• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An Exquisite Corpse II

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Can I really help it if I decide to do lines of crack before coming onto this board? I've heard withdrawal's a *****.

1. Yes, it's round three. As I've noted earlier in the same post.

2. Yeah, that one I just meant that the maximum amount of time you can take is set at one week. So, I guess it's "no more," although for those of you who badger the other players into finishing when it's still under a week, I do have a quiver of arrows, a lighter, and just enough sadism to see what happens if I try to shoot. (Although if I keep taking crack before interacting with you people, you're more likely to see me run around in circles on fire, but.)

As for your post, Rabbit, my own piece was written in 12-point (with margins at 1.25 -- default for Word), so if it's the others that's you're talking about, I could double-check and hit the people responsible with a fish.

I'm not sure why I wish so much harm to befall animals right now. I think this avatar is influencing me.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
I'm up for another round.

By the way, before I get hunted down, I confess that I did not use the specified font when I wrote my section. *dodges fish.* I guess I copy-pasted what had been sent to me and just started typing from there. I feel über-terrible about this (with an umlaut, see?), and I promise not to do it again.

To err is human, to forgive is divine!

I am not a crook!

*Holds up both hands with peace signs.*

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
I'm up for another round. Doing this gives me some motivation to write my chaptered fic :)

EDIT: Just checked my margins in Open Office and they are .75", which is weird because I haven't seen that as a default, like, ever. That would explain why all of my essays for college seemed longer than they should have been... I do use 12 pt. TNR font though.

Last edited:

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
I'm up for another round. Doing this gives me some motivation to write my chaptered fic :)

EDIT: Just checked my margins in Open Office and they are .75", which is weird because I haven't seen that as a default, like, ever. That would explain why all of my essays for college seemed longer than they should have been... I do use 12 pt. TNR font though.

Time to confess...

I just opened word and started typing. Default setting for MS Word 07: 1' margins all the way around, and Calibri font at 11pt.

Sorry guyz... *dodges what ever is thrown.*

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
Years
Eh, I think a little more or less is fine as long as it's not too much. Of course, the problem with ever giving leeway is that it may just snowball, which is always a problem.

Anyways, yes, I'd like to be in the next one again. :D I actually don't want to be the tail again, as it'd be hard to trump the awesome ending I wrote for the last one; and I want to see what I can do with less space. So, sign me up!

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
I'm going to be checking my margins every time I do one of these now, but it's already much too late to go back and conform my part of the last CORPSE to the 1" standards. Shouldn't be too much more than one page in standard formatting though...

EDIT: Maybe we should set a specific margin for this. I think Xanthine should choose the margins and perhaps include them in the first post so that we don't have any more madness over length. So far it looks like some of us have different defaults, so a common ground is probably necessary...

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I just opened word and started typing. Default setting for MS Word 07: 1' margins all the way around, and Calibri font at 11pt.

Sorry guyz... *dodges what ever is thrown.*

This one would actually have to be a fault on your part, unfortunately. First post, first rule at least has always established that the font should be twelve-point Times. =/

Eh, I think a little more or less is fine as long as it's not too much. Of course, the problem with ever giving leeway is that it may just snowball, which is always a problem.

Mostly, the formatting rule's in place to ensure that we can easily check to see if you've reached the proper limit, rather than to create a set of limitations to add to the challenge, if that makes sense. But I think I can be comfortable with more or less, so long as it's not noticeable.

EDIT: Maybe we should set a specific margin for this. I think Xanthine should choose the margins and perhaps include them in the first post so that we don't have any more madness over length. So far it looks like some of us have different defaults, so a common ground is probably necessary...

We can go with my defaults: 1" top and bottom, 1.25" sides. I've added both under the first rule.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Sorry about the lateness, folks. Lineup's below. If you don't see your name, you're not cool enough to be part of the Corpse post and I'll insert it at random.

Censored
Astinus
Rabbit
Icomeanon6
An-chan
Xanthine
Shrike Flamestar
Post Office Buddy
Ninja Caterpie

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I was wondering how far along we were. XD No worries. Thanks for telling us, and I hope you get well soon (or have gotten well quickly).

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
I have received permission from Astinus to revive this thread.
The corpse is done, we just need a title so I can start the thread.

My contribution is: Discombobulated.

Back