• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Expanding Evolution Stone Index

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 19, 2019
I'm working on a FR hack and I'm trying to make hold item such as Metal Coat and King's Rock work like evolution stones instead of having to trade holding them. I've attempted it using LSA's Complete Item editor but "More Usages," is greyed out because it accesses a table that only effects items from index number 0x0D to 0x8E. I haven't found any guide or tools that can help me because I don't fully understand what it is I need to be looking for.

I've tried simply moving the items to an index inside that range but it causes broken graphics for the close sprite in the bag, and the bag sprite itself. I understand that I'll probably need to make edits to the rom in a Hex editor but I don't know how to find the address or what changes to specifically make.

Any help, even some direction as to what to research would be greatly appreciated.

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I found a way, gonna try to upload a tutorial later, easy way

Back