• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5 hour sleep is better than 8 hours!!!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Just curious, but how many do you normally get? Is it not enough for your body?

Usually that's a bit on the high side when it comes to hours of sleep.

probably between 7-8

but that 1-2 hour difference between 7, 8, and 9 is a lot larger.

Under 7 and I'm like dead all day

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Whenever I work I tend to get around 5 or 6 hours of sleep because of my terrible habit of staying up 20+ hours a day and dicking around. Days that I don't work though I usually get around 10 or 11 hours. Basically just whenever I decided to get up then.

Years
probably between 7-8

but that 1-2 hour difference between 7, 8, and 9 is a lot larger.

Under 7 and I'm like dead all day
Normally that's the same for me, actually! However, usually a small cup of coffee in the morning can keep me going for the day. I assume though that you don't drink coffee or any other caffeinated beverage early on in the day?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Normally that's the same for me, actually! However, usually a small cup of coffee in the morning can keep me going for the day. I assume though that you don't drink coffee or any other caffeinated beverage early on in the day?

I only drink coffee if I think I need it. I prefer coffee for the taste than anything else lol

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Interesting. I'm starting to get about 6-8 hours sleep these days, thanks to work, but seeing as how there's numerous conflicting reports on this subject, I'm not quite sure what to believe in. guess I'll sleep on it

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I think the findings of the survey suggest that people who require less sleep are less prone to cancer, not that people who skip the sleep their genetic makeup requires will benefit from sleeping less.

For whatever reason, everyone requires different sleep lengths. I'm often awake for 12-14 and asleep for 10-12, which I hate, but I found I sleep less (only 6-9 hours, up to a 50% drop!) if I do it at night. So if you wanna sleep less, just try to sleep better, with less noise and light. It might also help to sleep with someone, as for most of human history (literally all of it until the 19-20th century) people slept in groups. There's a similar deal with the recent invention of the flushing toilet, too — one should actually squat rather than sit.

Back