• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@The Final Watchman: Alright.

@Everyone: I'll be updating the list soon with the new spots and updated teams. C= Also, holidays are not in real time. It's currently halloween. We'll probably be having Thanksgiving and Christmas with only about a day or two inbetween the holidays ICly, but I expect no snarky IC comments on this, as it's a rule of cool thing in that the only alternative is having no holidays. (Lest you wish to see me ragin')

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Yellow don't hate me IRL, but the best way I could think of to get me intertwined with other students was for Raizer to go beserk on your dragonair....so uh yeah... aerial ace always hits so it's your turn next....

Years
Hey , I wish to join if that is okay~

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Julia Sapphire Jones

Nickname (Optional): Jules

Age (10-15):14

Gender (Male or Female): Female

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
Julia has short brown hair in a Frankie Stanford cut, and likes to be rebellious , which is shown in her dressing, normally skinny jeans and a t-shirt. She is quite mature for her age and is rarely seen smiling. She adores her Converses (shoes) and is never seen without them.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum
Julia is spunky and rebellious although she adores her pokemon more than anything. She is quite cheeky and on the occasion kind. She is solitary and quiet, preferring her pokemon's company than others. However she has been opening up more lately. Like most trainers , her overconfidence sometimes gets the best of her in battles.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum
Julia was raised in Sinnoh, with two siblings: a sister and a brother. Her sister, Maria, left on a pokemon journey when Julia was young and they, due to her parents divorce and Maria's tendency to switch regions , lost all contact. However, Marcus , her younger brother , is just starting his Pokemon journey and left her hometown with his chimchar. As her parents are divorced she switched between them for many years. She is known worldwide for defeating hundreds of Grunts every day, which is why her Dad, amazed by her talent, sent her to the Academy. Another claim to fame, is her contest results. However, she is yet to defeat the Champion. Perhaps this is for the better, as with a goal in mind she keeps on going. Overall, she is a very good trainer,however her motto is: there is always room for improvement.

Pokémon :
Species: Zorua
Nickname: TheBlackBaby
Personality: This Zorua is silent but deadly. She is a quick striker and never gives in.
Lvl: 20
Moves: Dark pulse, scratch , return, faint attack

Species: aron
Nickname: Goron
Personality: Goron is a little chirpy, bubbly charicter. DUe to his small size he cries very loud to get noticed.
Lvl: 19
Moves: Iron tail, iron defence, earthquake, water pulse

Species: Munchlax
Nickname: Bruno
Personality: Although probably the strongest (move, stats wise) ,Bruno is very lazy and relaxed. The only thing that gets him going, sometimes, is a good battle. If the battle is boring he will snore, and most probably lose.
Level: 19
Moves: Ice Beam, Fire blast, Thunder and Blizzard

Hope you accept me as a new member ~

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Hiya everyone!!

So...after much thinking and soul-searching I'm very very sorry to announce that I am leaving the RP. I've been with the PTA pretty much since it began so this is kind of sad for me...I've seen RP'ers come and go but I never thought I'd be one of them. Unfortunately the b**** that is real life came along and decided to eat up every tiny last bit of spare time I had to my name, so I really can't dedicate the time and energy necessary to keep going in this RP. Or just generally on PC for that matter...

It's been a real pleasure RPing with you all. Feel free to add me on Skype if you have it and wish to stay in contact, it would be lovely to know how you're doing! :)

Well I guess that's that. Enjoy yourselves guys, have fun and keep it great!!

Best wishes,
Selena x

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Aw... Well if it's your decision. :( we'll miss you Selena! Good luck with everything!

(I'd add you on Skype but I don't have one...)

Dawn

Years
@Jasonwolf: Pffbt, it doesn't bother me at all. o-o; You did fail to acknowledge the extremespeed attack though. Dig shouldn't really be used to dodge pokemon that are faster than yours, since that's really the weakness of the move compared to say protect or detect, if that's what you were thinking.

@Delcatty123: Hmmm... I'm waiting on a second opinion from Megaman765, the other GM. It's a bit short, but I'll see what he thinks.

@SelenaStar: The roleplay won't be the same without you, Selena. You know I'll miss you deeply on a personal level. TTnTT

@Jackblaze: Oh snap! It's Jackblaze! I can't say I never wondered if you ever checked up on us. |D Didn't expect to hear from you here though. But yeah, it's a nice feeling isn't it?

