise #raws):

Code:
#raw 53
#raw [Person Event Number]
#raw 00

As for the flag I mentioned earlier, set one that you haven't used in the ROM yet during the script and write that number in the OW's 'Person ID' box. That way they will disappear forever, instead of reappearing after you take a single step.

Also, I agree highly with Death_Mande's suggestion to start using XSE 1.1.1 as PokeScript is old, buggy and outclassed in every single way possible.

HI! i just got rpg maker and i want to ask is there a tutorial for rpg maker specificaly for creating pokemon hacks? and what other programs do i need for hacking roms?

~ m163l

Hey there! RPG Maker isn't used for making Pokemon hacks, but you can use it to make your very own fan-made games without being restricted by the limitations of Nintendo's original releases. If you want to learn how to make your game with RPG Maker then you will find a lot of useful information in PokeCommunity's Game Development Forum which is a completely separate area from ROM Hacking.

However, if you you decide to stick with ROM Hacking instead, then you can find a whole variety of tools in our Toolbox sub forum.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
I'm using Advance Text to edit battle screen text in Fire Red.

When trying to insert text that is longer than the original string, the program usually just automatically repoints the inserted text and everything is fine. However, for some reason, the text is sometimes NOT repointed and this message comes up:

"There's enough space after the text. The text won't be repointed."

What happens then is the text is left in its original position and spills over into surrounding strings, corrupting or deleting them from the ROM entirely. For example, if I replace a 10-character long string with one that is 40 characters long, and Advance Text decides not to repoint it, it will entirely swallow up a 10-character long string that originally was situated right next to it, thus deleting said string from the game and corrupting the ROM.

In other words, when this message comes up, there is certainly NOT "enough space after the text" and it shouldn't be doing this at all.

Are there any workarounds for this problem? Is there any way to set Advance Text to always repoint text longer than the original, rather than leaving it in the same position?

nicom10101

Neku
Years
pokemon fire red hack title screen need help

can anyone help me edit the title name of pokemon fire red? i wanna change the name of fire red version into poison version, pls need help!!

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
I encountered another problem! It isn't big, or anything, but well, it's little unpleasant.
tl;dr
See this.
IOB9V.png

Wat do?
You probably crashed your ROM... Do you have any backups? If not then you will need to start again... :(

can anyone help me edit the title name of pokemon fire red? i wanna change the name of fire red version into poison version, pls need help!!
Why haven't you seen for Tutorial section? It is on the first page:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196269

Next time try to find it on your own :)

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years

~ m163l
Those aren't real hacks; they're simulations. Which is not to say that they're bad, it's just that they're not hacks.

If you want to try hacking, get Advance-Map, and then a Script editor (like PKSV or XSE), and then try looking in the Toolbox forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back