• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Thanks for telling me, XxTsukasa! I'm glad that I didn't catch Ho-oh for nothing then!!

Okay, but don't do any glitch reports for beta 4. If you do, it will be most likely that it only happens for you because you're playing a double patched ROM. You're not supposed to do what you want to do, so I suggest you just catch Ho-Oh again and avoid more glitches then beta 4 may have, but if you're going ahead with it anyway, don't make any glitch reports when beta 4 comes out.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
Oh please, I did read, he just recently edited the status section and added the elite 4 video.

I wasn't talking about just the first page, if that's what your referring to.
I meant like other pages, in the 90s he posted the video.

@marz: Yeah, you're right.

You should just repatch it onto a clean FR and then move the sav file to where the new FR is.

Narutonoor

Pokémon Collector
Years
You don't have to use a clean fire red game every time, I just patch the origional shiney gold I use and I've found no problems so far. Patched it twice so far on the same fire red.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
You don't have to use a clean fire red game every time, I just patch the origional shiney gold I use and I've found no problems so far. Patched it twice so far on the same fire red.

You have been lucky then because there have been many reports of events repeating or not working at all due to double patching

Years
Hey, does anyone here think it would be wrong to create your old pokemon from a previous beta with pokemon maker and import them to the next beta?

Prince Vaati

Banana Lover, GH person :P
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 2, 2013
Hey, Zel, i have a question. Even though this is a gold remake, can you include some of the 4th gen. Pokemon in the game? Like the new starters or some evolved forms like Weevile or MimeJr?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Nice Hack zel! I've been keeping my eye on this one!
BTW, i've been testing the combatibility of trading with Shiny Gold.
Leaf Green & Fire Red work fine, Still not sure about Ruby & Sapphire.
Good Luck ^_^

Well, I can confirm you it won't trade with R/S/E, because you needed the rocks and doing an event in Island1 (which is what really matters, it's needed to see the stuff in that event and figure out a flag, or command needed to enable the trading ability)

Im not ripped off xD I think o.o
Its just on comp i dont get so much and i got a GBA in real life and when i was looking at stores to get new game i find Pokemon Shiny Gold...i was like..woot? new pokemon game...but its not o.o and yeah maybe i got ripped odd b/c that game need some more work @_@ (it is super cool pokemon hack,but come on! do you call that great if a girl srpite is like a ghost? *walks away -me no ghost- * )

Well, and I can confirm you that you've gotten ripped... :P (It's an in-progress work, so you payed for an uncomplete game)
And... I do admit I may be forgetting a bit about the feminine public, lol (I hope to get to work on all her sprites soon... Apologies...)

Can I possibly keep my current team when the next Beta comes? Because I caught Ho-oh. With a Great Ball.

You may do whatever with the patching methods, but keep a backup just in case. By the way, you could just trade from the old Shiny Gold version to the newer one (even though they may not obey you till you get badges again)
Don't forget, all of you people should consider yourselves as Beta Testers, you are testing an in-progress work, and... Who said Beta Testing was an easy work? :D

Well, I'm going, there are no news, which drives me crazy... :disappoin

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
Well, I can confirm you it won't trade with R/S/E, because you needed the rocks and doing an event in Island1 (which is what really matters, it's needed to see the stuff in that event and figure out a flag, or command needed to enable the trading ability)

Well, and I can confirm you that you've gotten ripped... :P (It's an in-progress work, so you payed for an uncomplete game)
And... I do admit I may be forgetting a bit about the feminine public, lol (I hope to get to work on all her sprites soon... Apologies...)

You may do whatever with the patching methods, but keep a backup just in case. By the way, you could just trade from the old Shiny Gold version to the newer one (even though they may not obey you till you get badges again)
Don't forget, all of you people should consider yourselves as Beta Testers, you are testing an in-progress work, and... Who said Beta Testing was an easy work? :D

Well, I'm going, there are no news, which drives me crazy... :disappoin

Thats so cool epecialy the trading, but too bad looks like you cant trade to r/s/e, only if you made the celibi event havineing to do wit it...

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2008
YES! I got the newest version of gbSP for my PSP so it lets me save the game and have sound. :D Yay!

Nice mod once again. Also, apologies if this has already been asked, but is there going to be a day/night feature added? Or is there another Gold/Silver/Crystal remake you know of that has that feature?

Thanks..

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
YES! I got the newest version of gbSP for my PSP so it lets me save the game and have sound. :D Yay!

Nice mod once again. Also, apologies if this has already been asked, but is there going to be a day/night feature added? Or is there another Gold/Silver/Crystal remake you know of that has that feature?

Thanks..

*sign* It cant, becuase FireRed runs on a circuit board, not internal clock.

And you have to consider actual game coding. Not scripting. So ethier way, no 3rd gen game can support day and night features.

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2008
*sign* It cant, becuase FireRed runs on a circuit board, not internal clock.

And you have to consider actual game coding. Not scripting. So ethier way, no 3rd gen game can support day and night features.

Hmm, weird. I saw a hack earlier which used either FR/LG or R/S (one of the two) and it had night vision implented in. What I was asking though was if there was any to download.

Edit: I think it was called GlitterGold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back