• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Okay, whenever I try to start AGPIX or Cyclone, I get the following error message:
System Error &H80070485 (-2147023739). One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.

I'm using Windows 98.

I get the same problem, I am using XP though, I think it is the same problem though, I cant help you, but I also have this problem...

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hi guys, it seems that nobody answered my question but anyway, may you guys didn't see my post there so i'll repeat the question... May I'm breaking the rules(I don't know anything about that)
but I'm really having a hard time with my roblem...

The problem is.... I'm using sappy12 for changing midi files for my hack but i'm having a hard time with it bcuz when I tried to import my midis to change the old midis, I can't play the new midi what I just inserted and the sappy12 window closes.... How can i fix it? And if there is any more tools better than sappy12, can you guys tell me...?

Thanks in advance. :)
I have no idea. I've never used Sappy before. Did you follow the tutorials to the letter? If you still can't manage it try PMing someone who has inserted music before like clonex25 (I think thats his name).

I searched through, but didn't find it...
Is there another way??
Thats really strange. Try PMing someone who has change it before like Zel.

Okay, whenever I try to start AGPIX or Cyclone, I get the following error message:
System Error &H80070485 (-2147023739). One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.

I'm using Windows 98.
Try this. Copy the file to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.

Where can I download "Cyclone" the pokemon hacking tool?
And also every time I click on Dexter in Elitemap this pops up "No ROMs found in directory when I clearly have them in the same folder Elitemap is in. How can I fix this?
This same question has been asked 3 times in 3 pages... here. Are you sure that Dexter is in the same folder as Elitemap? Anyway Dexter only works for R/S use YAPE its a lot better.

So...

How do you change/add the physical/special attribute of types (like Fighting is physical, Water is special), and where can you add pointers to the type image (the little thing that says 'Normal' or whatever type next to the same-type move or Pokémon)?

I tried my best to find out without any help, but I couldn't find any traces of the data in the rom, neither could I find any documentation. Please help!
In all honesty I have no idea for the first part. If this is FR try looking around 2420816 (dec). Thats where the Type Weakness/Strength data is. To change the type image you use UNLZ (I think) you'll have to search for it or find a resource with a list of Deep Scanned values. If its not in UNLZ you'll have to use TLP.

I get the same problem, I am using XP though, I think it is the same problem though, I cant help you, but I also have this problem...
Try this. Put it in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Now i have a problem:
I´m inserting pokemon on the 25 free spaces.
Everything is fine until i play the game and the backsprite of my poke is something like this:
g.php
pkfrnemesisversion01zl3.png

The colors are messed up.
When i see the bksprite at RSBall and Pokepic, it looks normal.

(every poke inserted until now(Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf) have this problem, i have repointed their palletes to free spaces)
What do you suggest me?
my.php

code4242

Can You Crack The Code?
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
does anyone know where i can find mystery dungeon red rescue team hack tools?

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2010
Whenever I run sappy, I get a run-time error. I've downloaded it from multiple sources, and none of them worked, does anyone have an idea why?

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Now i have a problem:
Everything is fine until i play the game and the backsprite of my poke is something like this:
g.php

(every poke inserted until now(Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf) have this problem, i have repointed their palletes to free spaces)
What do you suggest me?
my.php

Did you index the sprite in 16 colors before inserting it?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Did you index the sprite in 16 colors before inserting it?

My IrfanView says: Yes, it´s indexed.:15:
My UnzlGBA says: Yes, its indexed. I inserted the sprite on the game! no?:king:

Out of the joke, yes, the backsprites are indexed since UnzlGBA inserted them on the game. But the problem was with only Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit.
When i inserted Dialga it was normal, not messed up.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I have no idea. I've never used Sappy before. Did you follow the tutorials to the letter? If you still can't manage it try PMing someone who has inserted music before like clonex25 (I think thats his name).

Thats really strange. Try PMing someone who has change it before like Zel.

Try this. Copy the file to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.

This same question has been asked 3 times in 3 pages... here. Are you sure that Dexter is in the same folder as Elitemap? Anyway Dexter only works for R/S use YAPE its a lot better.

