• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th gen fun battle team: Team Hax

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
Hey guys!^^ Some might know me from my VGC team or... well, from somewhere else!^^ Anyways, I experimented with some hax attacks like attact and Confuse Ray since my last Battle Tower fail... and that´s when I got the idea for this team!^^ It´s still in experimental state, though, which is why I´d highly appreciate any kind of criticism (except for: This pokemon sucks blah blah, y u use this kinda trash poke... I think you get what I mean!^^) . As some of you probably guessed from this, this will be a team based around "hax attacks" and "hax abilities"!^^ And, because of the unreliability of this startegy, this will most likely only be used in fun battles, battles against newbies or maybe even the Battle Subway but I still want this team to be as good as possible without losing its "face"!^^

Well, here goes:

1. Pokemon
I´m sort of in need of help here... Which Spinda set do you think works better? Depending on the result, I´ll change the order of my "tricks"!^^
Spinda 1:
Spoiler:

or...

Spinda 2
Spoiler:

2. Pokemon:

Chatot Lv.100 @Lum Berry/Leftovers/Pecha Berry
Trait: Tangled Feet
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
Nature: Timid
Attacks:
-Double Team
-Substitute
-Roost
-Toxic

Yup, another "forgotten one" just emerged from the dephts of NU to join my weird team!^^ And with a pretty strange moveset, too!^^ Since sweeping didn´t exactly work with it when I tried (this could be because it still had bad EVs + lack of Nasty Plot back then but oh well, the damage was done...^^), I switched to a very gimmicky option!^^ The main idea is that it gets hit by Teeter Dance and uses Double Team in the first round to start with a solid 2x evasion boost!^^ If I´m lucky, I´ll get the Sub up in the 2nd turn and Double Team away!^^ after 3-4 boosts, Chatot starts Toxicing to slowly wear down the opponents!^^ And Roost... Yeah, Roost is to recover the Subsitute damage and any other damage the little one may take during the battle (although I think it´ll only take one or, with very much luck, two hits...)!^^

3. Pokemon:

Simisage Lv.100 @Flying Gem/Choice Band/Scarf/King´s Rock
Trait: Gluttony
Nature: Lonely
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 spe, 4 HP
-Rock Slide
-Low Kick
-Seed Bomb
-Acrobatics/Crunch

What? No hax in here? Wrong!^^ The second part of my hax "strategy" is a very mean interpretation of ParaFlinch: Meet RockFlinch with no Serene Grace!^^ Believe me, this works, as it managed to shut down my TR wifi team (the only attack I could throw off was a Mach Punch from Conkeldurr...). With two Rock Sliders out, the chance of an enemy pokemon attacking is pretty low!^^ The other moves are coverage: Seed Bomb = STAB, Low Kick to hit most Steel types hard and Crunch is filler!^^ I´m considering the Acrobatics Flying Gem combo, though but if I use it, it´ll most likely be on the next Pokemon, namely...

4. Pokemon

Archeops Lv.100 @Flying Gem/ChoiceBand/Scarf/King´s Rock
Trait: Defeatist
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Attacks:
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics/Aerial Ace
-Filler

Together with Simisage, it´ll form the second part of the "RockFlinch" duo!^^ Depending on Simisage´s item, it´ll get something that goes well with it. About the rest: Earthquake to get those Electrics and Steels, Aerial Ace/Acrobatics is STAB and the fourth attack... Dunno!^^

5. Pokemon

Drapion Lv.100 @ Starf Berry/ Air Balloon/Black Sludge
Trait: Battle Armor
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 200 Def, 56 SpD
-Acupressure
-Rest
-Substitute/Sleep Talk
-Random offensive attack

Maybe not really a set that suits doubles but it could be worth a try!^^ The idea: Use Substitute, then Acupressure away on either you or a teammate, and once three Subs have been used, Starf Berry activates to give you another free Acupressure!^^ Then, I´d say, it´s Rest time!^^ And that´s where its biggest weakness is: Which is why I´m debating with myself whether I should replace sub with Sleep Talk to make the most haxy RestTalk set in existance!^^ After enough Acupressures, it´s sweep time!^^
About the items: Air Balloon to make it work better with Archeops, Chesto Berry for ChestoRest and Black sludge for Lefties Recovery!^^

And last but not least...

Dunno!^^ Maybe some kinda Dual Screens supporter, or something more hax-related like a Moody Pokemon (but unfortunately, I don´t have access to the Dream World!^^) but I haven´t quite made up my mind yet...

So, and that was my attempt on a pure hax-based team!^^ Battling with it should be interesting because I´m probably gonna see highs and lows with this... Oh, and this should also be my first attempt on EV spreading and Natures and all this stuff (thought this team would be a nice beginning for this)!^^

Yup, and that´s that!^^ Thanks for looking at it and even more thanks for rating/helping me to make it better!^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2015
i: Spinda

Okay... Spinda isn't really suited as a lead. If you must use Spinda (regardless of it's measly stats) then I suggest using another Pokémon as your lead. Your best bet with Spinda is to use a Parafusion set. Below is my recommendation:

Spinda @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature [+Atk, -SpAtk]
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

Substitute
Teeter Dance
Body Slam
Rock Slide

Since Spinda's defenses are horrible and it's important for him to not take a hit. This set tries to accomplish that. Bring Spinda in on something thats forced to switch out (yeah... uh... good luck) and set up Substitute. From there you can use either Teeter Dance or Body Slam to either confuse or attempt to paralyze. Rock Slide provides coverage as well as an accurate attacking move so Spinda isn't 'Taunt bait' as you put it or prone to missing with Body Slam. About that recovery move... forget it! Spinda can't live long enough to use a move like that so why bother?

ii: Chatot:

For what you want to do, Chatot's moveset etc. seems fine. However, in my opinion, Chatot could serve better as a Nasty Plot sweeper. Here is a moveset that may work well:

Chatot @ Life Orb
Timid Nature [+Spe, -Atk]
Ability: Tangled Feet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe

Nasty Plot
Hyper Voice
Heat Wave
HP Grass / Toxic

As a Nasty Plot sweeper Nasty Plot (obviously) is your best move as it raises special attack by 2 stages. Hyper Voice provides STAB while Heat Wave gives coverage. HP Grass is preferred though if you want a status move then go with Toxic. Not really much else to say...

I may review the rest of your team later on... Oh, and please could you take a look and try to review my OU team?

Back