• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
tbh they might end up swapping the Elite Four and the actual gyms, and have ice/fire/electric/dragon in elite four, and have fighting/dark/psychic/ghost in the actual cities.

Ghost would be located in Icirrus (dragons/legendaries, kind of spooky @ Dragonspiral Tower), Dark would be located in Opelucid (I could see legit dark themes there), Psychic would be located in Nimbasa (I consider Nimbasa as "fun", while ghosts aka what Kanto taught us, are "fun") and the first gym would just be fighting, so that you can't use the wild Pokemon - aka weak to fighting. And... water wouldn't have a gym, as well as grass. :x

I'm pretty sure that water, along with poison, will have a gym.

As for the idea of having a fire-type E4? That's already been used. If they totally switch out the Elite 4, then it'd be cool if they had Electric, Flying, Grass, and Rock. Those types have never been used in the E4. I strongly agree dark should be used as a gym.

If they don't switch out the current E4, I think that Alder will most likely step down from his champion position and have either Marshal or Grimsley take the position. Either Cheren or Bianca (most likely Cheren) could become champion as well, or if not, a new E4 member. As for Drayden, he could become an E4 member, as it's happened before with Koga.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
We've seen Homika with a Koffing in the best wishes previews so we could easily assume it'll be one of the her Pokémon (I wouldn't be surprised if she had multiple) in B2/W2, even if the anime never always give Gym Leaders their Pokémon from the games, but it's most likely. But yeah - I hope she has a Croagunk, idk, it looks like it would fit her personality.

I can't really see her with anything like a Budew or Roselia, I mean - she has that edge about her, she probably likes the more vicious poison types.

As for Shizui, he should totally have a Sharpedo, idk, I sort of see it. Maybe a Panpour or Simipour - mainly due to their similarities in appearance. xD;

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
We've seen Homika with a Koffing in the best wishes previews so we could easily assume it'll be one of the her Pokémon (I wouldn't be surprised if she had multiple) in B2/W2, even if the anime never always give Gym Leaders their Pokémon from the games, but it's most likely. But yeah - I hope she has a Croagunk, idk, it looks like it would fit her personality.

I can't really see her with anything like a Budew or Roselia, I mean - she has that edge about her, she probably likes the more vicious poison types.

As for Shizui, he should totally have a Sharpedo, idk, I sort of see it. Maybe a Panpour or Simipour - mainly due to their similarities in appearance. xD;

That you for the link omg
Croagunk seems likely. Given the area that we're playing in, plus every main character seems to have a wetsuit of some sort, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pokemon you'd see in a bayou area. I think Roselia would be like that cute twist, though.

I can totally see Shizui with a Sharpedo. He looks like the type of man who would go out into see and wrestle one down. I'm still hoping and pulling for there to be a Politoed on his team, though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Sharpedo would be nice, but something like Clamperl would be a good twist, since he seems like he's a diver of sorts. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I didn't think of that! o3o
Maybe he'll have a Relicanth! <33333
Gosh, I hope he has more than two Pokemon. I so want his team to now be Clamperl, Simipour, Sharpedo, and Politoed. c:

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Definitely something found underwater, hmmm. Perhaps like a Gorebyss and/or a Huntail, depending on the version you have?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
That'd be neat! Like, Black 2 he will have a Gorebyss and White 2 he will have a Huntail or something. o3o

And I have to say, if the trio brothers come back and are Gym Leaders again, I think it'd be awesome if they were a triple/rotation battle depending on what version you have.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I hope we get a Steel or Grass Gym Leader, as it was impossible to find a trainer in BW with a Ferrothorn :S

blue

gucci
Years
I hope the levels are increased of the Gym Leaders and the E4, Black and White wasn't easy but it wasn't difficult, I'd like to see the E4 in mid 50's and increase for each member rather than have them all at 48-50.
Oh and another thing I'd want is to be able to battle the Champion first time rather than wait for the rematches.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I thought the levels of the first few leaders was just dandy. It's when it got later in the game that it was getting too easy. Like Drayden/Iris definitely needed higher level Pokemon.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Oh and another thing I'd want is to be able to battle the Champion first time rather than wait for the rematches.
I didn't really mind this, it was part of the story and the cut scenes were awesome, but yeah - it probably won't happen a second time anyway. Still - I wouldn't mind if it were necessary.

Oh, I'm starting to think about Gen 1-4 Pokémon some of the B/W Gym Leaders will have now, considering a lot of them will keep their places. There's also that speculation on more than 8 gyms too, which I'd love. I wonder if any of the previous gym leaders will have been promoted to Elite Four. D:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I really hope the triple leaders don't come back. I would find that terribly annoying if there were two of the same type gym in one region. I want the triplets to have it revealed that they're the Shadow Triad since they no longer have a gym to hang around ;x

blue

gucci
Years
I really hope the triple leaders don't come back. I would find that terribly annoying if there were two of the same type gym in one region. I want the triplets to have it revealed that they're the Shadow Triad since they no longer have a gym to hang around ;x

I doubt they would otherwise for those who chose Tepig would have to deal with 2 water Gym Leaders and that's something they wouldn't do. As you've said there are signs that indicate that they are infact the Shadow Triad but that could just be a coincidence but I think we should learn more about them regardless.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Fire? Nah. :x Water would actually be the most appropriate. Ground possibly because of the sand but I feel like in general although there's sunshine, fire just... wouldn't work out there. XD;

In Lacunosa, I'd love to see a ghost gym btw. Just seems creepy and haunted and the appropriate place. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Fire? Heck no. Fire is a little more destructive, wild, and angry. Undella Town is the exact opposite of all of that. xD
If Undella EVER got a Gym, I would expect Ground or Water.

I'm hoping for a Fighting Type Gym in some city somewhere (lookit me, Mr. Details).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Fighting hmmm. I'd say fighting could fit in @ Striaton tbh. It's pratically the opposite to normal (sorta?) and the people there kinda have a fighting spirit, or at least Lenora does. ;x

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Isn't Striation City the one with the triplets?

But I could totally see it where the Driftveil gym was.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
ffff I ALWAYS GOT STRIATON AND NACRENE MIXED UP. /hide in shame

Well I guess it'd make sense if you could find psychic Pokemon in the craters and then a fighting gym nearby so "Unova makes it easier" once again. :3

Years
The Elite Four the first time was easy since their levels were in the 50's. The only time I had a little trouble with them was when I fought them a second time and their levels jumped like 15 levels. I also really want to be able to fight gym leaders again in their gyms. I mean, literally go up to them and interact with them after you beat them and fight them again after you beat the Elite Four.

At least the E4's levels weren't in the 40's, like in Gold and Silver.

I'd really prefer that the E4's levels were in the mid 50's to low 60's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back