Years
Really happy to see it running this long and to see it winning an award is even greater since i always wanted to win an award in all my time here. Congrats to yourself and Megaman for keeping it going. Looking at how far it has gone i'm wandering if i decided to come back to the site if i would even have a spot here.

But once again congrats and keep up the good work.

Dawn

Years
Pfft, of course you would, Jack! Er... though I'm afraid I didn't save your original SU at the time. >.< (I'm sorry.)

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Sorry it's been awhile since I posted. Just been so busy with the Holidays but I'll be back to posting after New Years

Dawn

Years
It's alright, Genevieve. c: I'll have at least some patience. Just... expect activity checks not long after.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
@Jasonwolf: Pffbt, it doesn't bother me at all. o-o; You did fail to acknowledge the extremespeed attack though. Dig shouldn't really be used to dodge pokemon that are faster than yours, since that's really the weakness of the move compared to say protect or detect, if that's what you were thinking.

yeah sorry. I haven't been feeling up to par latrely with any of my writing. I've completely stopped writing my fanfiction, and now i guess my RP quality is slipping. would you like me to edit the post to clean it up?

Dawn

Years
@Jasonwolf: Naaah, at least not this time. Seeing as the battle has ended I'd rather just move on. :P

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
just a thought does Raizer get exp for that battle even though it wasn't official or anything? maybe jsut like half or something?

Nah he gets full exp for it but its up to you if you want to give him half or not. Everyone is welcome to limit their leveling a bit if they really want to.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
If your character takes on a challenge that is significantly, abnormally high in difficulty you may be given the option of accepting extra levels at the discretion of the GM

this is a quote form the mechanics section. I'm wondeirng if you feel a level 19 Quilava versus a level fifty-or-so Dragonair would count as this. Just want to make sure I have this straigt from later times.

I have a feeling Raizer might act out again, but slightly differently.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Team Update!

Skye

Ellie (Espeon)- Level 20- Tackle, Flail, Iron Tail, Shadow Ball, Dig, Psychic
Rama (Zorua) Level 23- Scratch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse, Return, Fury Swipes, Faint Attack
Volca (Larvesta) Level 26-Take Down, Wild Charge, Acrobatics, Flamethrower, String Shot, Psychic
Pala (Cubchoo) Level 20- Powder Snow, Growl, Bide, Icy Wind, Fury Swipes
Rei (Lapras) Level 19-Sing, Water Gun, Confuse Ray, Ice Shard, Water Pulse, Body Slam

Rei gained two levels and learned Body Slam. No other changes.

Dawn

Years
@Jasonwolf: That's true. Though, there is a cutoff line where taking on challenges that are laughably difficult is not rewarded. As a general rule of thumb the closer a pokemon comes to winning a very challenging fight the more likely they are to be rewarded.

Regardless, help yourself to up to 2 extra levels on top of whatever else you earned.

Dawn

Years
Awesome. But please update your whole team at once in the future. It's simplest to just keep your team in a notepad file somewhere and edit as necessary. Heck, I do that. c:

Speaking of which, here's my team update. Dragonair gained 2 levels in the last battle, but had gained 3 levels in the battle against Lance yesterday ICly. (I forgot to update |D)

charizardicon.png
Charizard ♀ Lv. 40 (Dragon Pulse, Crunch, Flamethrower, Belly Drum, Iron Tail, Counter)
148i.png
Dragonair ♀ Lv. 56 (Flamethrower, Barrier, Shock Wave, Safeguard, Extremespeed, Dragon Rush)
flygonicon.png
Flygon ♀ Lv. 48 (Crunch, Attract, Steel Wing, Facade, Dragon Claw, Roost)
frilish.png
Frillish ♀ Lv. 35 (Absorb, Scald, Night Shade, Toxic, Confuse Ray, Constrict)
fraxureicon.png
Fraxure ♀ Lv. 41 (Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Night Slash, Protect, Reversal, Counter)
swinubicon.png
Swinub ♂ Lv. 31 (Ancient Power, Body Slam, Amnesia, Ice Shard, Earthquake, Curse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back