• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Gamers Unite

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
I really like Mortal Kombat a lot. Buuuuut I watched... Enter the Dragon, I think. Man. MK got knocked down a few notches, because it's basically a remake of that movie.

And who doesn't love Double Dragon? Right? ...right?

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
Username:The Sceptile King
Current Console of Choice:GameCube (PC most recently)
Favourite Game:Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Mario or Luigi? Luigi he just has always been my favorite

My most hated mechanic in video games is "wait here for 5 muinets while i go and get some food!" yeah

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Username: Myrrhman
Current Console of choice: behind PC, I guess its DS
Favorite Games: There are so many. Pokemon series, Fire Emblem Series, FFTA/2, Advance Wars Series, LoL, Disgaea, Lost in Blue Series
Mario or Luigi: Probs Luigi because of this

Most hated game mechanic: I hate cutscenes. So much.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Most hated mechanic: Poor battle mechanics development in general. Including skills that become obsolete just as soon as next skills are released/obtained. And the stupid wait/action bar/gauge for turn based battles. Whoever came up with that boring system should be tarred and feathered. .__.;; FFS just let it be strategically turn based or FAA. The two should NEVER mix!

-------

LOL total utter Game Over-age here: http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34167189

I love his little exclamation of surprise "BLOODY ELL" *dead*. Teehehehee.

Now if I can get video to render. *__*

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Username: Ninagon
Current Console of Choice: PS3
Favourite Game: The Call of Duty franchise. Very mainstream, i know.
Mario or Luigi? Mario, oddly enough due to AC II (Assassins Creed)

The worst mechanic in some games, is your ability to jump. It is atrocious. Makes most games harder than they should be. Nuff' said.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
^May I ask why you hate the jumping mechanic?

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Q.How often do you get a new game and what is the way you most commonly purchase your games?

A. I get them every few months or so, the most common is retail but I sometimes get them off PSN.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I usually get games from EB Games at the mall lol, like people should. If people keep buying everything online game stores will go out of business and the economy will DIE. IT WILL DIE. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?!

But honestly I don't get games very often anymore. Probably 3 or 4 times a year.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I usually get games from EB Games at the mall lol, like people should. If people keep buying everything online game stores will go out of business and the economy will DIE. IT WILL DIE. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?!

But honestly I don't get games very often anymore. Probably 3 or 4 times a year.
Yes, that's exactly what I want. They would be doing the gaming industry a huge favor if they went out of business.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Well, not all game stores, but gamestop(which owns EB games), and a few other really bad ones. Beyond the horrible price gouging and horrible customer service, they are the main source of used games, and even try to encourage people to buy used copies of games when they're already intent on buying a new copy. Honestly, they're worse than pirates.

Worry about the game devs going out of business, not the game stores.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Wait wait wait - so you're telling me that Gamestop owns EB Games? I wonder why they bothered having EB Games out here at all. Why don't they just call it Gamestop the world over and be done with it? I've been trying not to say "EB Games" this whole time thinking nobody would have any idea what I was talking about :P

This blows my mind.

Though for what it's worth, I've never bought a used game from there. I buy all my games new :3

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
So EB Games does exist I knew it. I find myself buying games online more then Gamestop now. however Newbury Comics sometimes has games for pretty cheap. I found Naruto Generations for 19.99 the other day. I think I buy about 20ish games a year. Grant you I buy a lot of older stuff a lot so its fairly cheap.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Oh I have the most intense hate for eb games. Not only are they over Priced but they also sold me a broken copy of platinum that wouldn't save ! I hate them. I usually go to big w or Kmart now cause they are usually cheaper.

And to answer my own topic I probably get five Or so games a year.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I buy... a lot of games per year. :( Apparently I've added 30 to my Backloggery this year and I don't even add everything. To be fair, tons are from indie bundles and the like. I probably get most of my games on Steam.

Aside from digital downloads, though, I tend to get all my games at EB Games. It's the most convenient store that sells games in my area and I don't mind their used selection. In fact, the only problem I've ever had with a game from EB Games was a game I bought new. :P (I didn't try to play it until long after I would have been able to return it though orz.)

EB Games is a pretty decent company in Canada. I mean, they'll still rip you off if you sell your games back to them and their used games are super pricy if the title is popular but they don't usually push subscriptions or Edge cards or whatever here. They've started to, though, which bugs me. :(
Wait wait wait - so you're telling me that Gamestop owns EB Games? I wonder why they bothered having EB Games out here at all. Why don't they just call it Gamestop the world over and be done with it? I've been trying not to say "EB Games" this whole time thinking nobody would have any idea what I was talking about :P

This blows my mind.

Though for what it's worth, I've never bought a used game from there. I buy all my games new :3
EB Games was a separate company and I believe Gamestop bought it. Canada is nearby so eventually they started opening Gamestops here and they converted all the EB Games into Gamestops... but now they're in the process of converting them all back for some reason. I imagine it's our proximity to the states that made it a worthy venture in the first place but out of NA, Gamestop has never existed so changing it would destroy brand image.

But yes, they're the exact same company. EB Games used to be a thing in the US too so people will still know what you're talking about. :P

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Best start posting again when the topic's on something I can share my own experience about. *Wants to look like a decent contributor. >w>*

Anyways, I for some reason have never had a bad experience with GameStop across the 4-5 stores I've visited in my life, especially the one I frequent now. The Game Advisers never pushed anything on me; they only asked me questions if they weren't sure of an answer (such as renewing my Power-Up Rewards silver card); they only recommended games based on ones I was buying/have bought.

Hell, one time I even returned a game I bought new (with the package opened, game played and all for about a week before it was totally beaten), they refunded me the whole $60 because they couldn't "even see a speck of dust" on it, in the words of the clerk. I feel lucky that I haven't dealt with any terrible Advisers like so many others have.

Years
I have little money and two choices; Buy a new copy of Skyrim (mine is warped and super glitchy), or Assassin's Creed 3 when it comes out?

Dilemma! D:

Back