In all honesty I have no idea for the first part. If this is FR try looking around 2420816 (dec). Thats where the Type Weakness/Strength data is. To change the type image you use UNLZ (I think) you'll have to search for it or find a resource with a list of Deep Scanned values. If its not in UNLZ you'll have to use TLP.

Try this. Put it in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\

AH!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Finally! Cyclone WORKS!! I have been trying to get this thing working since I originally got it almost a year ago! I am forever in your debt! You need anything, just PM ME!

Squee!!!! :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D

pthrules

duncanrcook is now pthrules!!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2008
red help

ok I need help with pokemon red (not fire red, just RED)

is there a known way to edit pokemon/trainer battle sprites?
how do I change fly to points on the town map?
how do I change the coordinates of each place where the cursor goes on the town map?
how to edit map connections?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I realise that I'm being a little harsh, but if you can't take the time to even try to fix it yourself then you should be thankful that people even answer them at all.

Now i have a problem:
g.php

What do you suggest me?
my.php
I remember having this problem myself a while back. I can't remember how I fixed it though. Try using Darthatrons PEP program. Insert the palletes to an empty area and use PEP(Poke Edit Pro) to change the pointer for the back sprite pallete.

does anyone know where i can find mystery dungeon red rescue team hack tools?
I'm pretty sure that there aren't any available except the starter changer that Son Sebbe made.

Whenever I run sappy, I get a run-time error. I've downloaded it from multiple sources, and none of them worked, does anyone have an idea why?
What exactly does the error say? Try searching for that error in Google.

How do I edit an items description. Like the Teachy tv.
Search for that description in A-Text and then replace it.

AH!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Finally! Cyclone WORKS!! I have been trying to get this thing working since I originally got it almost a year ago! I am forever in your debt! You need anything, just PM ME!

Squee!!!! :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D
All you had to do was search for that error in Google.

How can I transfer OW sprites from one game to another?
Using OW Editor RE go to File -> Export...
Then open the new rom in OW Editor RE and go to File -> Import...
Check Pallete and Graphics. Pretty simple if you bothered to try it yourself.

how do I change the coordinates of each place where the cursor goes on the town map?
Sorry, I don't know the answers to these. Hopefully someone who does will see this though.

Years

I'll do the best I can with these, I probably won't be able to help too much, but I'll give it a go, and if you're looking for a tool, don't even worry about hacking red.
1) Unless you want to read the document on the compression and apply that yourself through hex, I can't help. I wrote a tutorial on changing the sprites between each game. By that I mean swapping the Red Pikachu with the Yellow Pikachu Sprite or with the Blue Yellow Sprite.
2) I'm not sure. It might appear in the object data, but I haven't looked.
3) Huh? Changing the town map? I don't understand what you're asking.
4)There's a document somewhere. I can't remember exactly where it is. But if you find Black Phantom's signature, there should be a link to his website which might have that document there.

EDIT: There's some map data just posted by Black Phantom in the Documents and Tutorials section.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
thethethethe's right.
the border block in A-Map should be appearing exactly like this.
untitled-16.png

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Is it possible to import and export maps of the same measurements from one Firered to another accounting that both have the same tilesets and are for the same area?

code4242

Can You Crack The Code?
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
this may not be too simple but how can i make an event battle, with advance map preferably. you know, like Zapdos or Mewtwo. oh yea, it's for fire red.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
how can i put dp pokemon in firered?

i tired putting turtwig in but when i replace bulbasaur with turtwig the image gets messed up.
is there anyway to fix it? also when i tried to put another image it said "image not indexed". what does that mean? when i tried putting in chimchar for charmander it worked.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
i tired putting turtwig in but when i replace bulbasaur with turtwig the image gets messed up.
is there anyway to fix it? also when i tried to put another image it said "image not indexed". what does that mean? when i tried putting in chimchar for charmander it worked.

Not indexed would mean that the image was preferably too big. 64x64 is the normal size and all the pokemon must have 16 color pallette limits which mean you can't use more than 16 colors on a pokemon and it has to have black and white as 2 of the sixteen. There's always the part where you could've repointed something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back